Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Looks like they had a GREAT time. Effen Vodka, LOL.
LOL...This apparently was the "pre-game" before hitting the bars and we had a few guests overnight. They did have a great time, as much as my DS can remember , anyway :rolleyes1. He is super fortunate and does not get hungover, like....ever.

And who is this clean shaven player???

CwwmA9FXEAA5Zuj.jpg

I'm betting Arietta, since I seem to recall he did the same at the end of last season.
I was thinking that, too, at first. But he has sideburns and Arietta would be left with only sideburns (no hair, no beard). But I did find this one by Arietta's wife
Arietta.jpg
So it is him. She calls him her offseason boyfriend.

Cubs announce Hickey will meet with them Monday..has to just be the formality. I just don't see them letting Bos go w/out the replacement locked up. I forgot Hickey &Wade Davis also worked together when Joe managed the Rays. I guess the talks must have started back during the AZ series. Also I *think* I posted at that same series & the Brewer one..about how awesome our pitching was w/out Boz. I remember it because it was a huge series against the Brewers and was unsure of Boz being gone. I know I texted Robin about it. Prob just a fluke but maybe not. Then you have stuff like pitchers we had who stunk only to face us and be great. I really, really like Bosio and think the pitchers do/did too. Sh#! Just got real @Wrigley. The "it's o.k. no one expects us to win" days are gone lol. If a player isn't getting it done he will be on the pine. Also..don't we still have a PTBNL from the Blue Jays in the Miggy deal?

Last edited:
I was thinking that, too, at first. But he has sideburns and Arietta would be left with only sideburns (no hair, no beard). But I did find this one by Arietta's wife
View attachment 278659

I think he looks a lot better. I have nothing against a short, neatly-trimmed beard (Bryant and Zobrist, for instance), but I don't see the appeal to the Grizzly Adams look that it seems like it's mandatory for each team to have one of.

I think he looks a lot better. I have nothing against a short, neatly-trimmed beard (Bryant and Zobrist, for instance), but I don't see the appeal to the Grizzly Adams look that it seems like it's mandatory for each team to have one of.

I’m with you. My husband has facial hair but nothing like Arietta. Well, like he used to have.

View attachment 278659
Hopefully that isn't Jake's Dodger look. We all know how well he pitches in CA. He could sure show Turner how to properly care for a beard

From google images: “Jake Arrieta without beard”. He’s like a mastermind chameleon super villain.00AFBC3C-9096-4330-A264-7EA62B219778.jpeg

on the theme of how different Jake looks I thought I'd share one of the wive's.....

Julianna-Zobrist.jpg

Yep, that's Julianna Zobrist pre-platinum bleach.

images

even better, Ben clean shaven
Ben-Zobrist-Wife-Julianna-Zobrist-pic.jpg
2a1616f7bc9c4f9fad7b00240cf7ec70--ben-zobrist-tampa-bay-rays.jpg

I actually had already put it into my DIS signature after you suggested that. In case though, here it is:

It’s a bit of a long video. Basically the story is that my good friend from Arizona insisted, after we were down 1-3 last year, that we grab tix (refundable) to the improbable game 7 that could happen. So, we did. And we went! My awesome wife insisted I go too. While there we bumped into 2 of my other friends (one of whom is the guy who did the “we’re not worthy” bowing (at his brothers insistence) after the Baez homer, which got a lot of TV play). Last month I finally finished the overdue trip video of that experience. It’s almost all from our own pics and videos. I tried to tell the story of what it felt like. Plays better if you turn up the volume. If you have time to waste, please enjoy!
Smiles and tears....same as last year when it happened!
Thanks so much for sharing Sepo and thank you also for being another great fan on this board!

Annnnnnnd now Martinez is in talks with the Nat's for the Manager spot vacated by Dusty :rolleyes1 This is like high school where the same group of friends ends up dating each other lol. Y'all know what an open bench coach position on the Cubs could mean, right?
tenor.gif

I keep envisioning Theo talking w/Hickey.." You'll be bringing Archer and Cobb and you can fix J. Wilson?" Done. You will look good in Cubbie blue.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter