Character lines

laughinplace2

Mouseketeer
If I want to get a pic with Mickey or one of the Fab Four, how long can I expect to wait in line on a pretty busy day? Do they have fastpasses for character meet and greets, like they have for Mickey at WDW?
Thanks!!

We saw goofy with minutes of walking in the gate during MM with no wait. During spring break! Waited about 10 minutes to see Mickey. Saw Minnie at character breakfast and at her house. Again about 10 minute wait.

If I want to get a pic with Mickey or one of the Fab Four, how long can I expect to wait in line on a pretty busy day? Do they have fastpasses for character meet and greets, like they have for Mickey at WDW?
Thanks!!

Last year during spring break we saw Mickey within a minute of walking through the gate. We waited maybe 10 minutes.
We really never waited longer then that to meet any character.

However, if you go to Mickey or Minnie's house in toon town the wait always seems to be longer!

I think it really depends on the time of day. There are also scheduled appearances. It's always been get in line and wait your turn. I'd hate for this to turn into a situation where someone gets to cut ahead of a kid because of a pass. As an adult I can handle it, but kids won't understand.

I do remember being there where a "handler" organized the lines and told people when they'd take no more people because the character had a scheduled appearance elsewhere. My wife asked about Goofy at Main Street, and the guy said that we could go to Toontown where the appearance was scheduled, and that he'd already turned down others who asked. When we got in line for Mickey, we were actually the last family and the guys right behind us waited for about 10 minutes and got nothing - not even a warning that they would be cut off. We walked away a bit after the meet and greet, and Mickey even rubbed my kid's head. I felt a little bad about the guys behind us, but my kid really enjoyed it.

My kid had no problems with Disney characters in costume. Usually my kid freaks out with anyone in costume - like the mascots at sporting events.

Last January we saw Mickey & Goofy hanging out in Town Square (I think near Town Square Photography) as the park was closing. People were trying to get out a fast as they could so we didn't wait long at all. If you don't get to see any character right as the park opens like some suggested I would say try to see if anyone will be there for closing.

hallienicole said:
Last January we saw Mickey & Goofy hanging out in Town Square (I think near Town Square Photography) as the park was closing. People were trying to get out a fast as they could so we didn't wait long at all. If you don't get to see any character right as the park opens like some suggested I would say try to see if anyone will be there for closing.

Good point. We made it late 1night, and my daughter saw Minnie, chip, dale and Pinocchio with very short lines on our way out!

we were in the parks for a week last october and the character lines are a lot shorter than the lines at WDW! the longest line we waited in was in tomorrowland where Mickey and Pluto were doing meet and greets together and even that line was maybe 5 deep. disneyland was great for meeting characters!

we were in the parks for a week last october and the character lines are a lot shorter than the lines at WDW! the longest line we waited in was in tomorrowland where Mickey and Pluto were doing meet and greets together and even that line was maybe 5 deep. disneyland was great for meeting characters!

Yes indeed. As mentioned in some other threads, one reason for this is most of the locals visit several times per year, or at worst, annually. If we don't get to meet a character "this time" our "next time" often isn't too far away! At WDW, your "next time" might not come for years, as trips there tend to be bigger productions.

Character meet and greets are much different at DLR compared to WDW. At WDW there are so many designated spots for guests to meet certain characters, and lines build quickly. At DLR there are some of those (Rapunzel, Merida, Pooh & friends, and Mickey's house off the top of my head), but for the most part you'll just find the characters wandering around with informal lines maybe on Main Street or maybe in the middle of a land. It makes it much harder to plan, but a cooler atmosphere (IMO) because characters are more freely roaming around like the parks are their home. Also with more locals who come to DLR, character meet and greets just aren't as big of a deal than tourists at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!