Cash questions

maiapapaya

Totally DIS-tracted!
We are going on our first cruise in just over a month and I had a couple of questions about the cash we will need to bring.

First, generally how much do people tip guides/drivers for the excursions?

Also, we are going on the Western Caribbean, so will be visiting Grand Cayman & Mexico. Should we be ok just with US cash for incidentals? Thnx!

I try to have about 200 dollars in denominations of 10, 5, 1.
A driver or guide we usually tip 5 to 10 dollars. On our Chachobben tour last year our guide was amazing and we gave 20.
1's for room service
We have always left extra for our servers and room host.
US cash works great!

We did the Western Caribbean last month. We only used cash for tipping and one time to purchase a photo on a excursion. So bring LOTS of ones. We would tip drivers who did nothing but drive a couple of dollars. Drivers that did more of the tour guide type thing more, and actual tour guides a bit more than that. Everywhere we shopped took cards, so we used our card that doesn't charge international rates. One thing I was told by a merchant in Cozumel is that if you pay in cash you don't have to pay tax. I have no idea if that is true or if he was pulling my leg, but I didn't have enough on me at that point for what I was buying anyways.

I like to have cash just in case, but we came home with a vast majority of the cash we bought, but we were out of ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!