Children under 5 Covid vaccination

Update: It appears Safe Passage is being updated. Safe Passage's disclaimer has been updated to capture the changes on September 2. My son's vax card is still not approved, and the options under his profile are for ordering PCR testing for guests who are "not fully vaccinated - ages 11 and younger." It is not showing an option to order or upload antigen test results. However, I am wondering if that will change upon approval of his vax card. I submitted it on Friday so hopefully that approval will come through tomorrow.

View attachment 695040
Hey - just as of this morning, we were able to choose Upload Third Party Test Result (4-year-old’s vaccination card had already been approved). Hopefully they’ve rolled this out for everyone in advance of Sept. 2. I don’t mind being told the wrong thing on the phone as much if we’re still able to skip testing at the port. Good luck!

Hey - just as of this morning, we were able to choose Upload Third Party Test Result (4-year-old’s vaccination card had already been approved). Hopefully they’ve rolled this out for everyone in advance of Sept. 2. I don’t mind being told the wrong thing on the phone as much if we’re still able to skip testing at the port. Good luck!
This is great news! I called on point again this morning and they told me that everyone under 5 that gets tested at the port is going to have to get a PCR test. So I am begining to think they don't know what they are saying.

Thanks for the update, @four42two! Hope to hear good news from your sailing tomorrow. I need one less stress vector right now. :D

(Would you mind telling me how the OnPoint testing went for your four year old? I'm assuming you did the testing for him? Did they instruct you what to do? My son is still a wiggle worm and tries to grab the swab whenever I test him, so I'm trying to decide whether to do OnPoint or take him to the drive thru place again.)

Hi all, here’s my latest report. All eight of us (including 4-year-old) did Onpoint testing last night. We were able to upload all of the tests except for 4-year-old, whose Safe Passage button was still grayed out, saying she would be testing at port. Everyone’s was approved as of 7:45 this morning, as expected. And then…

When I logged in to verify Clear to Sail status, the 4-year-old’s button was not grayed out anymore! Whether that change was because of the recent policy change, or just pixie dust flying around, I cannot say. But we’ve now uploaded her test result, and fingers crossed she’ll be cleared to sail before tomorrow.
Did you get your under 5 year old a PCR test as well? (The 3 day ahead one?) My TA spoke with Disney and they said he would still need the PCR even though he's vaccinated but on point said no. I'd prefer not to spend the extra $200 but I also don't want to be turned away.

Thanks for the update, @four42two! Hope to hear good news from your sailing tomorrow. I need one less stress vector right now. :D

(Would you mind telling me how the OnPoint testing went for your four year old? I'm assuming you did the testing for him? Did they instruct you what to do? My son is still a wiggle worm and tries to grab the swab whenever I test him, so I'm trying to decide whether to do OnPoint or take him to the drive thru place again.)
Testing was fine for us, but I’ll admit she’s pretty used to them by now. We did the swab for her, on-camera. The proctors vary in how much they stage-direct you. But they seemed to understand that wrangling a four-year-old is a challenge - they didn’t complain about the squirming.

Did you get your under 5 year old a PCR test as well? (The 3 day ahead one?) My TA spoke with Disney and they said he would still need the PCR even though he's vaccinated but on point said no. I'd prefer not to spend the extra $200 but I also don't want to be turned away.
We did not. We were told we would have to, but then Safe Passage allowed us to upload the vaccination card anyway. We figured we’d try that and if it was rejected then we’d still have time to get a PCR test. But it was accepted and she was Clear to Arrive.

Hi all, here’s my latest report. All eight of us (including 4-year-old) did Onpoint testing last night. We were able to upload all of the tests except for 4-year-old, whose Safe Passage button was still grayed out, saying she would be testing at port. Everyone’s was approved as of 7:45 this morning, as expected. And then…

When I logged in to verify Clear to Sail status, the 4-year-old’s button was not grayed out anymore! Whether that change was because of the recent policy change, or just pixie dust flying around, I cannot say. But we’ve now uploaded her test result, and fingers crossed she’ll be cleared to sail before tomorrow.
Or maybe not. Safe Passage rejected her test result yesterday with an incomprehensible message about how only PCR tests and NAAT tests were accepted for kids under 5, and that I could upload those test results to a different section (notwithstanding that she was already Clear to Arrive). I’ve resubmitted with an explanatory note, but as of 7am on departure day, we’re still not cleared. Luckily the front desk at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort were kind enough to print out the test results, so we’ll bring them to the port, and try with the Safe Passage staff there.

Or maybe not. Safe Passage rejected her test result yesterday with an incomprehensible message about how only PCR tests and NAAT tests were accepted for kids under 5, and that I could upload those test results to a different section (notwithstanding that she was already Clear to Arrive). I’ve resubmitted with an explanatory note, but as of 7am on departure day, we’re still not cleared. Luckily the front desk at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort were kind enough to print out the test results, so we’ll bring them to the port, and try with the Safe Passage staff there.
UGH. This is so ridiculous. And makes me worry they're going to reject my son's vaccine card. Good luck.

Also, show them the Know Before You Go section on DCL's website that clearly states vaccinated passengers only need a PCR test. That section does not have a date that this policy goes into effect, only the vaccination section states September 2. https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

Like four42two, our DS4’s safe passage page, the button was greyed out before, now it has turned blue. We are 3 days away from sailing, will upload results on Saturday.

Edit: 3 days, not 4 days

Last edited:
Like four42two, our DS4’s safe passage page, the button was greyed out before, now it has turned blue. We are 4 days away from sailing, will upload results on Saturday.
Thanks for the update. How long did it take for the vaccine card to be approved? It’s been a week for us. I just emailed this morning for a status update.

Thanks for the update. How long did it take for the vaccine card to be approved? It’s been a week for us. I just emailed this morning for a status update.
It was submitted Tuesday and approved Saturday. Everyone else was approved on Tuesday.

Awesome! Looks like we booked the cruises with the right sail date, just in time for policy changes to work in our favor.
Yeah, I'm interested to see what happens with @four42two today. But DCL's website clearly states that vaccinated guests only need the antigen testing 1-2 days prior. And that section does not have a date that the policy goes into effect.

Yeah, I'm interested to see what happens with @four42two today. But DCL's website clearly states that vaccinated guests only need the antigen testing 1-2 days prior. And that section does not have a date that the policy goes into effect.
We were unable to get the Early Embarkation Testing approved before arriving at the port. But when we got there, we went to the health screening test, where they manually approved the test results. We were in and out in less than five minutes. It was helpful to have brought the printed out test results, but they already saw them uploaded to the system, too.

All in all, the whole experience was more stressful than it needed to be, but we ended up doing exactly the same procedure for the vaccinated four-year-old as for everyone else in the party (plus an extra stop at the health screening test). And all of this will be moot as of September 2.

On the very plus side, we’re now on the Wish! Yay vacation!

We were unable to get the Early Embarkation Testing approved before arriving at the port. But when we got there, we went to the health screening test, where they manually approved the test results. We were in and out in less than five minutes. It was helpful to have brought the printed out test results, but they already saw them uploaded to the system, too.

All in all, the whole experience was more stressful than it needed to be, but we ended up doing exactly the same procedure for the vaccinated four-year-old as for everyone else in the party (plus an extra stop at the health screening test). And all of this will be moot as of September 2.

On the very plus side, we’re now on the Wish! Yay vacation!
Thank you for the update. Have a GREAT time and a much-needed drink!

Like four42two, our DS4’s safe passage page, the button was greyed out before, now it has turned blue. We are 3 days away from sailing, will upload results on Saturday.

Edit: 3 days, not 4 days
We are the same. I'm going to do a PCR test for my 2 year old tomorrow and hope that it covers it and we don't have to test at the port.

My Alaska sailing is coming up in 23 (I think) days, and I thought I would share my experience this week in case it helps anyone.

- My daughter is four, and at the time of sailing, she will have had 2 of the 3 shots in her vaccine regimen (Pfizer).
- According to Inspire, she will be considered "not fully vaccinated" since she will not have had the third shot.
- Yes, that third shot is called the "booster" in some places where available, but it's technically not. It's required to be fully vaxxed.
- As such she WILL be required to do a PCR test prior to sailing. I believe it's done 72 hours out, then she will be retested at the Port at Disney's expense.

I did ask "well the vaccine wasn't FDA approved until June 18. We couldn't even start her on it until several days later. What if we convince a doctor to let her get the last sot 2 days early?"

Inspire said that wouldn't matter, because DCL really wants "fully vaccinated" to have been done 2 weeks or more prior to sailing.

So it is what it is, but I wanted to pass this along just in case anyone finds themselves in the same scenario.

As for my wife and I, we both very recently had COVID and I just picked up my 90 day letter this morning along with my printed test result. For Inspire's purposes, I've seen a lot of scuttlebutt on Facebook about letters being rejected. Inspire said as long as it contains three critical statements, it'll be fine. 1. (You) has recovered from COVID. 2. You are no longer showing symptoms. 3. You are cleared to travel.

I hope this is useful for someone, as I totally expect all of this is posted and scattered elsewhere in this thread.

Yes, the Pfizer vaccine for the little ones is considered a 3-dose series with all 3 shots necessary to complete the series. The 3rd shot for ages 12+ is a booster, maybe 5-11 as well? But the little ones need 3 shots of Pfizer. And “fully vaccinated” is 2 weeks (14 days) after the last shot.

The Moderna vaccine for that age group is only a 2-dose series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!