CDG TO DLP

MermaidLagoonResident

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am looking at the using the TGV train from CDG to DLP. The site is recommending pre purchasing the tickets. How much time would you recommend to leave between landing and catching a train? My flight is supposed to land just before 1pm and the train options close to that are either 2:57 or 3:18.

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
Are you coming from an international or a European flight and do you have checked luggage?

I think both times should be possible, but to be sure, it's only 20 minutes difference, go for the 3:18.

MermaidLagoonResident

Earning My Ears
Are you coming from an international or a European flight and do you have checked luggage?

I think both times should be possible, but to be sure, it's only 20 minutes difference, go for the 3:18.
I am flying in international, from Canada and yes I'll have a checked bag.

I was hoping to take the earlier one because I am so excited to get to the parks, but your probably right about it making more sense to do the 3:18

• Winnowill

DIS Veteran
    You do not have to pre-book. My husband took the TGV back to DLP after dropping our rental car off at CDG, and just grabbed tickets for the next train then. It was fast and easy, and he didn't have to worry about which train to pick. If your flight is really, really late, twenty minutes isn't going to make a difference.

microsan

Mine mine mine :)
    Depending on what airline you have chosen -ie which terminal you will arrive-, the time to go through customs and the possibility for the plane to get delayed, I would go for the latest one too, you never know what may happen.

Especially if you pre book some sort of discounted TGV tickets than can't be exchanged after the train departure date/time. The fare for such a small journey is quite expensive IMHO.

MermaidLagoonResident

Earning My Ears
    You do not have to pre-book. My husband took the TGV back to DLP after dropping our rental car off at CDG, and just grabbed tickets for the next train then. It was fast and easy, and he didn't have to worry about which train to pick. If your flight is really, really late, twenty minutes isn't going to make a difference.
    Perfect! This makes me feel much better about the whole thing. As much as its nice to have things prepaid and planned, a delayed flight was something I was concerned about. Thanks for the info!

• MermaidLagoonResident

Earning My Ears
    We were there in July, flying in from Toronto. An hour is lots of time for sure. The train is right in the terminal and easy to find. Have fun!
    I am flying from Toronto as well, with a quick stop in Iceland! Thats great to hear, the earlier I get to the parks, the earlier I can get into all the adventure and fun!

cwis

DIS Veteran
    Local speaking. You do not have to pre-book, although this would most likely give you better rates. I usually pre-book tickets *to* the airport, where I am confident I will not miss the train, and if I happen to pre-book tickets from the airport, I usually give myself plenty of time at the airport in time there is a delay. (DW and I travel in business class, and we have access to an arrival lounge.)

Not sure when you are landing at CDG or how many you are in your party, the TGV is nice because it's fast and doesn't get stuck in traffic, but are not always cheaper than taxis. We used taxis a lot on our previous trips to WDW/DLR to get from the airport to home.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

MermaidLagoonResident

Earning My Ears
    Local speaking. You do not have to pre-book, although this would most likely give you better rates. I usually pre-book tickets *to* the airport, where I am confident I will not miss the train, and if I happen to pre-book tickets from the airport, I usually give myself plenty of time at the airport in time there is a delay. (DW and I travel in business class, and we have access to an arrival lounge.)

Not sure when you are landing at CDG or how many you are in your party, the TGV is nice because it's fast and doesn't get stuck in traffic, but are not always cheaper than taxis. We used taxis a lot on our previous trips to WDW/DLR to get from the airport to home.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions!
    ok, this is great to know! That's the one thing I was worried about with pre buying the ticket. I am going to hold off and do it at the station, just in case, fingers crossed there's no delays but you never know. I am supposed to be landing just before 1pm and I am traveling solo, so there shouldn't be a problem with availability for one ticket. Yeah, the 10 minute of travel time that the listing was showing sounds great. A few years ago DH and I were honeymooning around Europe and I convinced him to make a DLP stop. We did the magical express shuttle that time and I was so antsy! We must have just missed a shuttle, had already experienced a delay with our flight and then someone on the shuttle forgot to get off at their stop and the bus driver circled back for them. So after all that I was looking into different options.

cwis

DIS Veteran
    ok, this is great to know! That's the one thing I was worried about with pre buying the ticket. I am going to hold off and do it at the station, just in case, fingers crossed there's no delays but you never know. I am supposed to be landing just before 1pm and I am traveling solo, so there shouldn't be a problem with availability for one ticket. Yeah, the 10 minute of travel time that the listing was showing sounds great. A few years ago DH and I were honeymooning around Europe and I convinced him to make a DLP stop. We did the magical express shuttle that time and I was so antsy! We must have just missed a shuttle, had already experienced a delay with our flight and then someone on the shuttle forgot to get off at their stop and the bus driver circled back for them. So after all that I was looking into different options.
    Note that if you're two, TGV will cost you about 50€ and a taxi will cost you 70€. I love the train but a taxi can also be an option.

If you don't want to get in line to get a taxi, you can download the G7 app, and request a taxi for immediate pickup. You select your terminal and they direct you to the pick-up area, that is separate from the main taxi line. Advantages are you can pay by credit card within the app, and if there is a dispute, it gets handled by G7. I have no intrerest in this company but I highly recommend using the app: you get the convenience and safety of a legally-licensed taxi driver with the ease and peace of mind of Uber.

• MermaidLagoonResident

Earning My Ears
    Note that if you're two, TGV will cost you about 50€ and a taxi will cost you 70€. I love the train but a taxi can also be an option.

If you don't want to get in line to get a taxi, you can download the G7 app, and request a taxi for immediate pickup. You select your terminal and they direct you to the pick-up area, that is separate from the main taxi line. Advantages are you can pay by credit card within the app, and if there is a dispute, it gets handled by G7. I have no intrerest in this company but I highly recommend using the app: you get the convenience and safety of a legally-licensed taxi driver with the ease and peace of mind of Uber.

I am traveling solo for this trip but I am sure this will be great info for others on the board :)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates