Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

Disney Insider: Imagineers Describe the Expansion and Retheming.

Disney Insider is a subscription, electronic newletter of Disney where they tell(advertise) thier products. This week they had two Imagineers talk about thier respective projects in DCA, Beuna Vista Street and Cars Land. While it is a long and detailed article it doesn't have any great new information. Though if you are just starting to learn about these new developments in DCA, it's a good read.

A New Day Dawns at Disney California Adventure Park
http://disney.go.com/disneyinsider/...C_ins_disney_insider_120221_MA-ReadMore__Extl

Blue Sky Cellar will beging hosting a new display Febuary 29th, about Cars Land.

There’s a big update coming to Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar at Disney California Adventure park on Wednesday, Feb. 29. “The Road to Cars Land” will be a sneak preview of the plans for Cars Land, featuring a model of the land, maquettes of some of the new ride vehicles, and sketches and early concept art.

And of course, brand-new Cars Land attractions posters will be included in this latest update. Other items to be featured will include the shovel used during the ground-breaking ceremony in July 2009 with the signatures of John Lasseter, Director of “Cars” and Principal Creative Advisor, Walt Disney Imagineering, and other project team members. A new video at Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar will feature John, the Cars Land design team, project architects and landscapers providing insights into the innovations behind the new land opening this summer at Disney California Adventure park.

Once the expansion is complete, Walt Disney Imagineering Blue Sky Cellar will continue to be a preview center for new experiences planned for the Disneyland Resort.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...on-february-29/?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY12Q2FBDM0269

If you haven't been to the Blue Sky Cellar before, it has been acting as the DLR preview center for a few years now. It is located on the Grizzly Peak side of the pathway that goes from Carthay Circle to Paradise Pier.

The Stores of Radiator Springs.

Below is a great blog post with a decription of each store in Cars Land. Do be cautious of the pictures as these were early designs and some details may have changed.

Rev up your engines Disney fans, and hang on, because I’m taking you on the inside track for a quick look at some of the stores racing your way this summer into Cars Land.

Our first destination will definitely have you putting on the brakes, because Radiator Springs Curios is sure to ‘drive’ you crazy for trading. Fill up on kitsch roadside must-haves like pins and Vinylmation themed to all things “Cars,” or grab some quick pick-me-up items like antenna toppers, window clings, license plate frames and magnets that are sure to make you the envy of others on the open road.

I’m going to need you to keep your cool for our next stop… because we are cruising into Ramone’s House of Body Art. This high-octane, garage-like environment has all the tools needed for you to hit the road in style. While some will race in to become a member of the Low & Slow Car Club Radiator Springs, the Champion Custom Speed Shop collection is sure to meet your need for speed with signature pin-stripe style and laid-back look which appears on a variety of shirts for work and play, hats and accessory items.

Next week, I’ll be able to give you a glimpse at some of the actual products from these collections. Until then, check out the renderings of the store fronts. Sweet, right?

Had enough? Me neither.

So finally it’s time to earn your stripes as you “march in” to the barracks of Sarge’s Surplus Hut, but don’t let its military-style characteristics fool you – it’s sure to get your engine racing. Don’t be fearful that you’ll have to “drop and give Sarge twenty,” because you’ll find that every inch of merchandise in this facility will pass “inspection” by the troops, with its broad selection of offerings featuring Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater and other classic “Cars” characters. From kids clothing, costumes and hats to novelty items, toys and plush, you will find all the necessary rations before you race on to your next adventure.

So where will you make your first pit stop? Radiator Spring’s Curios, Ramone’s House of Body Art or Sarge’s Surplus Hut?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...d-stores-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

I like it all except the statue, which I hate.

<------ You mean this statue? I love it and will get a nice copy if they make one. One of my biggest Disney merchandise regrets was not getting a Partners statue when they first came out.. ones issued after the first look tacky and not well made. My friend got the first issue (I was cheap and got the brass bas relief) and have regretrted it ever since. So..if they have a nice rendition of this, I'll buy it.

This is so exciting! Thanks for all the updates and links and information!!!!!

Cars Land Merchandise from Ramone's House of Body Art and Champion's Custom Speed Shop.

Land specific as many people have been hoping for.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...bination-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

Cruisin’ in style. Last week, I was able to give you a glimpse into what you can expect to find in some of our Cars Land locations. Well, wait no more, because I have your sneak peek at the actual product, hitting store shelves at Ramone’s House of Body Art this summer.

While I can’t show you everything, I tried to pick a few things that you might enjoy and that would give you the sense of what the Low & Slow Car Club is all about. You’ll find the logo and variations of it on an array of items, including – as you see above – shirts for work or play, hats and accessories.

Now, I can almost guarantee that you’ll hear the engines roar for this next collection, Champion’s Custom Speed Shop. This championship-winning line of merchandise depicts the classic car culture lifestyle. With its array of graphic tees for men and women, trucker and cabby hats, vintage Eisenhower-inspired coats and leather racing jackets, as well as custom tool-inspired drink ware, car plaques, and metal pin-stripe sculptures, this collection will have others saying Va-Va-Va-Vroom!

Are you geared up for either of these collections?

I know the official opening day of Carsland is June 15, but will anything be open before then? Any thing at all? Any stores? Or anything at all new in any area of the park?

Just curious. We are thinking of going in early June, and will miss the official opening date, but I was just wondering if there will be anything new to see at all, in any portion of DCA?

I know the official opening day of Carsland is June 15,

That's incorrect. There is no known official opening day. That's just a rumor.

There are also rumors of AP previews. There is also a possibility that there may be soft openings. A soft opening is unannounced, can be for a very short period of time and may have resrictions on who can ride during them.

When anything official is known I will add it to this thread.

That's incorrect. There is no known official opening day. That's just a rumor.

There are also rumors of AP previews. There is also a possibility that there may be soft openings. A soft opening is unannounced, can be for a very short period of time and may have resrictions on who can ride during them.

When anything official is known I will add it to this thread.

Oh, okay. My apologies. A friend told me it was officially June 15, but clearly that info was wrong. Thank you for your information.

Skiingfast,
Thanks for this thread and all the updates! We appreciate it. :thumbsup2
By any chance, do you know when the Ghiradelli shop will open and if the shop will take Ghiradelli gift cards? I hope they do because we love chocolate here! :)

By any chance, do you know when the Ghiradelli shop will open and if the shop will take Ghiradelli gift cards? I hope they do because we love chocolate here! :)

Officially late Spring. This may mean June. As far as GCs, probably not. Many third parties operate inside Disney park gates, and I don't think any accept thier own GCs and in a few instance not Disney GCs either.

Fill er Up

Cars Land food with some details. Looks great at they appear to be inspired and different as is the current trand with DLR food. It also mention breakfast, something that only early hours demand and has been rare in DCA.

The food is just as fun at the rest of spectacular Cars Land, with Disneyland Resort chefs having fun in the test kitchens. Here’s a sneak peek at some of their delicious creations debuting this summer.

With design inspired by the kitschy roadside eateries along on Route 66, Flo’s V8 Café starts with old-fashioned, filling breakfast dishes like chicken tamale with scrambled eggs, salsa verde and pico de gallo; or brioche French toast served with salted caramel and bananas. For lunch, we get a taste of the delicious, filling veggie-tater casserole with roasted veggies, bulgur wheat, Boca Crumbles and smashed red skin potatoes topped with melted cheddar. But it’s the sweet pies everyone’s waiting for, including apple-cheddar and cherry.

The adorable Cozy Cone Motel is a quick-service restaurant inspired by the quirky “wigwam” motels along Route 66. In the Cars Land version, each wigwam offers a different filled cone, such as “chili cone carne” or “cone on the cob.” Flavored popcorn is a fun offering at one of the five wigwams, including salt and vinegar, pickle, sweet and spicy, bacon and cheddar, and nacho cheese.

In the “Cars” movie, Fillmore is an advocate of natural products and makes his living by selling organic fuel, so Fillmore’s Taste-In is, appropriately, the spot for fresh fruit, bottled beverages and juices.

Stay tuned for more details – and the recipe for our favorite veggie-tater casserole.

Mmmmm, i saw this today. The pie looks wonderful! I love how Disney Parks Blog seems to have a new thing about Carsland just about every day. I'm getting really excited for its opening in just about 3 months. :cool1:

Also, I'm really looking forward to trying the pickle flavored popcorn. Pickles are my favorite food, so it should be interesting...

I love how Disney Parks Blog seems to have a new thing about Carsland just about every day. I'm getting really excited for its opening in just about 3 months. :cool1:

No doubt these videos are coming out often. It is surely to push the product that is going to get people to the gates. Very little about BVS tons about CL.

Oh wow! Just LOVED that blue cellar video. So exciting.....

Fan Video of the new video in Blue Sky Cellar.

Shows Imagineers talking about building Cars Land with many shots inside the land.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3T-EheyWEEQ#!

Being able to watch the video from afar, really raised my excitement.

Mmmm..sign me up for the brioche with salted caramel and bananas!! yummo! I like that they are being creative with the menu instead of selling the same ol stuff you can find elsewhere in the parks! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter