CDG TO DLP

MermaidLagoonResident

Mouseketeer
Hello, I am looking at the using the TGV train from CDG to DLP. The site is recommending pre purchasing the tickets. How much time would you recommend to leave between landing and catching a train? My flight is supposed to land just before 1pm and the train options close to that are either 2:57 or 3:18.

Are you coming from an international or a European flight and do you have checked luggage?

I think both times should be possible, but to be sure, it's only 20 minutes difference, go for the 3:18.

Are you coming from an international or a European flight and do you have checked luggage?

I think both times should be possible, but to be sure, it's only 20 minutes difference, go for the 3:18.

I am flying in international, from Canada and yes I'll have a checked bag.

I was hoping to take the earlier one because I am so excited to get to the parks, but your probably right about it making more sense to do the 3:18

You do not have to pre-book. My husband took the TGV back to DLP after dropping our rental car off at CDG, and just grabbed tickets for the next train then. It was fast and easy, and he didn't have to worry about which train to pick. If your flight is really, really late, twenty minutes isn't going to make a difference.

Depending on what airline you have chosen -ie which terminal you will arrive-, the time to go through customs and the possibility for the plane to get delayed, I would go for the latest one too, you never know what may happen.

Especially if you pre book some sort of discounted TGV tickets than can't be exchanged after the train departure date/time. The fare for such a small journey is quite expensive IMHO.

You do not have to pre-book. My husband took the TGV back to DLP after dropping our rental car off at CDG, and just grabbed tickets for the next train then. It was fast and easy, and he didn't have to worry about which train to pick. If your flight is really, really late, twenty minutes isn't going to make a difference.

Perfect! This makes me feel much better about the whole thing. As much as its nice to have things prepaid and planned, a delayed flight was something I was concerned about. Thanks for the info!

We were there in July, flying in from Toronto. An hour is lots of time for sure. The train is right in the terminal and easy to find. Have fun!

I am flying from Toronto as well, with a quick stop in Iceland! Thats great to hear, the earlier I get to the parks, the earlier I can get into all the adventure and fun!

Local speaking. You do not have to pre-book, although this would most likely give you better rates. I usually pre-book tickets *to* the airport, where I am confident I will not miss the train, and if I happen to pre-book tickets from the airport, I usually give myself plenty of time at the airport in time there is a delay. (DW and I travel in business class, and we have access to an arrival lounge.)

Not sure when you are landing at CDG or how many you are in your party, the TGV is nice because it's fast and doesn't get stuck in traffic, but are not always cheaper than taxis. We used taxis a lot on our previous trips to WDW/DLR to get from the airport to home.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Local speaking. You do not have to pre-book, although this would most likely give you better rates. I usually pre-book tickets *to* the airport, where I am confident I will not miss the train, and if I happen to pre-book tickets from the airport, I usually give myself plenty of time at the airport in time there is a delay. (DW and I travel in business class, and we have access to an arrival lounge.)

Not sure when you are landing at CDG or how many you are in your party, the TGV is nice because it's fast and doesn't get stuck in traffic, but are not always cheaper than taxis. We used taxis a lot on our previous trips to WDW/DLR to get from the airport to home.

ok, this is great to know! That's the one thing I was worried about with pre buying the ticket. I am going to hold off and do it at the station, just in case, fingers crossed there's no delays but you never know. I am supposed to be landing just before 1pm and I am traveling solo, so there shouldn't be a problem with availability for one ticket. Yeah, the 10 minute of travel time that the listing was showing sounds great. A few years ago DH and I were honeymooning around Europe and I convinced him to make a DLP stop. We did the magical express shuttle that time and I was so antsy! We must have just missed a shuttle, had already experienced a delay with our flight and then someone on the shuttle forgot to get off at their stop and the bus driver circled back for them. So after all that I was looking into different options.

ok, this is great to know! That's the one thing I was worried about with pre buying the ticket. I am going to hold off and do it at the station, just in case, fingers crossed there's no delays but you never know. I am supposed to be landing just before 1pm and I am traveling solo, so there shouldn't be a problem with availability for one ticket. Yeah, the 10 minute of travel time that the listing was showing sounds great. A few years ago DH and I were honeymooning around Europe and I convinced him to make a DLP stop. We did the magical express shuttle that time and I was so antsy! We must have just missed a shuttle, had already experienced a delay with our flight and then someone on the shuttle forgot to get off at their stop and the bus driver circled back for them. So after all that I was looking into different options.

Note that if you're two, TGV will cost you about 50€ and a taxi will cost you 70€. I love the train but a taxi can also be an option.

If you don't want to get in line to get a taxi, you can download the G7 app, and request a taxi for immediate pickup. You select your terminal and they direct you to the pick-up area, that is separate from the main taxi line. Advantages are you can pay by credit card within the app, and if there is a dispute, it gets handled by G7. I have no intrerest in this company but I highly recommend using the app: you get the convenience and safety of a legally-licensed taxi driver with the ease and peace of mind of Uber.

Note that if you're two, TGV will cost you about 50€ and a taxi will cost you 70€. I love the train but a taxi can also be an option.

If you don't want to get in line to get a taxi, you can download the G7 app, and request a taxi for immediate pickup. You select your terminal and they direct you to the pick-up area, that is separate from the main taxi line. Advantages are you can pay by credit card within the app, and if there is a dispute, it gets handled by G7. I have no intrerest in this company but I highly recommend using the app: you get the convenience and safety of a legally-licensed taxi driver with the ease and peace of mind of Uber.

I am traveling solo for this trip but I am sure this will be great info for others on the board :)

I have a question you may be able to answer on the TGV. In the past we have used the magic express or a private pre booked taxi from CDG to Disney and back. This time , as the child will be 18 I'm looking at the train as its only 10 mins. Price wise there is nothing to choose between them. Flight arrives into CDG at 9.30 am, terminal 2D. Is it relatively easy to find where you are going if you go by train ? I know my way from the Chessy station to the hotel, it's the getting to the right places in CDG, buying the train tickets and getting to the correct platforms that look bewildering.
Any help or advice would be gratefully received

I have a question you may be able to answer on the TGV. In the past we have used the magic express or a private pre booked taxi from CDG to Disney and back. This time , as the child will be 18 I'm looking at the train as its only 10 mins. Price wise there is nothing to choose between them. Flight arrives into CDG at 9.30 am, terminal 2D. Is it relatively easy to find where you are going if you go by train ? I know my way from the Chessy station to the hotel, it's the getting to the right places in CDG, buying the train tickets and getting to the correct platforms that look bewildering.
Any help or advice would be gratefully received

The train station is within the airport grounds, on the lower level, close to 2D, and signs are numerous. In the very unlikely event you'll get lost, you'll find airport staff (wearing distinguishable outfits) along your way and they'll be happy to guide you.

Tickets booth are available in the station. Beware of the vending machines, I'm not sure you can actually buy tickets to Chessy Marne-la-Vallée from there. Another option would be to buy the ticket online, you can do that on the SNCF website (https://oui.sncf) and third-party vendors also sells them (Trainline comes to mind, their interface and customer service is one of the best).
(One gotcha: make sure you buy a ticket to Chessy Marne-la-Vallée and not Chessy. Chessy is a lovely city in Southern France. Easy to spot, the journey should be 10 minutes and not 5 hours.)

Train platforms are known usually 20 minutes before departure, and are displayed all around the train station. They also make announcements. The train number is shown on the screen before you go to the platform, on the platform itself, and on the train.

On the platform, a display will tell you approximatively where to go depending on your coach, for example you are coach 5 and need to go to mark “W”, just find the big “W” mark on the platform and you'll be good. If you don't have a seat assigned your ticket will not show you a coach, just go in any coach of your service class (1st or 2nd). This sounds like it's complicated but it's not, the train stays for a few minutes (so you'll have time) and if in doubt SNCF staff is available right on the platform to guide you (usually they step down on coaches 3/13).

Once on board, there is a lot of dedicated space for your luggage (between and inside the coaches). Since the journey is relatively short we usually use the jumpseats and stay close to the doors, but if it is your liking you can also take a seat (if you have one assigned, it will show up on your ticket, if not, use any available seat). Enjoy your high-speed ride at 300km/h to Disneyland Paris!

One last hint: at the airport, if some young ladies come to you and insist you sign a petition or give some cash for a foundation, don't stop and go away, they are very talented pickpockets.

cwis, Thank you so much for this, your help is really appreciated. TGV it is ! This trip is for our joint 18th and 50th celebrations so the more time in the magic the better. Last time we were there our transfer failed to arrive for our return to the airport so I think this will be the better option for us this trip.

cwis, Thank you so much for this, your help is really appreciated. TGV it is ! This trip is for our joint 18th and 50th celebrations so the more time in the magic the better. Last time we were there our transfer failed to arrive for our return to the airport so I think this will be the better option for us this trip.

I'm sure you'll love the TGV! It's reliable, peaceful and so quick.

And oh I forgot to tell you the BEST hint of all: are you coming in from a country that requires passport checks? If so, when you land at CDG and arrive at immigration, show the airport agents your train tickets. They will guide you to a special lane (on the left) that will be even faster than the “Numero 1” lane dedicated to those having SkyPriority (frequent travelers/business/first).

Have a magical time at DLP! :thumbsup2

One of the best things that's helped me is using the app city mapper. It shows you all your options (and routes you around strikes) plus tells you the cost. It literally tells you where to walk, what exit to take and what platform to go on.

Download it prior and have a play with it. you can add pre journey plans in advance and your see all your options.

I've used it loads when in Paris and cant get around without it.

The train station is within the airport grounds, on the lower level, close to 2D, and signs are numerous. In the very unlikely event you'll get lost, you'll find airport staff (wearing distinguishable outfits) along your way and they'll be happy to guide you.

Tickets booth are available in the station. Beware of the vending machines, I'm not sure you can actually buy tickets to Chessy Marne-la-Vallée from there. Another option would be to buy the ticket online, you can do that on the SNCF website (https://oui.sncf) and third-party vendors also sells them (Trainline comes to mind, their interface and customer service is one of the best).
(One gotcha: make sure you buy a ticket to Chessy Marne-la-Vallée and not Chessy. Chessy is a lovely city in Southern France. Easy to spot, the journey should be 10 minutes and not 5 hours.)

Train platforms are known usually 20 minutes before departure, and are displayed all around the train station. They also make announcements. The train number is shown on the screen before you go to the platform, on the platform itself, and on the train.

On the platform, a display will tell you approximatively where to go depending on your coach, for example you are coach 5 and need to go to mark “W”, just find the big “W” mark on the platform and you'll be good. If you don't have a seat assigned your ticket will not show you a coach, just go in any coach of your service class (1st or 2nd). This sounds like it's complicated but it's not, the train stays for a few minutes (so you'll have time) and if in doubt SNCF staff is available right on the platform to guide you (usually they step down on coaches 3/13).

Once on board, there is a lot of dedicated space for your luggage (between and inside the coaches). Since the journey is relatively short we usually use the jumpseats and stay close to the doors, but if it is your liking you can also take a seat (if you have one assigned, it will show up on your ticket, if not, use any available seat). Enjoy your high-speed ride at 300km/h to Disneyland Paris!

One last hint: at the airport, if some young ladies come to you and insist you sign a petition or give some cash for a foundation, don't stop and go away, they are very talented pickpockets.

@beltane -

I found it very easy to get from the airport to the train station, when I got into the station I was in line for one set of vending machines to purchase my ticket at and when I got to the top of the line a staff member was standing there and I discovered I was in the wrong line and they directed me to the correct set of machines. If I am remembering correctly the machines you want for Chessy Marne-La-Vallee are near a chain bakery called Paul (I believe that was the name, they had a grab and go counter with the line in the hallway and a sit down area inside, verses on the other side of the station there was a shop that the line to pay was only inside the shop).

I bought my ticket on site and did not realize I didn't have a seat assigned, on the train I sat in a seat and then was the cause of some confusion when it turned out I was in someone else seat. The person was very nice about everything and in the end I stood for the train ride, it was very quick though and may just be easier to go that route. When you get to Disney please know the bus depot has free Disney buses to the hotels. On my first visit to DLP we never used the internal buses and didn't realize that they were even an option, so for this trip I got off at the train station and then dragged my bags to the hotel through the shopping area. I found out afterwards that the buses were an option and would have made arriving at the hotel much much easier! It took much longer than it needed to for me to arrive at the hotel because of this.

Enjoy your trip!

I didn't bother sitting down for the train trip. I stood with my baggage by the door - it is less than 10 minutes. Much faster than sitting through traffic. I did have issues with my card in the kiosks so had to wait at the counter - very busy so I missed one train during the process. I stayed off property to stepped out and grabbed a cab for 8 Euro from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!