Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Awesome game today! I was watching it on my phone at the Y. Had to keep reminding myself no one else knows what I’m watching so stop pumping my fists in the air! :rotfl:
The fist pump~just part of your work out routine, that's all!

Brewer/Pirate's rained out so 1st place view still looking good!:thumbsup2

Saw that one on the television two days ago. I also like the one with the Bullpen requesting votes for the team members for the All Stars Game. Especially Stropy putting out the yard signs.

Javy said yesterday after the game that he jammed his thumb twice in the game. And his elbow was still sore, but the swelling was going down. El Mago, really. And have you seen his Toyota commercials?

Last edited:

Willy after that great assist to JHey's cannon...just need someone to photo shop those flying drops blood to Cubbie Blue!
DgPDnF8XUAYPCPw.jpg

Apparently being in first is the friggin' kiss of death, lol. Every time we land there we lose the next game. The offense making Steve Harvey look good..and Hendrick's? Could someone please return the REAL Kyle? He just does not have his stuff. These guys get married and tank the next season. Willy too. Rizzo gets hitched this December :scared: JHey and his Fiance' broke up early in ST and now he is on a freakin' tear, so bummed the team wasted his hot bat tonight.(JHey has 2 / 4-hit games this season, the most on the team!) Get the next 3 please!

Last edited:

I'm filing a missing person report for KB.

and Rizzo, Contreras, Hendricks, Quintana, Chatwood,Darvish,Happ, Giminez etc. etc.etc.
Note to Q: The lineup sees you 3x's..not 2. Gotta hang in there, dude.

at least the Javy/Schwarb's bunt/bomb was exciting

Last edited:
and I don't care how *sassy* Wilson may have been feeling..just don't. Don't tell Rizzo to shut up. I imagine it was about Riz wanting to call the trainer out after Wilson caught that pop fly, but still.
f9Qqvhl.gif%5B

Last edited:
and I don't care how *sassy* Wilson may have been feeling..just don't. Don't tell Rizzo to shut up. I imagine it was about Riz wanting to call the trainer out after Wilson caught that pop fly, but still.
f9Qqvhl.gif%5B
I think he needs to go to the farm. Along with Chatwood, Happ and Duensing. But where is Eddie Butler? He's been on the 10 Day DL since mid -April.

I think he needs to go to the farm. Along with Chatwood, Happ and Duensing. But where is Eddie Butler? He's been on the 10 Day DL since mid -April.
You can tell both Joe and Giminez didn't think it was too clever. Rizz doesn't seem too fazed as he is smiling when he comments to the Ump . All I know is Miggy got DFA'd over speaking without thinking (granted, to the media)OTOH~maybe Wilson needs to be this annoying to stay decent? Who knows. Theo is hopefully trade deadline shopping for another Cishek type. A closer who hasn't been used too much that is good with becoming a 7/8. I still like Duensing as he has been good more than bad overall , Chatwood, I guess the positive is that he doesn't give up the HR ball(gotta throw strike to do that, lol) except that one to the Dodger's..and that may have been his first? Happ yeah, at this point if AAJ can keep the show-boating to a minimum out there but he has had some awful ab's lately so still a toss up to me on those 2. Happ being a switch hitter is saving him at the moment but the key word there..hitter:rotfl:Eddie Butler is on the 60 day. I honestly think it is the anger issues with him.
Rickett's busy trying to buy his soccer team these days...such a wonky season and the schedule does not improve.

Last edited:
Well, it's an interesting line up for today. No KB, Tommy at 3rd. Happ at CF. Farrell starting. Zo at 2nd with Russell at SS.

Well, it's an interesting line up for today. No KB, Tommy at 3rd. Happ at CF. Farrell starting. Zo at 2nd with Russell at SS.
and Russell still dealing with an injured finger at that. I posted at the beginning of the season to keep an eye on the Red's..we have struggled with them every series so far, and now that they have Riggleman it's even more true.
I would like to suggest another Willson Contreras bobblehead day, lol...he crushed that game 4/4, been MIA ever since.

f9Qqvhl.gif%5B
I only watched maybe one inning of the game. What happened?

I only watched maybe one inning of the game. What happened?
we were down 5/3 and this play happened
https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/06/23/2183450583/1529717921322/asset_2500K.mp4
Honestly they are joking but somehow Wilson just doesn't pull it off, KWIM? Riz prob said something like "Way to blow the double play":rotfl2:Javy was doing a windmill trying to get Wilson's attention

Here's the condensed game
https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/06/23/2184421283/1529725303939/asset_1800K.mp4

Last edited:
we were down 5/3 and this play happened
https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/06/23/2183450583/1529717921322/asset_2500K.mp4
Honestly they are joking but somehow Wilson just doesn't pull it off, KWIM? Riz prob said something like "Way to blow the double play":rotfl2:Javy was doing a windmill trying to get Wilson's attention
Well, we didn't score any more runs so it really didn't matter. It was a nice grab. Maybe Rizz needs to call him off of it louder if he needs to make the play.

Well, we didn't score any more runs so it really didn't matter. It was a nice grab. Maybe Rizz needs to call him off of it louder if he needs to make the play.
I don't think it was about who's play it was..I honestly think Rizz was joking about missing the double play. I also don't think Wilson wanted the trainer to head out but Riz called them anyway which prob annoyed him. Riz patted Justin on the back after play, and he is blocked but I am sure said nice grab etc., and Rizzo is smiling when he says whatever he said to the Ump(my guess was something along the lines of "guess he's OK, lol")..it is just the *Chuckie* look on Wislon's face as he says shut up that is annoying. KB looks like a kid who has to pee really badly in the clip as well, lol.
maxresdefault.jpg

For a more optimistic evening/afternoon, switch to the Hallmark Channel.

Duensing's true ERA is showing up now. 6.17.

Gimenez has a 27.0 ERA. Not too shabby for a catcher.

Nostalgic game, had me reminiscing the 2012 Cubs, lol.
TLS is terrific off the bench. However, whenever he starts he can't get a hit to save his life. His catcher interference didn't even work today and I think he leads the NL in it, lol.
while it just made it, nice to see Willy hit one out. (well, hear, lol..I was listening to Pat and Ron) Zo adds to his tally with the other. 2 games back and Chatwood tomorrow and a flight to L.A Ahhh, good times, good times indeed.

Last edited:
Nostalgic game, had me reminiscing the 2012 Cubs, lol.

while it just made it, nice to see Willy hit one out. (well, hear, lol..I was listening to Pat and Ron) Zo adds to his tally with the other. 2 games back and Chatwood tomorrow and a flight to L.A Ahhh, good times, good times indeed.
Unless Chatwood's wife goes into labor. Then he's on paternity leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter