Character Heights/CP Auditions

are the newer princesses around the same height as the older ones? like Merida and Rapunzel?
In terms of Face Character Height, Merida is 5’4″ – 5’6″ (which is in the height range of Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine, and Other Princesses)

Rapunzel is 5'4" - 5'7" which places around the same height range as well.

Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

(Someone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

So who's auditioning for Fall/Fall Advantage?
My son is going March 23 in Austin. He was
measured down last year at 5'10. His range
seems to be from Tigger to Goofy heights.

So who's auditioning for Fall/Fall Advantage?
My son is going March 23 in Austin. He was
measured down last year at 5'10. His range
seems to be from Tigger to Goofy heights.

Good luck! I would love to hear more about his audition experience after it is over! My son is still in high school, but he will be auditioning in Austin as soon as he is eligible. He is currently 5'7" which would mean Peter Pan or Terrence for face, parade dancer, or fur.

Hello everyone!

I'm new here and I just had a quick question. It may have been answered somewhere in this gigantic thread but I don't have the time to read through all the posts!

I was at the most recent CP audition for the Fall 2013 program in Orlando. I made it to the second round (yay!) but I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not you could be considered for face even if they don't ask you to stay and fit you. I don't even know if they were doing that at the audition but they asked a girl from my group to stay behind after the final audition was done. They did take everyones pictures once we moved on to the smaller group for the second round.

Thanks!

They always look for look-a-likes at the Orlando audition, so you are probably not being considered at this time (though, you could still be considered in the future).

DD was at the Orlando audition also. She said it seemed that the people that made the first cut were the shorter and taller people; it looked as if those between about 5'2" and 5'8" were cut in the first round (which was a real blow... she wanted to do the advanced choreography audition as she really wants to be a mover). She was told they'd be eligible to audition again in 6 months, but if she's already in attractions, what is the point of re-auditioning? If she made it through, would they move her from attractions to entertainment? Also, she's heard they hire additional dancers for the holiday shows. Is this true? Will they accept someone for this who is already in a role in the CP?

If she made it through, would they move her from attractions to entertainment? Also, she's heard they hire additional dancers for the holiday shows. Is this true? Will they accept someone for this who is already in a role in the CP?

As a CP, she cannot reaudition during her program. If they need additional CP Performers they will hold a specific CP audition, but she's not eligible to attend the standard Orlando auditions while on her program.

Yes, they hire professional pointe and ballet dancers specifically for the holiday show. No, as a CP, she would not be eligible to audition.

Being a CP locks her into a contract with the role she agreed to; during her program she cannot transfer roles.

As a CP, she cannot reaudition during her program. If they need additional CP Performers they will hold a specific CP audition, but she's not eligible to attend the standard Orlando auditions while on her program.

Yes, they hire professional pointe and ballet dancers specifically for the holiday show. No, as a CP, she would not be eligible to audition.

Being a CP locks her into a contract with the role she agreed to; during her program she cannot transfer roles.

Thanks for the straight scoop! All the info from Disney seems so contradictory. Text for the CP audition in Orlando said they were hiring street dancers... and the person running the CP audition in Orlando told them they were eligible to re-audition in 6 months. Even in her phone interview, DD was specific about wanting to be a mover and the interviewer encouraged her to come audition! I believe you, seriously, when you say that CPs aren't hired as dancers and can't re-audition after starting the program; it makes sense. I just wish the info posted online at disneyauditions and stated at the audition had been as clear. Clearly we have been operating under some major misunderstanding/miscommunication!

(and I'll stop asking now... I'm over on another thread with similar questions... because I've finally gotten a clear answer- thanks so much for clearing up the confusion!)

They probably mentioned the 6 months time frame because not all the attendees were CP's.
At the end of her program they'll host an audition for CP's looking to extend their program, if she extends she's eligible to switch roles.

Text for the CP audition in Orlando said they were hiring street dancers... and the person running the CP audition in Orlando told them they were eligible to re-audition in 6 months.

The big thing here - Orlando audition. Auditioning in Orlando is an entirely different process than any of the other audition locations. Orlando is treated and set up for the people auditioning for regular employment. While CP hopefuls are welcome to attend, the whole structure of the audition is different.

The auditions in the other cities are more focused on CPs, and they describe the process specifically for CPs and explain that you can't reaudition, that they're not looking for movers, etc. When auditioning off site, the Casting Director has everyone sit down and talks through the whole process ahead of time. In Orlando, they have such a huge number to get through that I don't remember anyone really explaining anything, it felt more like cattle herding. If she decides to pass this program and try again, I'd recommend going to a non-Orlando audition for the next round.

The big thing here - Orlando audition.

In Orlando, they have such a huge number to get through that I don't remember anyone really explaining anything, it felt more like cattle herding.

Agree! When my younger daughter auditioned in Orlando there was over 300 people that day and she was there from 8 a.m. until well past 5 p.m.! She said it was crazy.

When my older daughter attended the Detroit audition on Sunday, there was maybe 150 people there(if that) and after first cut there was about 50 left. She made it all the way to the end and now she will wait to hear. She said they explained the process in detail before they started and while there were a good number of people auditioning for full time, the majority were CP people and it was definitely geared for the college program.

The big thing here - Orlando audition. Auditioning in Orlando is an entirely different process than any of the other audition locations. Orlando is treated and set up for the people auditioning for regular employment. While CP hopefuls are welcome to attend, the whole structure of the audition is different.

Another frustration! Why did they list it as a CP audition if it is geared towards those auditioning for regular employment? I had actually wondered if she would have a better chance at one of the other sites, but this date fit best with DD's schedule; her Sundays are taken up with a rehearsal schedule (contracted, can't miss them) and she was on semester break last week, so she didn't miss any classes.

Darn! It seemed so perfect!

Just to chime in, I was at the Orlando CP audition on 3/14 and some of the information that has been said is incorrect. The audition on 3/14 was strictly for College Program participants. There were about a handful of people who were auditioning who were outside the CP, but they were recruited to that audition. Basically, there were no walk-ins for part-time/seasonal roles. And the director made that clear. Secondly, the director also made it clear that CP's could potentially be parade movers, as I made it to the last round where they told us they were evaluating our dance technique and we performed only the dance portion again while being video-recorded. So while I'm sure it's rare to get parade mover as a CP, I don't think it is impossible.

Just to chime in, I was at the Orlando CP audition on 3/14 and some of the information that has been said is incorrect. The audition on 3/14 was strictly for College Program participants. There were about a handful of people who were auditioning who were outside the CP, but they were recruited to that audition. Basically, there were no walk-ins for part-time/seasonal roles. And the director made that clear. Secondly, the director also made it clear that CP's could potentially be parade movers, as I made it to the last round where they told us they were evaluating our dance technique and we performed only the dance portion again while being video-recorded. So while I'm sure it's rare to get parade mover as a CP, I don't think it is impossible.

Congrats on making it through the audition! #82 wishes she'd made it through to the dance portion, too! Did they say when you'd hear anything?

Congrats on making it through the audition! #82 wishes she'd made it through to the dance portion, too! Did they say when you'd hear anything?

Well since Orlando was first on the audition tour, they told us they had to wait until the last audition city was finished (which is why they video recorded us) before they came back to Orlando and sat down to review all of the people who auditioned. I don't know exactly if they are offering roles as Character Performer - Parade Performer or if it's a qualification thing they were evaluating and something changes once you get down there, but they said somewhere between two to three weeks or anywhere up to April 19th. And thank you! I actually think I met your daughter at auditions believe it or not!

And thank you! I actually think I met your daughter at auditions believe it or not!

She's Sarah from Maine who starts in attractions with a check-in date of 8/12. I know she was disappointed not to make it further through the auditions but knows that she cannot do anything about her height. She said she met a lot of great people at the audition and is excited to be doing the CP! Any idea of what character you might be in consideration for?

And thanks for chiming in to clarify about the Orlando audition. Having read that the Orlando auditions were general cattle calls, I had been feeling guilty for taking her to Disney to audition, having given in to choosing a justified trip to the World instead of auditioning someplace else where DD might have had a better chance. It was good to hear that this WAS strictly a CP audition; I don't feel as bad!

She's Sarah from Maine who starts in attractions with a check-in date of 8/12. I know she was disappointed not to make it further through the auditions but knows that she cannot do anything about her height. She said she met a lot of great people at the audition and is excited to be doing the CP! Any idea of what character you might be in consideration for?

And thanks for chiming in to clarify about the Orlando audition. Having read that the Orlando auditions were general cattle calls, I had been feeling guilty for taking her to Disney to audition, having given in to choosing a justified trip to the World instead of auditioning someplace else where DD might have had a better chance. It was good to hear that this WAS strictly a CP audition; I don't feel as bad!

Yes, I was in line behind her! I really am not sure what Disney's thought process is when they chose people to move forward. I would say there generally wasn't *very* many tall people during the second round. As far as characters, I have no idea. I would assume something in my height range, as I was measured at 61.5 inches (which is just about exact to my height). It definitely was strictly for the College Program, so I would not feel bad about taking her down at all. Good luck to Sarah during her adventure at attractions! The director said just because we made it to the last round, doesn't necessarily mean we will be chosen. So I might just get cut too! And I'm still pending for the college program, so I don't have a back up. It is almost impossible to try to understand the minds of Disney, the director said that too!

My sorority little sister's little sister went to an audition. A few weeks ago she received a reminder email from recruiting about it. Here is the text:

Auditions for 2013 Fall and Fall Advantage Disney College Program Character Performers at the Walt Disney World Resort are about to begin!

Please be sure to return to our website and review the date, time, and location of the audition city you indicated during your interview.

If you are no longer able to attend an audition, that is OK. It is not necessary to inform us that you will not be attending the audition. If you have not yet received a final status update, you will still be considered for the other positions in which you expressed interest.

At the audition, Disney Parks Talent Casting will be looking for energetic performers interested in the Disney College Program in Florida.

Atlanta, GA
Austin, TX
Charlotte, NC
Chicago, IL
Columbus, OH
Denver, CO
Detroit, MI
Nashville, TN
Orlando, FL
Philadelphia, PA
Rochester, NY
Salt Lake City, UT
San Francisco, CA
St. Louis, MO

For a complete listing of date, times, and locations, please visit disneycollegeprogram.com/entertainment

Selected performers will bring to life the world famous Disney Characters. Character performers play before thousands of guests each day in "meet and greets", across the Walt Disney World Resort. Some performers may step out and bring to life our parades and shows as street dancers, and Disney Character Look-alikes.

Additionally, we are seeking female Disney Princess Look-alikes. Performers develop improvisational skills, poise and grace while working for one for the world's leading entertainment companies.​

The bold in the last 2 paragraphs was how the message was formatted.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Recruiting isn't going to randomly make stuff up and are going to emphasize whatever it is that the Entertainment folk want them to emphasize.

I don't think that there would have been a mention of "street dancers" in the message if they weren't wanting people with that ability to go.

Also if you look at their blog article that was posted when the auditions started (not the one with the schedule, the other one), there are a TON of face characters in the top picture (the fairies, Tianna, Rapunzel and Flynn) and also in the top right a pic from Disney Channel Rocks (street dancers).

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=6668

IMHO- they stressed this on purpose.

So while I'm sure it's rare to get parade mover as a CP, I don't think it is impossible.

This! :thumbsup2

As I said before, CPs can be selected as movers, but it is rare and many are for holiday parades or are on a second (or more) program.

...and also in the top right a pic from Disney Channel Rocks (street dancers).

They are not hiring for this show... check out the rumors/news threads on why not.

Specifically this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3080902

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter