Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

Oh, okay. My apologies. A friend told me it was officially June 15, but clearly that info was wrong. Thank you for your information.
Looks like that date is official as of today. So glad I moved our trip by a week, so we will be there after the "official" opening.

So now we have an official opening date - horray! :cool1:

What is your best guess about what will happen in the week prior to the opening --
any chance for soft opens?
or maybe previews for resort guests?
will the crowds be lower because people will wait to visit until it is open?

We are there June 9-12 and hoping to get a chance to ride / explore.

thanking in advance for any insight / speculation you can provide.

What is your best guess about what will happen in the week prior to the opening --

My guess is that since they are closing the entire park on June 14 to prepare for the big opening day on the 15th, they aren't going to be having any soft opening for resort guests. I've heard of them having a preview day for AP holders, but nothing for resort guests when a new attraction or a big refurb, but nothing other than that.

My sister is taking her sons and my parents to Disney from the 1st through 5th of July. They're driving from Seattle and will stay overnight at my place in Northern California to break up the drive. My kids will be with their dad for summer break. I am seriously considering hitching a ride south with them.

My annual birthday trip is really turning into a semi-annual lets have a mob show up for an opening event! WOC opened two years ago exactly on my birthday and now Carsland will be a few days after. Sigh. Kind of fun I guess......... What's planned for 2014? :rotfl:

The chance of soft openings will be quite good. Who's to say about crowds? I would expect them to be normal June crowds but I don't know.

Whoo Hoo..won't be there until August but already excited (and dreading the crowds)

I'm pretty bummed at the height requirement on the RSR! DS won't be 40 inches by then, he's only 33 inches now :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter