Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Pretty sure Harper wouldn't have robbed Bauer hit Spidey style like Jhey did. Not even close. First example off the top of my head. Ditto to Doc's Forrest Gump quote.

JHey is one of the best defensive players in the game. However, Harper's bat more than makes up for it. JHey has been a bad hitter during his time with the Cubs.

No player is worth what BH and MM want. If they were? You'd know where they are reporting

BH isn't going to get what he wants. He's going to have to come down and by that point, he will be worth it. He's a great young player.

Wave of annual optimism that it’ll be a good year. Strength of division also means the teams will beat up on each other, so we just need to hold our own.

Healthy pitching. Tack down bullpen. Hitters just be themselves. Experience is finally on our side. Survive September schedule with few off days again.

I’m reserving WS week off.

There is no doubt that he is immature and has a lot of growing up to do. Where better than under the leadership of Bryant, Rizzo, Zobrist & Maddon? Think about Baez and how "Javy being Javy" could have become arrogant or pompous if he came up through a different organization or played for a different team. I think that there is a mutual need and gain from Harper being a Cub.
I agree with the optimism and point of helping each other but odds are it would be lopsided of resources being exhausted into Harper far outweighing his contribution. Honestly, why swim upstream? I don't think the WS window needs to be spent babysitting BH. I also don't think KB needs any distractions this season either, being expected to know how to handle his buddy. I get the impression this season is one of no excuses, and BH strikes me as someone who has excuse for everything.

Wave of annual optimism that it’ll be a good year. Strength of division also means the teams will beat up on each other, so we just need to hold our own.

Healthy pitching. Tack down bullpen. Hitters just be themselves. Experience is finally on our side. Survive September schedule with few off days again.

I’m reserving WS week off.
[QUOTE="Sepo, post: 60256683, member: 515080

Healthy pitching....let's hope Brach doesn't yield any surprises.
Morrow is still a ? on returning form

I already miss Chavez

That said,

LET'S GO!WE NEVER QUIT!

Last edited:
So does this mean it's the only way to watch the Cubs on television and you have to be in the area? Hope not because that will suck majorly. We watch now on DirecTV Extra Innings. Or Fox if they have a game on.
no specific answers yet, they will have this season to determine all that. Just expect to pay for the service, and for some games to still be blacked out, and some still on ESPN/national broadcast.

I like the skipper's 'natural' look again.
Happy Birthday to our Skipper!
giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter