Cast members and Extended hours

BadDad

Mouseketeer
We're going down for Spring break and learned that the MK will have extended hours.
  • Our CP S made F&F reservations.
  • We are staying at POR

• Can he be a part of extend hours with us as a CP/CM?
  • Are we allowed to take advantage of extended hours if we enter using the Blue pass?

You can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours as long as you have a resort card. So if your son is staying with you and has one, he can go to EMH with you. If not, then he can go but he won't be able to get on any of the attractions. It also doesn't matter if you use a blue maingate to get in as you still recieve a regular ticket. You just need your resort card, which they will check to make sure you have during EMH before you can get on attractions.

Sorry. I dont mean to hijack this thread (but I think the previous response answers the original question).

Im coming to WDW in May for the first time, and I wanted to
ask a couple questions about the extended hours, which are
not addressed on the disney info page about extended hours.

1) the disney page describing Extra Magic Hours says "Extra
Magic Hours offer guests OF SELECT WDW resort hotels the
unique opportunity to enjoy additional time in Disney theme parks..."

SO, my question is, WHICH resorts are eligible? We're
staying in a value resort (Pop Century). Will we be
eligible to get in early and stay late on any days? Or is
this perk only for those who stay at the mid-value &
high-end resorts only?

2) Do different guests at different hotels get into different
parks early on different days? If the Pop Century resort
*does* make us eligible, then where can I find out which
days (at which parks) are good for Pop Century guests?
(is there a rotation pattern?)

Thanks for taking the time to help out a dad.

-Dave

Sorry. I dont mean to hijack this thread (but I think the previous response answers the original question).

high-end resorts only?

-Dave

That's funny that it says SELECT because it is ALL Disney Resorts that are eligible for extra magic hours. I never noticed that it said "select". LOL

If you go to Disney's website>Parks and Travel>WDW>Park Hours (if you don't see it, it will always be at the bottom of the page)...there you can put in your dates and it will tell you park hours and show you which days and where have the EMHs.

high-end resorts only?

-Dave

In effect, it's ALL the Disney owned and operated resorts. There are several places on Disney property that do not fall into this category, such as Shades of Green, the Swan/Dolphin, and the DTD hotels except for the Hilton.

Actually Shades of Green does participate in the EMH. We have stayed there and have been able to participate. I am also pretty sure the guests of The Swan and Dolphin are able to as well but not positive on those. I also think the Hilton at Downtown Disney participates as well.

I know Shades of Green definitely participates (I'm a Vacation Planner and I get a lot of EMH questions), and as for Swan and Dolphin they're Disney resorts so they participate as well. Both SoG and S&D key cards are on a list for EMH acceptable room keys.

Thank You to all who responded.

So, if I understand it right, it doesnt matter which hotel
you're at (as long as its a EMH participating hotel), then
the EMH hours for a park are for ALL resort guests at
any disney hotel, right?

I thought it kind of rotated, based on which hotel parhaps.
(like Contemporary guests got extra MK on a certain day,
while Polynesian guests got EMH at a different park that
same day. etc).

So are lines, in the late nights, a lot shorter during EMH?
or do so many resort guests use EMH that lines are still
long (because of the reduced number of EMH attractions?)

-djb

Thank You to all who responded.

So, if I understand it right, it doesnt matter which hotel
you're at (as long as its a EMH participating hotel), then
the EMH hours for a park are for ALL resort guests at
any disney hotel, right?

I thought it kind of rotated, based on which hotel parhaps.
(like Contemporary guests got extra MK on a certain day,
while Polynesian guests got EMH at a different park that
same day. etc).

So are lines, in the late nights, a lot shorter during EMH?
or do so many resort guests use EMH that lines are still
long (because of the reduced number of EMH attractions?)

-djb

I think it depends on when you're at Disney (different seasons, different crowd levels) but that being said EMH SEVERELY reduces wait times, I was there around Halloween at Magic Kingdom for EMH and didn't wait longer than a couple of minuets for any ride, we basically got off, ran through the queue and got back on for basically everything.

We're going down for Spring break and learned that the MK will have extended hours.
  • Our CP S made F&F reservations.
  • We are staying at POR

• Can he be a part of extend hours with us as a CP/CM?
  • Are we allowed to take advantage of extended hours if we enter using the Blue pass?

Other posts were correct that he can partake in EMH IF he has a room key.

HOWEVER, It is very important that if you are using the blue pass you enter the park BEFORE EMH. When my mom came down we were staying at a resort and we wanted to go to Epcot for their EMH. We got to the park and I presented my Blue maingate and my ID and was told that we could not enter because it was for resort guests. We explained that we were resort guests and showed our ID. Basically because they swipe your blue pass and give you a paper ticket for the day to enter the parks, and since we were there after the park technically closed my mom didn't have a ticket to get in. :confused3 The manager ended up letting us in without swiping my maingate or ID.

That shouldn't have happened. If you're staying onsite, you can still use your maingate as long as the cast member is staying onsite as well.

During ESPN Weekend, my fiance and I were at Coronado. After we did the 5K we entered Studios during EMH to get TSM FPs before going back to Coronado to shower. We just had to show our room keys as well as my maingate at the Cast Gate.

I work turnstiles at Epcot and it's the same there (The breakfast gate becomes the Cast Gate upon official opening, so that's where you'd want to head at Epcot)

That's funny that it says SELECT because it is ALL Disney Resorts that are eligible for extra magic hours. I never noticed that it said "select". LOL

If you go to Disney's website>Parks and Travel>WDW>Park Hours (if you don't see it, it will always be at the bottom of the page)...there you can put in your dates and it will tell you park hours and show you which days and where have the EMHs.

select means friendly neighbor hotels are not included. all walt disney world resorts are.

So am i reading everything right, as long as i'm in the parks before the EMH times, my mom and i can go to the park that we are going to for the day using my blue pass as well as stay in same park during EMH times?

So am i reading everything right, as long as i'm in the parks before the EMH times, my mom and i can go to the park that we are going to for the day using my blue pass as well as stay in same park during EMH times?

As long as both of you have resort IDs; then yes you can stay and ride the rides. If you don't have resort IDs you can stay and just walk around but that is it.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter