Character Performer Auditions

If you're auditioning for a character, do you need to complete your phone interview and mail/fax in your role checklist and app beforehand? Or do they do interviews and accept paper copies there?

I've completed my applications online, and I did my web-based interview for the DL CP (I'm going for both DL and WDW). My audition is Nov 2 in OKC.

If you're auditioning for a character, do you need to complete your phone interview and mail/fax in your role checklist and app beforehand? Or do they do interviews and accept paper copies there?

I've completed my applications online, and I did my web-based interview for the DL CP (I'm going for both DL and WDW). My audition is Nov 2 in OKC.

They don't accept the interview papers there at the audition. It would have to be mailed in before.

Do you mean the application papers?

And that the phone interview must be completed beforehand?

Hi, I was wondering if I could ask a question - I'm not actually applying for the CP, I'm applying for FT but I'm auditioning to be a character/parade performer and I thought this place would be a good place to ask! I have dance background but have never auditioned before, and I was wondering what I should wear - it's not technically a dance audition but I know there will be a dance to learn so what kind of things do people wear? Also, on the auditions website it mentions bringing headshots with you - is that for all auditions? I don't have any right now and I don't want to get them done if they're not really necessary. Any help would be appreciated, I'm more nervous than I thought I would be!!:scared1:

Hi, I was wondering if I could ask a question - I'm not actually applying for the CP, I'm applying for FT but I'm auditioning to be a character/parade performer and I thought this place would be a good place to ask! I have dance background but have never auditioned before, and I was wondering what I should wear - it's not technically a dance audition but I know there will be a dance to learn so what kind of things do people wear? Also, on the auditions website it mentions bringing headshots with you - is that for all auditions? I don't have any right now and I don't want to get them done if they're not really necessary. Any help would be appreciated, I'm more nervous than I thought I would be!!:scared1:

You will need to bring headshots since you're auditioning for FT. Also wear comfortable clothes like sweats, yoga pants, etc. You're also going to have to sing as well (as far as I know but I'm positive about the rest of this information).

Thanks for letting me know about the phone interview!

One last question (for now) - I heard that apparently, at the auditions, I can also go for seasonal work. Ideally, I would love to work seasonally this summer, and then do the CP next spring advantage (2010). Do I need to complete any applications ahead of time for seasonal? I was told by my campus rep that I just need to talk to the people running the audition so that they know I am auditioning for seasonal, DLR CP and WDW CP, so is that all I need to worry about?

You will need to bring headshots since you're auditioning for FT. Also wear comfortable clothes like sweats, yoga pants, etc. You're also going to have to sing as well (as far as I know but I'm positive about the rest of this information).

Seriously??? I had NO idea I had to sing!!! :scared1: That will not be pretty, I can't sing at all! That's a little off putting - on the website it just mentioned the dance portion and the animation exercise. Hmmm, maybe I won't go for this after all. But thanks for the other info, I really appreciate it :thumbsup2

i know its not very likely, but does anyone know how often they pull for face characters at CP auditions?? i know it's not often that CPs get face but i was just wondering if they at least try the wigs and stuff at CP auditions too...

sorry if that was worded badly. i'm running on little sleep

i know its not very likely, but does anyone know how often they pull for face characters at CP auditions?? i know it's not often that CPs get face but i was just wondering if they at least try the wigs and stuff at CP auditions too...

It varies. Some do, and some don't. The last time I auditioned in Boston, they didn't pull for face.

They do take cosmetology to some of the larger audition locations... but even if they don't pull you there, if they see something they like at your audition then you'll get pulled on your day 2 at check-in.

Hey everybody,

I am new to this board, but I have applied for the Disney College Program in Spring of 2009. I am planning on attending the character performer audition in Nashville in November.

Is this audition for fur characters and face characters? I am actually interested in being one of the princes.

Also, do you all have any tips that may help me out? I would love to hear about any experiences that you all have had at the Disney auditions.

Thanks!
jbird003

Jbird003,

I applied for Spring 2009 also and will be going to the Nashville auditions too. Are you nervous about the auditions? I am still slightly nervous but reading the responses on here has definitely helped.

Question, if sign in is at 9:30 am, about when do you think auditions would end? I don't know how many people will be there. It's in Orem Utah, so probably not as much as other places.

Question, if sign in is at 9:30 am, about when do you think auditions would end? I don't know how many people will be there. It's in Orem Utah, so probably not as much as other places.

I would expect to be there at least 2-3 hours. It varies by the amount of people, and if you are called back for anything.

I just auditioned at Rochester this Friday. Sign in was at 10:30, and I was the 10th person, in the third group. I was done around 12:30.

So I had my character audition in Chicago on Friday the 24th. My audition was a blast and I thought I did great but I was a bit confused about what the recruiter told my group after the audition. I was the 11th person out of 85 so my group was the second to go. After the audition the recruiter told us he had good and bad news. He said that we passed the audition but now they have to figure out where to put us. So does that sound like I made it? or does it sound like I've been put in the character pool? :confused3

Also, Chicago, along with NY, is the first audition site of the season, so they couldn't know if Ive been put in the character pool. I was measured at 5.3. So I'm not under 5 or over 6 but I'm not at the average height (like 5'4 - 5'8). I'm just freaking out and don't know what to think. :confused:

ARGH! :scared:

So I had my character audition in Chicago on Friday the 24th. My audition was a blast and I thought I did great but I was a bit confused about what the recruiter told my group after the audition. I was the 11th person out of 85 so my group was the second to go. After the audition the recruiter told us he had good and bad news. He said that we passed the audition but now they have to figure out where to put us. So does that sound like I made it? or does it sound like I've been put in the character pool? :confused3

Also, Chicago, along with NY, is the first audition site of the season, so they couldn't know if Ive been put in the character pool. I was measured at 5.3. So I'm not under 5 or over 6 but I'm not at the average height (like 5'4 - 5'8). I'm just freaking out and don't know what to think. :confused:

ARGH! :scared:

They are actually over staffed in ALL heights!! Even though they say they give special consideration above six and below five, they really are full in those too. Most of the fairies they just hired are your height, which is why yours is extra tight, and they've taken away most of the munk meet and greets which just leaves Pooh in your range. In order to help make up for it they did just add Mittens into your height range - but she requires a slender frame.

What was your exact measurement? If you are a the higher end of 5'3 you'd be closer to King Louie, Smee and Bolt. If you're down into 5'2 then you'd get Little Einsteins, 5'3 is really just Pooh and Munks.

It is possible to be put into the pool that first weekend (that's what happened to my roommate), if you do get the pool then make sure you call to indicate that you're really interested! My roommate did that and was pulled out of the pool within the next couple weeks (before auditions were over).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter