CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, only if it was as easy as being administered a vaccine. That is definitely not how an individual gets treated with these options for COVID-19.

So they need an IV. Once. Can be done in and out. Do you really think this is something your local walk in Express Care isn't capable of?

So they need an IV. Once. Can be done in and out. Do you really think this is something your local walk in Express Care isn't capable of?

No. Just, no.

I say this in a very genuine way. Just because you volunteered in a vaccine trial, I hope you’re not providing medical advice to others. These aren’t some kind of treatment regimen that you can just order off of a to-go menu and have a local tech help you with it.

I know Gilead is working on a nasal version too. That is the goal that once confirmed Positive you take remdesivir out patient from the start to lower viral load if you that care is what you need.

the government has already pledged to provide these treatments and the vaccines for free.
When you say government, what do you mean? Do you really think these treatments will be at no out of pocket cost to every American?

No. Just, no.

I say this in a very genuine way. Just because you volunteered in a vaccine trial, I hope you’re not providing medical advice to others. These aren’t some kind of treatment regimen that you can just order off of a to-go menu and have a local tech help you with it.

never suggested it was. And I’m certainly not giving medical advice.

perhaps you could explain how this treatment process will work.

I don't understand the point of view with cost shaming, it's not like anyone is going to give Americans a rebate for money we don't use for ourselves. As a country we pay a LOT in taxes towards R&D for the vaccines and treatments throughout the world and we also pay great deal in premiums, why shouldn't these measures save American lives? Is it better that they end up as some fat cat's bonus or as dividends, for me that's a hard no across the board. I'm not sure how much American's pay in total for medical premiums and R&D I would imagine it's more than many countries churn in GDP, therefore I am 100% fine that these measures are distributed for Americans. I do not feel at all bad about taking it back.
(Not against other countries doing the same but somehow we always get shamed over it. Not OK.)

never suggested it was. And I’m certainly not giving medical advice.

perhaps you could explain how this treatment process will work.

Not how it “will” work. We are talking about the current treatment options already in place, right?
The question should be how “does” it work.
And, I don’t really need to explain the absurdity of the statement that one could just walk into some local clinic and get an IV of Veklury (remdesivir) and REGN-COV2. I’m at a loss for words...

yes. No out of pocket cost. That is correct.
Care to somehow explain this to everyone that has been admitted to a hospital for COVID-19 complications?

If you feel like I've said something incorrect here, please raise your concern. Just insulting me doesn't seem very helpful.
You keep saying things as facts that we have NO IDEA to know if they will be true or not. Sure you say that the treatment will be free but you don't know that. No one knows that. Same thing with some other things that have been said.

You say people will be able to walk into a clinic and get treatment, an IV? You don't know that. You keep saying things like they are facts when they are not.

So FYI there is a product called Cuvitru out there where it's self administered after training, maybe this treatment won't need to be staff administered forever, only while it's in this phase, fingers crossed.

Not how it “will” work. We are talking about the current treatment options already in place, right?
The question should be how “does” it work.
And, I don’t really need to explain the absurdity of the statement that one could just walk into some local clinic and get an IV of Veklury (remdesivir) and REGN-COV2. I’m at a loss for words...

Care to somehow explain this to everyone that has been admitted to a hospital for COVID-19 complications?

The antibody treatments are not the same as Remdesivir. Remdesivir is a five day infusion treatment. The antibody treatments from Regeneron and Lilly are both one time treatments. Not sure why you're at a loss for words.

The TREATMENTS- vaccines and antibody drugs- are no cost out of pocket. I certainly did not mention costs of being admitted to the hospital.

You keep saying things as facts that we have NO IDEA to know if they will be true or not. Sure you say that the treatment will be free but you don't know that. No one knows that. Same thing with some other things that have been said.

You say people will be able to walk into a clinic and get treatment, an IV? You don't know that. You keep saying things like they are facts when they are not.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...reatment-doctors-seek-more-data-idUSKBN26S3MF
Sorry, but that's how these antibody drugs work. You get an IV infusion. One time. That's the treatment course.

I don't understand the point of view with cost shaming, it's not like anyone is going to give Americans a rebate for money we don't use for ourselves. As a country we pay a LOT in taxes towards R&D for the vaccines and treatments throughout the world and we also pay great deal in premiums, why shouldn't these measures save American lives? Is it better that they end up as some fat cat's bonus or as dividends, for me that's a hard no across the board. I'm not sure how much American's pay in total for medical premiums and R&D I would imagine it's more than many countries churn in GDP, therefore I am 100% fine that these measures are distributed for Americans. I do not feel at all bad about taking it back.
(Not against other countries doing the same but somehow we always get shamed over it. Not OK.)

I pay about $150/mo in premiums. I have an in network out of pocket maximum of $3500. I have an out of network maximum of $5000. They don’t overlap. And all of my meds aren’t covered. If I was getting my insurance through the ACA, Those deductibles would be about $2k more, and I would have to pay at least $600/mo in premiums. My in network would be smaller, and fewer meds would be covered. This system sucks.

When I received my COVID test, it wasn’t coded correctly, so I received a bill. It then took two months to sort it out between the provider and insurance company. Again, this system sucks.

These are things that are still in clinical trials, right? Are they going to be available in walk-in clinics for a one-time IV infusion? Who knows? No one knows. So stop stating things like that as a fact when it is not yet known.

They are both awaiting emergency use authorization. Both have applied. I'm simply telling you what the process is- it's a one-time infusion through an IV. Regeneron's own study is using non-hospitalized people as part of the study group. It doesn't require hospitalization anymore than if you got fluids for dehydration. No doubt there will be some training involved but once approved, any nurse who can run an IV can give you this treatment. It just is what it is.

I sincerely don't understand what you're issue is with that.

I work in finance- I managed $150 million in private assets. I speak regularly to my firm's Chief Investment Officer. My entire year has been nothing but Covid research.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter