Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

Thanks for all the awesome info and previews! I'm really glad this will be open when we go next year. Looks like the perfect proving ground for my sometimes scared but Cars-lovin' DS. May have to be our first stop when we hit the park!

Just checked out all the previews that show the rides being tested. Fantastic. Kids will love all 3 and the adults in the group will love 2 of them for sure. I can easily see DH getting carried away with the tires (mental note to make one of the kids ride with him on that one). Can't link due to my low post count but saw it on insidethemagic.net and it showed testing of all the rides.

I'm planning a birthday trip for my soon-to-be 19-year-old son, and we'll be at DCA on 6/15 staying through 6/18. I'm wondering if there is any more info about the restaurant inside the Carthay Circle Theater. Is it opening on the 15th and can I make reservations there? We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Should I use the itinerary planning service to book something? And does anyone have any idea of the menu? Thanks in advance!

I'm planning a birthday trip for my soon-to-be 19-year-old son, and we'll be at DCA on 6/15 staying through 6/18. I'm wondering if there is any more info about the restaurant inside the Carthay Circle Theater. Is it opening on the 15th and can I make reservations there? We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel. Should I use the itinerary planning service to book something? And does anyone have any idea of the menu? Thanks in advance!

Information on the new dining location open to the regular guests, and the 1901 Lounge for Club33 members is very limited.

We are just a few days from the two month mark, when dining reservations can be made. So we may hear more very soon, or they may hold off making reservations, for a while since it's a new location.

ETA: Today in a post about making reservations by email, Disney stated the Carthay Circle Restaurant will open on the 15th of June. It also mentioned that reservations are not availabl at this time, but suggest when they are it will be announce on the Disney Parks Blog and twitter. Hopefully this means more news coming out soon about this dining location.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ail-system-to-serve-disneyland-resort-guests/

With the sign posting rider requirements for MJJ visible over the wall, all information is confirmed.

Radiator Springs Racers, Height 40 inches or taller, Disney FASTPASS service
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Height 32 inches or taller
Luigi's Flying Tires, Height 32 inches or taller

We are just a few days from the two month mark, when dining reservations can be made. So we may hear more very soon, or they may hold off making reservations, for a while since it's a new location.

ETA: Today in a post about making reservations by email, Disney stated the Carthay Circle Restaurant will open on the 15th of June. It also mentioned that reservations are not availabl at this time, but suggest when they are it will be announce on the Disney Parks Blog and twitter. Hopefully this means more news coming out soon about this dining location.

Regarding the Carthay Circle Restaurant. Since it's the 2 months mark today, I called Disney Dining. So far they have no information, other than the very general, it will exist and open on the 15th of June. They understand that kinks are being worked out and the menu is not complete. With no timeline they are hoping to get information and be able to make reservations soon, but suggest look at the Disney Parks Blog for information as that may come first.

Hey guys,

I just have a few speculative questions about the revamp. I know most of them will be more guess work, but maybe people know.

-In Carsland, do you think we will be able to see the Fireworks in that area like we can PP? That will be so cool if we could! I love watching them in PP overlooking the lagoon while they pop behind TLM buiding!

-Will the Fiffer, Fiddler and Practical Cafe will have an outdoor seating area? I would love it if BVS had its version of Coke Corner, Jolly Holiday area and you can sit outside to take it all in, even if its not very big. Also, has ANY info about the menu come out yet?

-I wonder how long will it take to get from BVS to TOT using the Trolly? Thats just more outside thinking I guess.

-Do you think there will be ANY features inside the CCT that people can walk in and admire or will it strictly be a restaurant/lounge? I know second floor will be the restaurant and I dont expect anything beyound maybe a small area that could be some tiny exhibit piece and a nice bar on the first floor, but just curious! I dont expect anything big as I know its been stated it will basically be a restaurant, but you can always hope!

Regarding the Carthay Circle Restaurant. Since it's the 2 months mark today, I called Disney Dining. So far they have no information, other than the very general, it will exist and open on the 15th of June. They understand that kinks are being worked out and the menu is not complete. With no timeline they are hoping to get information and be able to make reservations soon, but suggest look at the Disney Parks Blog for information as that may come first.

Thanks so much for following up so extensively for us! I'll keep checking the Disney Parks blog and I think I'll ask Itinerary Planning to try to book something for that weekend. If I hear anything, I'll let everyone here know. (Although I have a feeling you'll beat me to it! ;))

Hey guys,

I just have a few speculative questions about the revamp. I know most of them will be more guess work, but maybe people know.

-In Carsland, do you think we will be able to see the Fireworks in that area like we can PP? That will be so cool if we could! I love watching them in PP overlooking the lagoon while they pop behind TLM buiding!
Probably yes. One of the things discussed at the D23 Expo last August was having a premium place in the Carthay Circle Theater to see DL fireworks. With CL being further back from CCT, I suspect there will be a sightline to DL's fireworks.

-Will the Fiffer, Fiddler and Practical Cafe will have an outdoor seating area? I would love it if BVS had its version of Coke Corner, Jolly Holiday area and you can sit outside to take it all in, even if its not very big. Also, has ANY info about the menu come out yet?
No idea on seating, but DLR likes to provide outside seating wherever possible so it would not surprise me.

I have seen nothing about menus. Heck, even the CCT menu seems to be under wraps.

-I wonder how long will it take to get from BVS to TOT using the Trolly? Thats just more outside thinking I guess.
132.5 seconds. Flat.

Really, there are rumors of singers on the trolley and such. So no way to know if the trolley will stop or go continuously.

-Do you think there will be ANY features inside the CCT that people can walk in and admire or will it strictly be a restaurant/lounge? I know second floor will be the restaurant and I dont expect anything beyound maybe a small area that could be some tiny exhibit piece and a nice bar on the first floor, but just curious! I dont expect anything big as I know its been stated it will basically be a restaurant, but you can always hope!
I suspect yes. Things that pay tribute to Snow White would be obvious.

132.5 seconds. Flat.

Really, there are rumors of singers on the trolley and such. So no way to know if the trolley will stop or go continuously.

Just speculation. The Red Car Trolley's will probably only move about as fast as the Horse Drawn Trolley in Disneyland Park. Both being limited by the foot traffic on the street. Not sure on the HDT in DL but on the Omnibus it took about 3 minutes according to a video I have.

The track lenth of the RCT is about 1.5-1.75 times the length of DL's HDT. So this would be about 5 minutes from BVS to ToT. Though there is another thing to factor in.

The RCT doesn't just go end to end. It has a stop in Carthay Circle. In some plans also a stop in in Hollywood, though this may or may not happen. There had not been built a station in Hollywood, though maybe it won't need a structure just a easily built sign. Picture below which you can see in the Blue Sky Wine Cellar in DCA, notes the Hollywood East and West stops.

blue-sky-trolley-map.jpg

Additionally this may add some time, though not during the travel. At the end of the line the Trolley's charge their batteries. They do this by induction the same way the Finding Nemo Submarines do. So while simpler to load and unload than the subs, there turn around time may be similiar.

On the physical model of BVS there are some umbrella tables, only a strip lining the building front. You can see them in the drawing above. Not the big circles, the tiny ones between them and the building.

It's on the disney parks blog also.

Imagineers are busy putting the final touches on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park. This busy California street will take you back to 1923, when Walt Disney first arrived in California.

Part of the décor includes colorful murals made of tiles that create a story, while also reflecting the architecture and the Spanish influence in California during the 1920s. The video below goes behind the scenes with Imagineers as they work with a vendor in Los Angeles to create each tile. Make sure you take time to see these beautiful murals this summer at Disney California Adventure park when Buena Vista Street, Carthay Circle Theatre and Cars Land open on June 15.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/04/the-new-buena-vista-street-at-disney-california-adventure-park-is-a-blast-to-the-past/

Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle Theatre are going to look amazing.
those murals are so beautiful. cant wait to see it

The New Beuna Vists Street is a Blast From the Past. Tile Murals that will line the street.

Imagineers are busy putting the final touches on Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure park. This busy California street will take you back to 1923, when Walt Disney first arrived in California.

Part of the décor includes colorful murals made of tiles that create a story, while also reflecting the architecture and the Spanish influence in California during the 1920s. The video below goes behind the scenes with Imagineers as they work with a vendor in Los Angeles to create each tile. Make sure you take time to see these beautiful murals this summer at Disney California Adventure park when Buena Vista Street, Carthay Circle Theatre and Cars Land open on June 15.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...fornia-adventure-park-is-a-blast-to-the-past/

posted on miceage today by al lutz

The first in-park Starbucks is now slated to open this June on Buena Vista Street with the re-launched Disney California Adventure. Starbucks will take up residence in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café, as an odd hybrid of a regular Starbucks and a Disney-run operation. While the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café (dubbed the Pig Café by Anaheim’s Foods group) will maintain all the great 1920’s theming and architecture already shown to the public, subtle Starbucks logos in rubbed brass and period-appropriate signage will be added near the entrance doors. It won’t scream Starbucks with green awnings and bright logos like your neighborhood location, but once anyone gets within sight of the front door they’ll be able to spot the logo and tell that it’s a Starbucks.

the full article can be read here.
http://miceage.micechat.com/mc/mc041812a.htm

Probably yes. One of the things discussed at the D23 Expo last August was having a premium place in the Carthay Circle Theater to see DL fireworks. With CL being further back from CCT, I suspect there will be a sightline to DL's fireworks.

Thanks for the input! :) Yeah, I suspect it will too! It will be so cool to have another area to see the fireworks from in DCA. Obviously PP is probably the best with the railing, room and no obsticles. I have a feeling BVS will be VERY popular for folks who want to stay in that park and I suspect will be spending a lot more time in that area now. Hopefully CL will make it 3 good areas, but we'll see!

No idea on seating, but DLR likes to provide outside seating wherever possible so it would not surprise me.

ACTUALLY, I just found out this answer today with a bit of news about the cafe via Al Lutz over at Mice Chat. Not only will there be outdoor seating (YAY) there will also be Starbucks on the menu! :) I guess they finalized it and it become part of the Practical Cafe. Here is a snippet:

Once inside the Pig Café, the restaurant will operate like a traditional Starbucks during the morning hours just after the park opens. It’s at that time of day that the four separate espresso machines each staffed by a Starbucks-trained barista will be going full blast (where most of Starbucks’ “big” stores only have two machines), and the refrigerated cases near the front will offer a selection of Starbucks own grab-n-go breakfast and pastry items. Later in the day the location will switch over solely to a Disney created menu for lunch and dinner options, while Starbucks espresso drinks will still be offered through park closing. Over a hundred seats at a few dozen tables inside and out at the Pig Café should soak up most of the lunch and dinner crowd, although it’s expected that the morning business will be mostly to-go orders as people stream into the park and head to Cars Land with their Venti Latte and Danish.

Cool huh!!

I have seen nothing about menus. Heck, even the CCT menu seems to be under wraps.

Well we at least know ONE thing on the menu! ;) I hope we get something soon, but I have a feeling with either this or the ultra expensive CCT to eat, the Practical Cafe will be one busy place most days, especially with Starbucks there.

132.5 seconds. Flat.

LOL, well hopefully it will be a bit longer than that! And no, there will definitely be stops! Four in fact! If its at least 5 mins, it will seem like a worthy ride IMO. I guess with all the stops, it will probably be a bit longer just to load and unload.

I suspect yes. Things that pay tribute to Snow White would be obvious.

I really hope so! I think it was a mistake not to have one exhibit/attraction that really focuses on either Walt or the history of L.A. at the time the entrance takes place. I wish they built something on the first floor of the theater and then kept the second floor open for a restaurant and a lounge. Seems a bit of overkill to have two stories, but they didnt ask me lol. Anyway, lets hope there will be something.

Just speculation. The Red Car Trolley's will probably only move about as fast as the Horse Drawn Trolley in Disneyland Park. Both being limited by the foot traffic on the street. Not sure on the HDT in DL but on the Omnibus it took about 3 minutes according to a video I have.

The track lenth of the RCT is about 1.5-1.75 times the length of DL's HDT. So this would be about 5 minutes from BVS to ToT. Though there is another thing to factor in.

The RCT doesn't just go end to end. It has a stop in Carthay Circle. In some plans also a stop in in Hollywood, though this may or may not happen. There had not been built a station in Hollywood, though maybe it won't need a structure just a easily built sign. Picture below which you can see in the Blue Sky Wine Cellar in DCA, notes the Hollywood East and West stops.

blue-sky-trolley-map.jpg

Additionally this may add some time, though not during the travel. At the end of the line the Trolley's charge their batteries. They do this by induction the same way the Finding Nemo Submarines do. So while simpler to load and unload than the subs, there turn around time may be similiar.

On the physical model of BVS there are some umbrella tables, only a strip lining the building front. You can see them in the drawing above. Not the big circles, the tiny ones between them and the building.

Well I heard through the Disney blog that it WILL be four stops now, from a few months ago. I personnally think thats a bit of overkill and there shouldnt be a stop at the pump house on Carthay Circle thats planned, but keep just keep it on Hollywood Blvd as that map illustrates. That would be smack in the middle of the route. I just dont see the point if we are stopping every 90 seconds or so! But not complaining, just happy its all happening!

And I do see the umbrellas on the map! But Al Lutz confirmed there will be out door seating as well. Probably not a big area as the map shows, but its sill better than nothing!

Anyway thanks again! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!