Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

Nice photo. :goodvibes

IMG9513-X2.jpg

Photo by Andy Castro - Dateline Disneyland (link)

:earsboy:

This summer California Adventure will add new walk-around characters, including Mickey and friends in new
costumes for Buena Vista Street. Also beginning this summer, a new daytime fountain show in Paradise Bay
with Goofy:

bvs123234LARGE..jpg

Photo credit: Dateline Disneyland 5/28 (link)

:earsboy:

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but I didn't see it when I went through the rest of the thread. Has there been any word on how they will be handling the opening of DCA on the 15th? Will there be a line a la OMDD where people can line up ahead of time without having to deal with going back through security in the morning? I'm trying to help a couple of friends who are planning on going but don't know what time they should get there. Are they also going to use M&F for parking for people waiting overnight? (I thought I read this somewhere but I could be mistaken? Al Lutz maybe? I don't remember.)

Thanks!

Honestly no one REALLY knows yet! Everyone assumes there will be camping out of some kind but Disney has not said a single peep about it yet. In fact the ONLY thing they have said about June 15th is that it opens at 9 a.m. and thats litterally it! They have not said anything about the rededication ceremony plan (although they will have one), how soon they will open up Mickey and Friends for people to park that morning or if hotel guest will get in earlier than anyone else?

All I can say is there WILL be camping out of some kind, dont worry about that. Its 100% guaranteed at this point, but there still isnt official word yet so when and in what capacity not a clue yet! Just keep your eyes peeled to these boards the next few weeks. When Disney announce something it will definitely get posted here and everywhere else!

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but I didn't see it when I went through the rest of the thread. Has there been any word on how they will be handling the opening of DCA on the 15th? Will there be a line a la OMDD where people can line up ahead of time without having to deal with going back through security in the morning? I'm trying to help a couple of friends who are planning on going but don't know what time they should get there. Are they also going to use M&F for parking for people waiting overnight? (I thought I read this somewhere but I could be mistaken? Al Lutz maybe? I don't remember.)

Thanks!

I believe I heard that Disney will be allowing for overnight parking the night before the opening on the 15th. So they are preparing for big opening day crowds. They are doing this to avoid huge traffic jams in the morning. If they do this, they would probably allow "camping" at the gate.

Thanks fctiger and DianaSparrow. I had figured that it was going to be crazy was crowds and traffic (from reading Al Lutz's article and extrapolating) but I thought I was going crazy or had just missed something entirely when I realized I had not read anywhere what the procedure was going to be for that day and the opening, especially since its a week and a half out. Hopefully we'll get something on Friday since it will be an exact week out. :confused3

No worries, but you're right it is kind of odd, 10 days to go and litterally nothing! I assume they are working out last minute details with everything but you would think with ALL the times they have done this camping out stuff, as recently as Febuary for OMDD, they would be able to figure it out faster and get the word out!

But Al in his article today did briefly mention that the Mickey and Friends lot will be open and maybe others the night of the 14th. I mean its a 'rumor' but the guy has been 99% right about all of this and its basically a no-brainer at this point anyway, just have to wait for the actual announcement.

And a lot of times what happens is when Al makes an announcement Disney is not far behind so yeah I suspect something will be official this week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!