Cellular @ Sea

DisneeRunner

Earning My Ears
We're sailing on the Wonder in March and it is looking like I will have a Zoom call on an at sea day. I am going to try my best to get out of it (I am well aware that this is the best option) but in the event that I can't, I'm thinking the cheapest 'workaround' might be to get a plan with voice calls and call in rather than connecting through the Zoom app. Just wondering if anyone has done the 'math' and found the cheapest option for something like this. We're on the Wonder and it doesn't look promising that they will have updated their WiFi by then, or we'd just opt for that!

Cell service at sea is not going to support Zoom and may not have much in the way of service. Depending on where you are, too far from a tower to be useful.

Cellular at Sea will charge per minute for phone calls, so depending on how long you expect your call to be, you might actually be better off with the ship’s Internet package and Zoom. I can’t speak to the quality, as I haven’t used the ship package in several years. You can also see if your cellphone company offers packages (which may also be per minute).

You will be better off using the ship’s wifi and making a wifi call (eg via whatsapp or similar app) to dial in on the phone line rather than cellular at sea.

My plan wasn’t to log into zoom - it was to call in. any ideas how many mb a phone call would use per minute/hour?

You will be better off using the ship’s wifi and making a wifi call (eg via whatsapp or similar app) to dial in on the phone line rather than cellular at sea.
I wouldn’t even trust that on the Wonder. The WiFi could barely load Google in December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter