• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing from AKL to Poly mid-trip......

Sharper

Mouseketeer
While I have changed resorts in the past, it has been years. We will move from AKL to the Poly. Has anyone done this particular move lately? Did you just have bell services come get luggage that morning and then check in with new resort sometime later that day? How long did the transfer take? Anyone take a cab and go ahead and check yourself in instead of having resorts transfer?

We did this in July and we just had the bell services get our stuff and put it in our car. They were very nice and gave us a gift basket with water and some goodies. Even the basket was something you would keep. We did a late check out (1:00) and went right over to the Polynesian and checked in. Our room was ready and we got right in. If it had not been ready they would put our stuff in storage and we could go off to the parks. Our bags would have been placed in the room when it was ready and we could do all the check in stuff later.

We typically switch resorts midtrip unless its just a weekend trip. We call bell services - they move our luggage to our new resort (we don't drive when we're there) and then go to a park or whatever - when we're done for the day we check in our new resort and bell services brings our luggage to our new room. We usually pack fairly light and have never had a problem with moving to another resort midtrip.

Melissa

Sharper,

I have no idea. He said it was bottled water and goodies for the road. The basket was a metal and bamboo basket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter