Changes coming to Pirates on April 23

What a crock of you know what. I say, let it stay as the auctioning off a bride. Put the funds into maintaining the ride. Keep it looking great and working great too. If anyone going on this ride can't explain to their child/ren that this did happen in history and we do not do it now, and it is unacceptable, then, they shouldn't have child/ren in the first place. And Disney, if you are reading this, and you think you must change this, why haven't you made the parks smoke free? That is more harmful to children and adults than seeing a bride for sale on a ride. Ban smoking in the parks immediately please.

What a crock of you know what. I say, let it stay as the auctioning off a bride. Put the funds into maintaining the ride. Keep it looking great and working great too. If anyone going on this ride can't explain to their child/ren that this did happen in history and we do not do it now, and it is unacceptable, then, they shouldn't have child/ren in the first place. And Disney, if you are reading this, and you think you must change this, why haven't you made the parks smoke free? That is more harmful to children and adults than seeing a bride for sale on a ride. Ban smoking in the parks immediately please.
LOL, be careful! Maybe you missed the long discussion we had here about this 6 months ago!

The discussion here on the DLR forum stayed relatively civil. They had to close the thread on the WDW forum!

:wizard:

l also think this is a silly idea, and a dangerous one because I see a slippery slope ahead where people will demand changes to many other attractions. RSR and Autopia glorify speeding, the shooting gallery glorifies guns, Alice in Wonderland makes drug use look good, Winnie the Pooh wears no pants. And maybe Great Moments should be removed completely since President Lincoln was such a horrible person. Where does it stop? I see more and more alcohol being served at DLR and that bothers me a lot more.

I am a mother of a 15 year old daughter who just rode Pirates our last visit and when I explained to her the plans on amending the ride her response was "so that's going to go back and change history is it, that'll make it all better?" We don't learn from history if we cover it up all pretty and pretend it never happened.

I mean has anyone watched some of these movies? You'd never get away with telling those stories today - but they were not written today - society changes but the past doesn't. I mean Peter Pan and Pinocchio - it's crazy watching them through today's lens, but they are what they are!

In order to keep this civil, if not pulled already....is that this concept started in Paris and eventually became a pro-active movement. Give Disney credit for being pro-active

I'm going to go ahead and move this to our DL Community Board.

The thread will stay open as long as everyone remains courteous.

LOL, be careful! Maybe you missed the long discussion we had here about this 6 months ago!

The discussion here on the DLR forum stayed relatively civil. They had to close the thread on the WDW forum!
mo
:wizard:

I tried to word it the best I could. It is a shame it is being changed and truly, smoking ANYTHING is harmful to both smokers AND the people around NOT SMOKING but still have the smoke cloud billowing around. (Second hand smoke gave me cancer over 25 years ago). You can't contain the smoke in a designated area, it still goes out of the designated area especially when the smoker is at the edge of the designated area.

l also think this is a silly idea, and a dangerous one because I see a slippery slope ahead where people will demand changes to many other attractions. RSR and Autopia glorify speeding, the shooting gallery glorifies guns, Alice in Wonderland makes drug use look good, Winnie the Pooh wears no pants. And maybe Great Moments should be removed completely since President Lincoln was such a horrible person. Where does it stop? I see more and more alcohol being served at DLR and that bothers me a lot more.
Hey!!! Stop giving them ideas!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter