Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Most people I talk with don't really care about the Brewers even if they do go all the way..view it as Cubs lost, Brewers didn't win kind thing. Maybe that's what's irking them? They want a rivalry of Cub/Card proportion? Got quite a few more years of play off level baseball to play to get to that level, IMHO.
If the Cubs don't make it to the NLCS, I would be very happy for the Brewers to be there. Living in Wisconsin, I obviously have a lot of friends who are Brewers fans. I sometime get good-natured flack from strangers when I wear my Cubs stuff around town. It's all pretty friendly.

If the Cubs don't make it to the NLCS, I would be very happy for the Brewers to be there. Living in Wisconsin, I obviously have a lot of friends who are Brewers fans. I sometime get good-natured flack from strangers when I wear my Cubs stuff around town. It's all pretty friendly.
See, I am all for any fan who is sincere about their team, but one's who are more Cub Hater's than _(whatever team)_______ supporter's are toxic to their fan base. The Dad I spoke of, that's his point,,his own fan base is annoying the crud out of him obsessing about the Cubs, matter of fact he joked about bad juju coming from it and guess what? Today Lorenzo Cain was put on the DL. Coincidence? Probably, but I sure wouldn't ignore that timing, lol.

See, I am all for any fan who is sincere about their team, but one's who are more Cub Hater's than _(whatever team)_______ supporter's are toxic to their fan base. The Dad I spoke of, that's his point,,his own fan base is annoying the crud out of him obsessing about the Cubs, matter of fact he joked about bad juju coming from it and guess what? Today Lorenzo Cain was put on the DL. Coincidence? Probably, but I sure wouldn't ignore that timing, lol.
I think it's natural to be a "hater" when you feel there is some rivalry. How many time have we celebrated losses of other teams here? The smack-downs of the Cards? The White Sox losing? The Cubs have a target on their backs and the Brewers fans are celebrating the wins of their team and our losses. I really don't see a difference between them and us.

I do think that nasty memes can be toxic. I belong to one FB group that allows a lot of negative talk and some nasty memes and another that does not. I hang out in the more positive group. Maybe your son's GF's father needs to find a positive place to talk baseball.

I think it's natural to be a "hater" when you feel there is some rivalry. How many time have we celebrated losses of other teams here? The smack-downs of the Cards? The White Sox losing? The Cubs have a target on their backs and the Brewers fans are celebrating the wins of their team and our losses. I really don't see a difference between them and us.

I do think that nasty memes can be toxic. I belong to one FB group that allows a lot of negative talk and some nasty memes and another that does not. I hang out in the more positive group. Maybe your son's GF's father needs to find a positive place to talk baseball.
he spoke of reddit(very moderated) and the Brewer twitter pages, very general . I am unsure of any FB one's as he did not mention those to us. He lives in IL so relies on social media for a better volume of fans than around him locally, not too many. I see posts against the Cards, absolutely, but generally Cub forums are not having more threads about 1 specific other team than our own. Maybe I am on more positive ones as well and don't even realize it

as figured, KB officially on the DL
Mark Gonzales‏ @MDGonzales
Underwood optioned, Bryant to DL, retro to June 23, Hancock on DL, Bote, Farrell, Maples up

Tonight's
LET'S HIT THE BRAKES ON THIS LOSING STREAK
lineup
images
7ccd8ae5406d462a9910acfd830ce8ef_2770-best-chicago-cubs-images-on-pinterest-chicago-cubs-lets-go-cubs-clipart_598-652.jpeg

Dgpq8YGWkAEIuvO.jpg

the losing streak is OVAH!Javy,,you magical ballplayer!He has now homered in every spot in the batting order and that Grand Slam was literally life brought back into the team! So happy we put up those runs in the 6th so Lester got the W! He pitched ANOTHER gem!
091516_cubs_flag_med_3_fqqoz3ho.gif
DgsUtpBX4AI5dSo.jpg

this picture is perfect~Barne's....
DgrC5vzX4AEYdrW.jpg

Last edited:
the losing streak is OVAH!Javy,,you magical ballplayer!He has now homered in every spot in the batting order and that Grand Slam was literally life brought back into the team! So happy we put up those runs in the 6th so Lester got the W! He pitched ANOTHER gem!
091516_cubs_flag_med_3_fqqoz3ho.gif
I love watching Javy play baseball. He has so much love for the game and just wants to win all the time. I don't see that in all the players.

condensed game for anyone to enjoy.

With that , Lester reaches 10 wins at the fastest point ever in his 13 year career!
Chili held a *hitter's only* meeting before the game..I would like to say it helped, but I gotta go with Javy/Lester as the catalyst with a side of Zo & Addie.
Javy RBI-ez :cheer2:(and as always, that defense!)
DgrNZobWkAY82wq.jpg

Addie had a great game and Lester's pitching was stellar again. Zo..just SO clutch when we need him! Happy to see Willy starting to connect.

Morrow expected to be activated off the DL tonight!

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/06/27/2202677183/1530081897913/asset_1800K.mp4

fantastic double play here. Javy's instinct's are off the chart
https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/06/27/2201277783/1530068371346/asset_2500K.mp4

While I am on board with Duensing struggling, look at this ball 4 call on him last night

Cubs Strike Zone‏ @CubsUmp 10h10 hours ago
Call hurts #EverybodyIn Ball 4 should be strike 1 Bot 8 Duensing vs Turner 12% call same 2.6in from edge
DgrDhO-XUAEDzKk.jpg

the call right before it was borderline as well.

and I have to credit Wilson with a 1-2-3 inning.

Last edited:
lo. IK
So is Happ trying out for Cirque du Soleil with his tumbling act?
R? I said the Dodger's got the run but we got the new GIF, lol

In overall news, it appears the Dodger's intend to acquire Machado. Makes sense after losing Seager to his season ending injury . Next expected move is for the Brewers to go after DeGrom, which also makes sense for them.

I am anxious to see how Maples is..I know his last time up wasn't great and he had a rotten ST, but has settled in quite nicely as of late. His cutter is insane and I really want to see it in action.

Holy Cow! Bosio has been fired by the Tigers.

https://www.cubshq.com/update/Former-Cubs-coach-fired-for-insensitive-comments-25002

bosio2-479.jpg

The Detriot Tigers have fired pitching coach Chris Bosio on Wednesday for 'insensitive comments' that violated team policy.

The team released the following statement:

“Effective immediately, the Detroit Tigers have terminated the contract of pitching coach Chris Bosio for his insensitive comments that violated Club policy and his Uniform Employee Contract. The organization holds all of our personnel to the highest standards of personal conduct both on and off the field. We have zero tolerance for this type of behavior. The Club will have no further comment on this matter.”

I have no clue what he said. I'm trying to find it now. I was just missing him today. Chili Davis has been great as a hitting coach, but Jim Hickey has not been as effective.

Last edited:
Holy Cow! Bosio has been fired by the Tigers.

https://www.cubshq.com/update/Former-Cubs-coach-fired-for-insensitive-comments-25002

bosio2-479.jpg

The Detriot Tigers have fired pitching coach Chris Bosio on Wednesday for 'insensitive comments' that violated team policy.

The team released the following statement:

“Effective immediately, the Detroit Tigers have terminated the contract of pitching coach Chris Bosio for his insensitive comments that violated Club policy and his Uniform Employee Contract. The organization holds all of our personnel to the highest standards of personal conduct both on and off the field. We have zero tolerance for this type of behavior. The Club will have no further comment on this matter.”

I have no clue what he said. I'm trying to find it now. I was just missing him today. Chili Davis has been great as a hitting coach, but Jim Hickey has not been as effective.

from what I understand it was a racial comment about staff or personnel, I don't think it was a player but I heard the story on 670 wih extremely limited info

from what I understand it was a racial comment about staff or personnel, I don't think it was a player but I heard the story on 670 wih extremely limited info
I didn’t think he would make that kind of comment :(. I’m sad because I liked him.

Maybe Hendrick's should hire Bosio as a personal pitching coach. I know Willy was close with him as well. Kyle definitely struggling but Tischner did zero favors in not giving Kyle ANY of those low zone pitches in the first 2 innings forcing him to elevate and BAM...goodbye ballgame.Wood was getting those calls.Joe made a point to go and talk with Kyle right away after he was done, hands on shoulders and everything. Good support. I will have say the Ump was consistent though, consistent in screwing ALL our pitchers out of the zone, lol. Good to see Willy's bat heating up and Maples was savage out there. That was a LOT of pitches for him, tho. Hope for the split tomorrow. Reds won their series against the Braves..could be playing spoiler for any of the NL teams in this tight race.

hoping Kershaw is held to limited pitches on his 2nd return and I think *maybe* Jansen not available?
I hope to listen/follow the game today~
LET'S SPLIT THE SERIES LINEUP
DgyoycLWsAAn_k6.jpg:large

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter