Chicago

Thanks to both of you for the suggestion. I'll definitely check those out when we visit a city & have enough time to map out the locations of the lots.
The great thing aboot the apps is that you can input the actual address where you want to be, then the map shows the locations (and prices) of the various parking options.

River tours typically don’t go through the locks. While it’s cool to go through the locks, all the action on an architectural tour is on the river. Sure, it’s cool to see the skyline from the lake, but that eats up a lot of time and isn’t nearly as comprehensive about architectural wonders.
1998 was the last time I did a river tour so I guess things change :). I will be up in Chicago in December for a big sales conference and they usually have things for us to do but I am guessing a river cruise won't be one of the choices then. :P

We'll, it appears we're going back to Chicago already. :D DS is meeting us for Labor Day weekend. We let him choose our destination & that's what he chose.

@Dan Murphy, I'm looking for a hotel for next weekend. Is North preferable to Central? I noticed you mentioned that you had given me suggestions for the north area & was wondering.

@Dan Murphy, I'm looking for a hotel for next weekend. Is North preferable to Central? I noticed you mentioned that you had given me suggestions for the north area & was wondering.
I would think so, simply that the north is more touristy. Central works also, not much south. And north, for me, would be north of Randolph maybe, south of Walton. Central would be south of Randolph and north of Jackson. All would be east of State.

Others may have additional thoughts.

I would think so, simply that the north is more touristy. Central works also, not much south. And north, for me, would be north of Randolph maybe, south of Walton. Central would be south of Randolph and north of Jackson. All would be east of State.

Others may have additional thoughts.
Thanks. Central Loop worked for us, because we're more laidback. DS would probably prefer a more vibrant atmosphere.

Chicagoans, our trip is soon approaching. We don't have an opportunity to travel with our adult DS often, so we want to make this trip as much fun as possible. Do you have any suggestions for a 30 year old with his parents this weekend. FYI, he doesn't drink. We also abstain, when we're with him.

FWIW, I've booked Chicago's First Lady architectural cruise this time. He requested the Art Institute & Pullman Historic District. We're also planning to go to the Planetarium.

Other possibilities I have are Chinatown, Time Out Chicago @ Fulton Market & Sundays on State. There are also the Navy Pier Fireworks & the Jazz Festival @ Millennium Park this weekend that I'll mention to him. I'm sure DH & I would enjoy the Chicago Crime & Mob Tour, but I'm not sure DS would. If we were there for a football or basketball game, I'm sure he'd love that. I don't think he'd want to use our limited time to see a baseball game though. We especially need nighttime entertainment that doesn't include alcohol.

All suggestions will be very much appreciated. We really want to make this trip as special as possible.

I was going to suggest the Jazz Fest but see you’re already considering it!

It could be a total flop, but the Chicago Bulls are putting on something called Bulls Fest. No idea what it’s about.

There are lots of comedy clubs, but keep in mind that many have some kind of minimum purchase agreement.

There is also a venue that puts on magic shows. I’m not sure if it has reopened but it is very entertaining.

I was going to suggest the Jazz Fest but see you’re already considering it!

It could be a total flop, but the Chicago Bulls are putting on something called Bulls Fest. No idea what it’s about.

There are lots of comedy clubs, but keep in mind that many have some kind of minimum purchase agreement.

DS is a musician, so I think he would enjoy Jazz Fest. He's really into the NBA. Bulls Fest is a good suggestion that I'll have to research. We all love live comedy, but the drink minimum may be a problem. I'll have to ask DS what he thinks about it.
Chicago Magic Lounge, in Andersonville (north side). Lots of fun!

There is also a venue that puts on magic shows. I’m not sure if it has reopened but it is very entertaining.
Thanks to both of you. I'll look into it.

OMG, now all I can think about is a deep dish pizza!
I haven't been downtown since precovid! I miss it and I miss the PIZZA!

Personally, I love going up Sears Tower ( Willis tower-whatever). On a clear day it is stunning!!!

OMG, now all I can think about is a deep dish pizza!
I haven't been downtown since precovid! I miss it and I miss the PIZZA!

Personally, I love going up Sears Tower ( Willis tower-whatever). On a clear day it is stunning!!!
We'll be having another deep dish pizza this weekend. :teeth:

I'm acrophobic, but I told DH & DS they should do that.

Last minute attempt for restaurant ideas.

We've decided on Portillos for a Chicago dog this time, because it's close to our hotel. Al's #1 seems to be the place for Italian Beef sandwiches. DS is choosing the pizza place.

We have reservations at MJs restaurant for a full meal this time. DS was raised to be an MJ fanatic, so we have to take him there.

His friend recommended Quesadilla La Reina del Sur that we have to try to fit in somewhere.

I'd like to find one more uniquely Chicago restaurant that locals prefer & that is close to either the Navy Pier fireworks or Hilton Magnificent Mile Suites. Suggestions?

Chicagoans, our trip is soon approaching. We don't have an opportunity to travel with our adult DS often, so we want to make this trip as much fun as possible. Do you have any suggestions for a 30 year old with his parents this weekend. FYI, he doesn't drink. We also abstain, when we're with him.

FWIW, I've booked Chicago's First Lady architectural cruise this time. He requested the Art Institute & Pullman Historic District. We're also planning to go to the Planetarium.

Other possibilities I have are Chinatown, Time Out Chicago @ Fulton Market & Sundays on State. There are also the Navy Pier Fireworks & the Jazz Festival @ Millennium Park this weekend that I'll mention to him. I'm sure DH & I would enjoy the Chicago Crime & Mob Tour, but I'm not sure DS would. If we were there for a football or basketball game, I'm sure he'd love that. I don't think he'd want to use our limited time to see a baseball game though. We especially need nighttime entertainment that doesn't include alcohol.

All suggestions will be very much appreciated. We really want to make this trip as special as possible.
How many days will you be in town? You have a lot of great possibilities there. And others given.

How many days will you be in town? You have a lot of great possibilities there. And others given.
We'll only have 2 1/2 days, due to DS's flights. Obviously, we're trying to pack in as much as possible & only have Saturday night open for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter