Character Performer Auditions

Well, I got a reply e-mail (looks like I might be the first one too) and I've been put in the character pool :confused: I thought that this probably wouldn't happen because of the fact that I was at the Rochester audition, which was the first one along with Chicago, but it's happened. I also posted this on the Facebook group, but any opinion on what I should do? Like I mentioned above, I measured 5'7".

Any success stories from character poolers turned performer?

Sorry to hear that. :( I'd definitely call and ask them what your chances are of getting pulled, or anything really, to show that you're interested. My friend did that and got pulled from the pool like a week later!

Well, I got a reply e-mail (looks like I might be the first one too) and I've been put in the character pool :confused: I thought that this probably wouldn't happen because of the fact that I was at the Rochester audition, which was the first one along with Chicago, but it's happened. I also posted this on the Facebook group, but any opinion on what I should do? Like I mentioned above, I measured 5'7".

Any success stories from character poolers turned performer?

I know someone who auditioned in Des Moines and she got in the character pool. I still haven't heard back. The character pool isn't a bad thing! What is the name of the Facebook group? I'd like to join.

I did call my recruiter and left a message, so I'm hoping to hear from her soon.

Here's a link to the Facebook group, for Spring 09 peeps.......but I think they're already up for Fall 09 and Spring 10 if those happen to be when you're going (we CP hopefuls are an excited bunch)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10997183035

Wow, they must be more overstaffed then I thought.

They are (well in that area). I think a lot of people are being character-pooled, well atm anyway. I have a friend whose a campus rep, I was talking to her about that. I would email to show your interest though, if you are character pooled. Good luck to you guys!!

i have my audition in about an hour & a half! i'm 5'3 so i don't know what they're looking for in that range, but wish me luck!

good luck!! I had my audition on October 24 and they just got back to me yesterday.... I PASSED!!! They got back to me faster than they said they would but there were only about 40 people in my group.

oh my goodness elphie101 i was in the rochester audition too. what is your name? did we meet? my name is mandee i was in the blue.

Hey! I'm Jenn, I was in a gray shirt with Suffolk on it, I was #10. What height are you PixieDust? (I'm determined to know)

I got my email today. I'm in the character pool.

What I did before my interview was to sort of practice some improv to get ideas about what looked good or funny or just plain odd. Although you can't know what they are going to give you to perform, it would help to practice looking hungry, excited, happy etc and also to think about what different character gestures would be. That's just what I did but I think it helped me be more confident when it was time to perform. Good luck!!

OK i got a quick question..

i originally planned on auditioning for a character, and when i did my over ze phone interview, the lady said she had to aprove me to be able to go? invite me to it or something, which she did, but she also said if i were to not get accepted as a character, it would take an aditional 4 weeks to determine if i got accepted as another role and my chances of getting what i wanted would go way down.. so i got all nervous on the phone and told her ok nevermind, i just want to make my chances of getting in higher..

WELL aparently you dont really need an "invite" to the auditon.. obviously ha but, i already got accepted into the program as something else.

SO HERES MY QQ.
LETS say, i go to the audition, and KNOCK ON WOOD get accepted as a character, would they just cancel me from the other job or would i have to .. call someone..? i dont know. theres probably nothing i would have to do, right?

guess im just a little curious :) help would be superb..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter