• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR buses - happy or sad with the service ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
The transportation board had no responses - so I thought I would try here for opinions.

We like the area of Martinique at CBR and the new rooms - now Nemo with new paint, carpets and furniture (Fall 2008).

:confused3 How are the buses ?

We will go Easter weeks - peak season in 2010. When many guests visit WDW. Lots of kids out of school (including ours) and many celebrations.

:confused3 Will the CBR buses be over crowded ?

:confused3 Delayed in pick-ups anda drop offs ?

:confused3 Long waits ?

From a post dated 7-1-06:
Caribbean Beach Resort
-----------------------
Seven bus stops didn't make us feel horrible.
Transportation from CBR to MK --> Great, even though it was a long journey.
[25-40 minutes]
Transportation from CBR to EP --> Nice and fast (I like this trip!).
[10-20 minutes]
Transporation from parks to CBR --> Crowded (especially from MK), but nice (even though one time we had to wait for 40 minutes long).

THANKS !

We had great bus service at CBR! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to be back there in just 15 weeks from today! :yay:

And the fact that there are stops in every village means that you never have to walk far to catch a bus! :goodvibes

Momof2Disneyboys - Thanks so much.

I have convinced my DH to stay at a moderate and save about $200 a night by not staying at a deluxe resort. My DD is alos convinced. My DS is still unsure, but will have to go with the flow. (ages -> DS 16, DD -> 13)

I think CBR new rooms will be great. Plus being 340 square feet is a major plus and also the first moderate, :woohoo: WDW buildt it in a great area on WDW land.

I hope the economy does not hurt our family and we still can go to WDW in 2010. ;)

We have stayed at CBR 3 times and loved it. We drive up so we will park our car at the dining hall and have breakfast and leave the car there for the day, hop on bus and when we get back we grab our mugs from the car and get a nightcap.

This works at POR and CSR too

We stayed at CBR in April, and really didn't have any problems with the bus service. We waited for about 45 minutes the one night we were going to DTD, but other than that, we never really waited more than 10-15 minutes.

We went two weeks after Easter, so it wasn't peak crowd levels, but the parks were fairly crowded. We had to stand on busses a couple times, but it wasn't too bad.

We were in Jamaica, which was nice since when the busses come in the side entrance Jamaica is the first drop off. Plus the bus stop was just a little bit beyond our room, so not a long walk at all.

The thing you need to be comfortable with for CBR busses, is that there are a lot of stops, and at one point or another, you will have to make multiple stops within the resort before your destination. If you're ok with that, then you'll have a great time.

We loved the CBR, it was a little big for our tastes, but it is a great resort with fabulous theming and friendly CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter