• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey's??

KathyT

Mouseketeer
I am trying to decide which meal to have at Chef Mickey's, Breakfast or Dinner. Is one less crowded than the other? We are planning on going the end of Aug '04 and would really like to plan a meal here. We are also planning at staying at CR so travel isn't an issue.
Is there a certain time that is better for breakfast? Early or later?
Same with dinner?
Are there any time slots that have less people or is it pretty crowded all the time?
At home when we want to go out for dinner we usually head out about 4:30 to avoid the crowds.

For dinner what about a seating around 5ish? (I think they start at 5 pm for ps's)

We've done both.

It's really a personal preference. The character interaction is the same for both meals.

Both meals are very crowded.

We've never had dinner at Chef Mickey's, but from what I've read here and from the few people I know who've eaten dinner there, it is just so-so...nothing especially good or bad.
For us, breakfast at Chef Mickey's has become a tradition...usually the first morning of our trip. It is a terrific meal that really gets you in the Disney mood.
We try to get an early p.s., like 7:40 or so, which lets us finish with plenty of time to hop on the monorail and get to Magic Kingdom for opening time!
Have fun!! (And it's nice to see I'm not the only maniac who plans their restaurants a year in advance!!!)

I have only done breakfast there and it was crowded...but a lot of fun

What time does the breakfast and the dinner start and end? Maybe if we go right when the meals start or end it may be less crowded.

I prefer dinner at CM. Just a note that if you choose dinner, you do need to call as soon as possible (is it 90days now I think) to get that 5:00 seating (first seating). This is the best time to go. I've done early and late and will always try for early now. I have seen so many post lately about folks waiting and now being able to get in for dinner unless they want to eat after 8:00 PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter