Chef Mickey's Buffet - Breakfast

rthutchens

When you wish upon a star...
How would you rank this buffet? Also, I heard that there was a picture they take of you. What exactly do you get for the $30.00?

In my opinion, Chef Mickeys is for the atmosphere and for the "classic" characters-not so much for the food. We have had dinner and breakfast there and thought breakfast was much better. I think it is a great way to start a day in Disney! Yet, like I said, we don't go for the food. ;)

A copy of the picture is not included in the buffet price. You can purchase the picture separately. They had typical breakfast buffet items. Scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, breakfast breads, fruit, pancakes, bacon, sausage, etc. They also had peanut butter and jelly pizza in the kids area. I"m probably missing something, and I was there 2 weeks ago. I'm sure others can add other items I may have forgotten. The food was fine. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. Our favorite character breakfast in the past was 1900 Park Fare. It was just so-so this time. The menu has been changed somewhat. They no longer serve the cheese blintzes, which I missed terribly.

We had a great time there at breakfast last week. The food was hot, fresh, and good. The characters were great. It was a very fun time. We really enjoyed it and would definitely return again.

It was okay. I like the atmosphere, but the wait was horrendous even with ADR's. Of course I think we were there on the busiest day in history, and somehow our pager never went off and when we went back up to the podium after waiting 45 minutes the CM was kinda rude and said, "we didn't forget about you, we just didn't know you were still here." I told her the pager never went off, she took it from me and said "It was never set." ummm like that was my fault lol. We waited (patiently and without any fuss I might add ;) ) for about another 5-10 minutes before we were seated.

The rest of the visit was good though, we didn't let that ruin our morning, she was clearly stressed out and when we left she kinda gave an apologetic smile and waved.

I agree with others above in that Chef Mickey's is more for the atmosphere and characters than it is the food. The food is good, dont get me wrong, probably better than many buffets I have been to before. Were it not for the characters, however, it would just be another buffet. That being said, I would eat there every day if given the choice and if money was no object:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter