Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

ABRACADABRA!!!!!!!!!!

BABY BAEZ IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! A few days early, guess he was ready to see his Daddy play! I hope he made it back from CA in time? He was wearing the soccer shirt for the flight back from LA.....

Dg3yfMLU8AAZQRb.jpg
Dg3yfMKUYAAyNmb.jpg
Dg3yfMJUEAE--XR.jpg

ABRACADABRA!!!!!!!!!!

BABY BAEZ IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! A few days early, guess he was ready to see his Daddy play! I hope he made it back from CA in time? He was wearing the soccer shirt for the flight back from LA.....

Dg3yfMLU8AAZQRb.jpg
Dg3yfMKUYAAyNmb.jpg
Dg3yfMJUEAE--XR.jpg
Cute baby, happy Papi!

Today's
ONLY THING TO KEEP JAVY OUT OF THE LINEUP IS THE ARRIVAL OF HIS SON
LINEUP

images

Berrios is supposed to be pretty dang good,(but can he hit? no DH ;)) but Monty has been as well. Should be a good game!
Dg33DOJWkAAaTpB.jpg

Today's :sunny::sunny::sunny: HOTTER THAN THE WEATHER :sunny::sunny::sunny: lineup
(and NEW DADDY game)

Dg8trTxUwAE8-k9.jpg

Unlike many, I
LIVE for this kind of weather, so I am pretty happy, but I'm not on a ball field in full uni. Stay hydrated boys, and get on the board early!
images
images
upload_2018-6-30_9-52-0.jpeg

Dg8k8ZtW0AAyjkO.jpg

Last edited:
I followed that link and found this from the Atlantic:
https://theathletic.com/413630/2018...cting-a-racial-slur-at-a-clubhouse-attendant/

I would totally believe that he calls Daniel Stumpf "Spider Monkey". They do puff out their cheeks like Stumpf does when he pitches. Stumpf says that he isn't familiar with the nickname and I guess that doesn't surprise me because he might not know what he's called behind his back. I wish that one of the other coaches would corroborate the nick name at least. I sounds like Boz really stuck his foot in his mouth when he included the attendant on the "monkey" comment. Obviously, the attendant thought it was racially motivated so he reported it even after Boz tried to talk him out of it. I wonder if there had been other comments and this was the last straw. In any case, there is no room for racism in baseball. It's a hard lesson for Bosio.

SWeltering day in every sense...hot weather, hot bats, HOT TEAM!!!!!!!!!!

JHey getting us the lead that never looked back, but 20 hits! TOTAL TEAM EFFORT!
chicago-cubs-fly-the-w.jpg

I followed that link and found this from the Atlantic:
https://theathletic.com/413630/2018...cting-a-racial-slur-at-a-clubhouse-attendant/

I would totally believe that he calls Daniel Stumpf "Spider Monkey". They do puff out their cheeks like Stumpf does when he pitches. Stumpf says that he isn't familiar with the nickname and I guess that doesn't surprise me because he might not know what he's called behind his back. I wish that one of the other coaches would corroborate the nick name at least. I sounds like Boz really stuck his foot in his mouth when he included the attendant on the "monkey" comment. Obviously, the attendant thought it was racially motivated so he reported it even after Boz tried to talk him out of it. I wonder if there had been other comments and this was the last straw. In any case, there is no room for racism in baseball. It's a hard lesson for Bosio.

Heard Bos has hired an attorney.....the plot thickens

Not gonna say the s word and jinx anything, but here's is today's survive the heatwave lineup. Forecast calling for some nasty-ish storms but looks to hit later in the day.
Jon usually goes through several jerseys on a normal day, lol.....they may need a dozen or so. Rizzo and JHey usually hit Lynn pretty well, and Happ does have a homer off of him. Lets hope no more heat related issues for either team. the IV station was starting to have a line (lol...no pun intended) yesterday.
I am not above walking Mauer :rolleyes1
d1a89b642628fa9f3cb034dd89d07f0f.jpg
images
images
images

ETA: same batting order but fielding positions changed (for the better, I was like, why is Zo in RF over JHey and Happ at 3rd over Javy, but thought Joe knows, lol)

DhBt__YXkAIL5FV.jpg

Last edited:
This will make Deb&Bills day

Dillon Maples' wizardry is back in Chicago. He's up as Cubs place Brian Duensing on the disabled list with a shoulder issue.

Between an injury and his family loss, this makes sense and I hope the Brian we saw before returns.

Last edited:
I’m at the game. Happ(y) is in Center, JHey in right, Zobie on 2nd and Javy at 3rd. Same batting order.

The wind is crazy!

CqqL2mWUAAAXq_J.jpg

The Cubs this series: - Scored 35 runs, the most by any team in a three-game series this season. - Batted .418 (46-for-110). - Had a .493 OBP.

Just gotta believe, lol. They tried to force Joe's hand by walking Bote ~but Morrow was all good :thumbsup2 1/2 game out, baby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter