Cheap, decent hotels challenge. Help!

MaryFMac

Mouseketeer
We have 7 nights booked at AKL, but we're driving and would like to come down a day early. Last year, we stayed at a clean, no frills hotel on Irlo Bronson for about 45 dollars.

This year, we have a bit more of a budget for this one-night-only hotel, and were wondering what would be the best approach ot getting the best hotel, either on or off property, the cheapest.

Should I call AAA and see what they can offer, or call CRO and ask them to apply our AAA discount? Wait until a week before to see if anything opens last minute?

Any ideas would be great! (This is low-stress operation...just curious to see what we can get)

Hello:

We usually do the same thing...come in a day early. I have used priceline and received some very nice hotels. We have gotten the Hilton at Downtown Disney, as well as a less than year old LaQuinta Inn & Suites at the Maingate.

I believe the Hilton bid was 50.00 and the LaQuinta was 28.00.

The one thing to consider this year would be the amount of travelers. There does not seem to be quite as many discounts, so the bids may be a bit higher. Not sure though.

Priceline is easy to use, and the hotels even honored our requests.

I suggest posting on the Orlando hotels board for more suggestions for the offsite hotels.

We usually plan two days to drive but always make it in one. For the one night usually stay at one of the downtown disney resorts, which we have paid from $40. to $80. (This is always in the summer, end of June or early July)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!