• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheaper DING just popped up... kinda bummed.

misslissa

DIS Veteran
Hey there,

We booked a little while ago for around $69 pp, per trip, on Southwest. Now, an even cheaper price has come up for our flights... $49.

With taxes and everything, it comes out to about $100 US less.

I called Southwest and asked if I got the cheaper rate and they said that I could but would have to get a credit and I'm not sure if we are going to be flying in the next year with them.

*grumble* Kind of annoying.

rebook at the lower rate and ask for the money back on your CC, I have done that LOTS of times and always got it back as long as I stayed on the same flight it was never a question asked. Try it and see!

I cancelled my original flights. Booked the same ones at a lower rate... and now the Refund office is closed for the day. I'll be calling them back tomorrow to see if I can get the refund to my CC, instead of a credit.

Cross your fingers for me!!! :goodvibes :wizard:

If you booked a non-refundable rate, you will probably not get it back. I called and asked and that's what I was told. Let me know if this is your case and they do give you a refund.
Southwest is the best! :thumbsup2

M.

Did you call the long distance # or the toll free number? I was told that too but only by the toll free #.
I got my money back 3x last year and got my friends money back a few months back as well.
I was told that as long as you stay on the same flight you can get your money back, I would call the long distance number and see what happens

Still crossing my fingers... I did book a previous ding rate, but then another ding rate came up... so, they are considered non-refundable :guilty:

I feel kinda screwed over... you would think they would just have the one ding rate... so I was happy when it finally came along.

They gave me the number to their refunds office 214-792-4223

They said they would be the only people who could possibly help me... :confused3

I have heard that it works to go through booking the DING to the point just where they request payment. Then you all Southwest and cancel your original flight but just take the credit. They give you a code to redeem the credit. Then to continue with booking the DING flight using the code to pay. That leave a much smaller amount on credit. Then call back and request a refund to your credit card.

Have never tried this but there was a thread somewhere on the boards explaining it. I'm still waiting for the dings for November.

In any event $69 pp is still a great price. Our November flights cost $87. I hope that a DING comes out eventually. Still loads cheaper than flying frm Pearson

Well, I just did it! :cool1:

We specifically planned this year that it would be our last trip until Valentine's Day 2008 so I knew we wouldn't be able to use the credit, of course, we would definitely go with Southwest if we did!

Anyway, I talked to the refunds office and the guy said "no"... and said that I didn't read the information when booking the first DING flight. He said something along the lines of "I'm sorry you didn't read all of the information on our website" or something so I asked to speak with his manager.

She was not as nice but did grant me my refund... now waiting to see it turn up on my credit card. It was $124 USD less...

She said something like "consider yourself told now, since you have already been told that it is unrefundable". So, for having to stomach that, I got my refund. :confused3 :wizard:

Congrats!! That never worked for me - but I just used our credit as an excuse to book another trip LOL!

Another thing you can do - if you are willing - is to 'sell' your credit. You aren't allowed to sell anything on the DIS but I was willing to cut a bit of a deal on my credit (ie sell $167 for $160 etc) and managed to give someone who was flying on SWA a bit of a deal. You do need to have some trust though as you need to give the person your password for SWA to access your credit. I established a good relationship with this person and was OK doing that. It was a win=win for both of us.

Anyway - good on you sticking to your guns! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter