Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

Will any of the rides/attractions/awesomeness be part of FastPass? Or is there no way to know until you walk up to the entrance?

(It's quiet in my house since our girls are in bed, and that was my first thought after watching the most recent sneak-peak video. Sorry if it's a dumb question and one that has been asked before..:blush:)

Immediately?

Hard to say when they will use FP, but the attractions is built for it.

031312_NF_FS_CarsLandFirstLook_5.jpg

A FP return line has been built as you can see indicated in the photo and the distribution area has been built.

I know they have those things on TV to make people taller they are advertising. Not sure if they're comfortable but worth a shot. :cool1:

Ironically just saw a commericial for these and apprently it made a guy who 5'9 6 foot & got a girl who didn't pay him any attention interested in him. If it can do that surely it can make your kid tall enough for RSR LOL.:rotfl2:

this is basically test track with nice cars :rotfl:....they are just calling it RSR

Not really at all. Yeah, it's the same car/ride mechanism, but it is an outdoor "race track" format with side-by-side cars as opposed to an indoor demo of safety features of regular cars.

The closest analogy might be to say RSR is the last 30 seconds of TT redone as a slot car track crossed with Big Thunder Mountain RR.

They have RSR set up for FP, but the other two rides look like they will be slow loaders...like the teacups. The nice thing about the Little Mermaid ride they added is that the line moves so quickly. Anyone know anything about the anticipated loading times for these rides?

Reason to go back again.

I like your way of thinking!

Start feeding him Wheaties! Tomorrow! Maybe he will make it... ;)

:thumbsup2 Good idea! Where can I find a list of 'Foods that make you taller?!' I've got six months to gain 7 inches- it CAN be done! :D (Dad would be forever excited if his son could ride Star Tours, hahaha.)

Cars Land is going to be a blast regardless!

I like your way of thinking!

:thumbsup2 Good idea! Where can I find a list of 'Foods that make you taller?!' I've got six months to gain 7 inches- it CAN be done! :D (Dad would be forever excited if his son could ride Star Tours, hahaha.)

Cars Land is going to be a blast regardless!

lol, Im excited that my daughter is 40 inches right now and can ride star tours on our trip in May. Shes never seen star wars but is already excited about riding it because her day care ladies two boys talk about star wars and DD idolizes them.

They have RSR set up for FP, but the other two rides look like they will be slow loaders...like the teacups. The nice thing about the Little Mermaid ride they added is that the line moves so quickly. Anyone know anything about the anticipated loading times for these rides?
I can't find the link now, but a month or two ago I read that LFT will have a capacity of about 500 per hour and MJJ will handle about 800. Sort of like Tea Cups and Dumbo.

Thanks for sharing that info, Hydroguy. I am really wondering what the wait times will be like when we go third week in July. I remember when Nemo first opened we just skipped the ride that visit because the lines were so long and slow moving. Well, guess we'll find out!

Not really at all. Yeah, it's the same car/ride mechanism, but it is an outdoor "race track" format with side-by-side cars as opposed to an indoor demo of safety features of regular cars.

The closest analogy might be to say RSR is the last 30 seconds of TT redone as a slot car track crossed with Big Thunder Mountain RR.

uh ok:rolleyes2, it just looks like it is based off of TT is all im saying but however, I will be there a few days after opening so we shall see what we shall see:goodvibes

I know they have those things on TV to make people taller they are advertising. Not sure if they're comfortable but worth a shot. :cool1:

Sorry, I just have to say, this is a BAD idea. They have height requirements on rides for a reason. Granted they do normally err on the side of caution when determining them, but don't you want that when it concerns the safety of your child? Even if it were just an inch or two and not 7 inches, it would still not be a good idea. Very recently a 3 year old girl was thrown from a ride for which she was deemed tall enough, she slipped under the lap bar and was thrown from 8 feet in the air. Thankfully she wasn't seriously injured, but I'm not willing to risk even a mild concussion for my kid just to get them on a theme park ride.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...l-thrown-from-carnival-ride-at-houston-rodeo/

This may have been a joke, but just for people who might think this is a possibility to get their kid on that ride that he really wants to enjoy, it's not worth the risk. Make another trip when your kid is taller.

I can't find the link now, but a month or two ago I read that LFT will have a capacity of about 500 per hour and MJJ will handle about 800. Sort of like Tea Cups and Dumbo.
I found the link. It was from editorialist and chief rumor-starter Al Lutz who does not work for Disney and everything he says is really rumor - albeit well informed rumor - usually. :)

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al122011a.htm

Radiator Springs Racers has a modestly respectable hourly capacity of 1750 riders per hour, which would be considered a monster people-eater at a regular amusement park, but pales in comparison to other Disney E Tickets like Pirates of the Caribbean gobbling up 2,900 riders per hour or It’s A Small World carrying 2,500 riders per hour in that fleet of more buoyant 21st century boats. The 1750 figure for Radiator Springs Racers puts it ahead of Splash Mountain or Star Tours at around 1450 per hour, and compares most closely with the 1800 per hour that Indiana Jones can pull in.

Still, the demand from 75,000+ daily Anaheim visitors will far outstrip the 23,000 riders per day that Radiator Springs Racers could theoretically handle once DCA expands its hours of operation to an 8AM to 11PM daily park schedule next summer. Fastpass will be offered for Radiator Springs Racers, the first new Fastpass attraction at DCA since Tower of Terror opened in 2004, and TDA planners are already thinking of ways to ensure that DVC owners and guests staying in the nearly 3,000 Disney hotel rooms in Anaheim get first crack at those Fastpasses each morning.

The news gets a bit worse for Tow Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree and the very novel Luigi’s Flying Tires. The initial testing by WDI is proving that Mater’s musical spinner ride has an hourly capacity of about 750 riders per hour, while Luigi’s unique ride system is even less at just 550 riders per hour under the best of circumstances. The queues for those two non-Fastpass rides will be long, and while extra space has been dedicated into the pre-show areas for eventual NextGen additions years from now, it will be a classic Disneyland experience of waiting two hours for a two minute ride that first summer.

Thanks for finding that info...very interesting. I wonder why they didn't plan for rides that load more quickly? I hope there will be some shade for those lines!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter