Chef Mickey versus Cape May versus Topolinos?

abr155

Earning My Ears
Plans changed (added two nights at Universal after checkout instead of going home), so want to plan a character brunch for checkout day.

Me, my husband, our 2.5 year old daughter, and 72 year old mother in law.

Which one? Have car, so can drive!

Mother in law is HUGE Mickey fan, so, Cape May kinda stinks bc he’s not there. Little one is HUGE doggo fan (Goofy & Pluto), so, Topolinos kinda stinks bc no Disney pups!

You’d think it would make Chef Mickey a clear winner, but recent reviews haven’t been great. We’d be there before return to buffet. People report little or weak character interaction and it being very loud due to construction and monorail.

Thoughts? Any recent experiences?

Zero contest - Topolino's. The food is fantastic and the character interaction was off the charts. Donald should win an Oscar for the performance he gave at our breakfast two weeks ago. The view from the outdoor terrace is also spectacular. It was the best meal we had on our entire trip.

Thank you for this rave review! Exactly what I’m looking for. Have an alert set bc of course I decided this 2 weeks out 😬

No comparison - Topolino hand's down. But it's one of the hardest spots to grab a reservation for - definitely check a lot the night before. We've eaten there many times and almost always booked the night before.
Have a Mousewatchers alert set but also plan to check obsessively lol

Annoying because I could’ve snagged it when my dining first opened but our plans weren’t finalized yet 😭

Topolinos is the best choice out of all character breakfasts. You can order a second dish they usually don’t include the sides for. It’s not always consistent I’ve gone when the waiter just brought out everything on the menu and encouraged getting more, but I think the second item is more common

Another for Topolinos... we did Chef Mickey and Topolinos last trip and it was night and day! Chef Mickey's felt super rushed, all the food came at once, and the character interaction was super fast. It felt like a whirlwind! Topolinos was sooooo relaxed, amazing food, and the best character interactions. The characters came around multiple times and Donald even played a little joke on my boys... it was the best!

Have a Mousewatchers alert set but also plan to check obsessively lol

Annoying because I could’ve snagged it when my dining first opened but our plans weren’t finalized yet 😭
I had an alert set for our trip about two weeks ago and the day before, my phone started blowing up with availability, so I'm hopeful for you.
Is Topolino's all you care to enjoy?
No, you choose a main entree and then you can choose a second entree which they will bring as a separate, smaller side dish. For example, if you want fruit with your entree, that will be your smaller side dish. The main portions were quite large, however, and very good.

Topolino's is impossible to book. I'm good at this, and I haven't been able to get it in three trips.

Is Topolino's all you care to enjoy?
Our experience has been that you can order a second entree that will come as a side. So, for example, my go-to is the quiche but I also get the sour cream waffle. The waffle comes just by itself on a smaller plate - no bacon, sausage, fruit or whatever else would be on the plate as a main entree. We also get the fruit plate “for the table” and almost always extra roasted potatoes. Favorite meal at Disney!

Topolino's wins here on overall experience and quality, BUT, since you are 2 weeks out I'd actually take whichever you can get. And if you happen to get lucky and get both, then I'd go with Topolino's. ;)

Thanks everyone! Was able to snag a 10:00 am at Cape May but will keep checking for Topolinos 🤞🏻🤞🏻

We just had breakfast at Topolinos this morning and our server told us that starting mid-month they will no longer be giving the extra entree as a free side. He said they were just told yesterday.

I may be in the minority, but this "change" makes sense to me. I know people want some of this and some of that, but I never understand why at this particular restaurant that a second free entree was expected. I know since opening that the bloggers always advertised it and sometimes servers would offer, but always just seemed strange to me. JMHO.

We just had breakfast at Topolinos this morning and our server told us that starting mid-month they will no longer be giving the extra entree as a free side. He said they were just told yesterday.
That stinks, it makes the price a little harder to swallow if you can't get a little something extra compared to ALL the other character meals that are AYCE. I could also this being a guest satisfaction nightmare for all the people booking thinking you get extra or the side to all the sudden be told no. Feel bad for the servers during this transition...

Great. I’m going February 23rd

That stinks, it makes the price a little harder to swallow if you can't get a little something extra compared to ALL the other character meals that are AYCE. I could also this being a guest satisfaction nightmare for all the people booking thinking you get extra or the side to all the sudden be told no. Feel bad for the servers during this transition...

This. I get that the quality of food at Topolino's is a step above the other AYCE character meals, it's why it's probably my favorite meal on property. But it's harder to swallow the price if you just get the one entree and that's it. Last time we went my mom got the waffles as her main and the portion was tiny. If that's all she got, there no way I could justify $45pp. This is my opinion of course, others can disagree, I just don't think I can justify the cost if this change happens. I'll just go somewhere else, no biggie I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!