Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

skiingfast

<font color=teal>Has had no bacon<br><font color=b
Preview of what is coming, with a great video and announcement of DCA being closed on the 14th of June.

To accommodate a media preview and make final preparations for the opening, Disney California Adventure park will be closed for one day on June 14. Disneyland park, Downtown Disney District and the Disneyland Resort hotels will remain open for our guests on that day
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/the-happiest-place-on-earth-is-about-to-get-happier-when-cars-land-buena-vista-street-and-carthay-circle-theatre-open-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

DisDaze

Always planning a Disney trip :-)
Oh, okay. My apologies. A friend told me it was officially June 15, but clearly that info was wrong. Thank you for your information.
Looks like that date is official as of today. So glad I moved our trip by a week, so we will be there after the "official" opening.

Delilah1310

DIS Veteran
So now we have an official opening date - horray! :cool1:

What is your best guess about what will happen in the week prior to the opening --
any chance for soft opens?
or maybe previews for resort guests?
will the crowds be lower because people will wait to visit until it is open?

We are there June 9-12 and hoping to get a chance to ride / explore.

thanking in advance for any insight / speculation you can provide.

DisDaze

Always planning a Disney trip :-)

What is your best guess about what will happen in the week prior to the opening --

My guess is that since they are closing the entire park on June 14 to prepare for the big opening day on the 15th, they aren't going to be having any soft opening for resort guests. I've heard of them having a preview day for AP holders, but nothing for resort guests when a new attraction or a big refurb, but nothing other than that.

CamoMama

DIS Veteran
My sister is taking her sons and my parents to Disney from the 1st through 5th of July. They're driving from Seattle and will stay overnight at my place in Northern California to break up the drive. My kids will be with their dad for summer break. I am seriously considering hitching a ride south with them.

• KAT4DISNEY

Glad to be a test subject
    My annual birthday trip is really turning into a semi-annual lets have a mob show up for an opening event! WOC opened two years ago exactly on my birthday and now Carsland will be a few days after. Sigh. Kind of fun I guess......... What's planned for 2014? :rotfl:

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me

The chance of soft openings will be quite good. Who's to say about crowds? I would expect them to be normal June crowds but I don't know.

nunzia

You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys
    Whoo Hoo..won't be there until August but already excited (and dreading the crowds)

• Jacie

Disney Obsessed!
    I'm pretty bummed at the height requirement on the RSR! DS won't be 40 inches by then, he's only 33 inches now :(

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES