Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

I can't say about anyone else, but just been real busy at work and at home. Coupled with the struggles, just not much to whoop and holler about. Very grateful for the W.

It's nice to finally get a win against the Reds. Cubs remain streaky.

I'm wearing my World Series tee at Summerfest today. All comments have been very positive!

I can't say about anyone else, but just been real busy at work and at home. Coupled with the struggles, just not much to whoop and holler about. Very grateful for the W.

It's nice to finally get a win against the Reds. Cubs remain streaky.

I'm wearing my World Series tee at Summerfest today. All comments have been very positive!

I've been busy too but now have some downtime. Whew. The win is appreciated for certain. Once again hoping they get on a roll!

It never fails that we get compliments when wearing Cubs gear. We Cubs fans are a dedicated lot.

I'm sad the Cubs went from starting the entire infield in last year's All Star game to having no position players on the team. I'm trying to spin it that they will get more rest, but it has to sting especially with Maddon as manager.

On the one hand I'm not sure they deserve it (but that sounds so harsh) and on the other hand maybe they need this time to refocus and rest. Either way it is a bit of a shock.

I'm sad the Cubs went from starting the entire infield in last year's All Star game to having no position players on the team. I'm trying to spin it that they will get more rest, but it has to sting especially with Maddon as manager.

Yeah, that is sad. So many factors go into our ho hum year. Wish we could figure out why we're either scoring boatloads of runs or none. Yesterday was one of the first games I remember in a while where we were in the middle. It seems every time they look like they're going to bust out, someone gets hurt, someone gets (negatively) in the news or we face an exceptional pitcher. I wonder for the all star voting if it was folks saying give someone else a chance, fair weather fans or the lack luster year thus far. I think a combination likely.

One thing we have to remember...we're still able to fly the
W roughly 50% of the time. Compared to many years in the past, that's a blessing!!! Nope, not the same team as last year...not possible no matter which way you slice it. Still a great bunch of guys and we just keep lovin' our Cubbies regardless.

based on twitter comments, a certain off field visit while in D.C. hurt their voting significantly, also people flat out saying players not at a level to deserve it, others saying dumb game, just get the rest. Now if Rossy had put out a PR voting campaign, things might be different :rolleyes1

Also Miggy was traded to the Blue Jays for PTBNL, and cash possibly. Nice :rolleyes: Guy JUST becomes a U.S. Citizen and now plays for Toronto. I just knew he was gong AL. As much as I detest that team, I am a fan of one of their players now.

Last edited:
I know it's not Cubs related, but sad day for me. They closed DisneyQuest. One of the few things I would go to downtown disney for (aside from restaurants) and it's gone for NBA (BLEH!) :sad:

Also Miggy was traded to the Blue Jays for PTBNL, and cash possibly. Nice :rolleyes: Guy JUST becomes a U.S. Citizen and now plays for Toronto. I just knew he was gong AL. As much as I detest that team, I am a fan of one of their players now.
This is good for Miggy! He was picked up by someone who wanted him enough to actually *pay* for him.

I know it's not Cubs related, but sad day for me. They closed DisneyQuest. One of the few things I would go to downtown disney for (aside from restaurants) and it's gone for NBA (BLEH!) :sad:
We had Premium APs twice in the last 10 years and we went to DQ exactly once. We had fun on the Jungle Cruise ride but that's about it. Disney knows it's market and I bet an NBA attraction will be a big draw. I know I'll go exactly zero times.

based on twitter comments, a certain off field visit while in D.C. hurt their voting significantly, also people flat out saying players not at a level to deserve it, others saying dumb game, just get the rest. Now if Rossy had put out a PR voting campaign, things might be different :rolleyes1
Really? That's stupid. If you have an invitation to the White House, you take it! Even if you're not a big fan of the president. Plus, they couldn't help the timing. The White House visit always coincides with the team's next visit to the Washington area.

But remember the team already had their post World Series win visit with the previous administration.

And for those who very much disliked the previous administration, should them visiting have correlated to lesser AS votes? Rhetorical question, not flame war bait.

But remember the team already had their post World Series win visit with the previous administration.
I do remember! President Obama actually pulled some strings to get the team there early. Last week is the time that the team should have gone. Again, IMO it's an honor that should not be turned down.

Well, considering they visited with him sometime last week, and the All Star voting has been going on for two months, and ended right after the visit, I doubt that it made much of a difference. People just voted for other players, especially now that voting is online only these days.

I don't think politics should enter into the AS voting at all.
That was kinda my point, so thank you...at least I'm not alone.

Whether you think the prior administration or the current one is better, it should not impact who you vote for for All Stars. If it does, I think it deserves a quote from Skar in the lion king..."I'm surrounded by idiots". :sad2:

For me, personally...whether I like or despise the current president, I think the chance to get to visit the White House would be fantastic!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter