Car slams into parade in WI

I'm surprised by this. I wonder if the Milwaukee judge will revoke his bail in either of those cases.
If they do, they should be ridiculed on social media until they resign. They should have revoked his bail when he didn't show up for court the first time. Instead, they let him walk.
I heard this afternoon that a state constitutional amendment will be introduced in the assembly when they come back in session that will allow judges to consider likelihood to commit more crimes as part of the bail determination.
Good idea, although a little late, and possibly just political posturing. Certainly the likelihood of future crimes should be one consideration.

Another should be the seriousness of the crime. If a person is charged with First Degree Murder, are you going to let them out to kill witnesses? In Florida, 1st degree murder and rape are two crimes for which judges may deny bail. It's not ironclad; judges have discretion and at least locally they tend to let them out.

When our town does parades they use vehicles to block the ends and Police presence is typical. Imho…
Unfortunately there are EVIL pathetic losers that walk this Earth on a daily basis, Intent on Hurting Others for Various Reasons. This was a Complete Failure on the Prosecutors Office as this particular
Air breather NEVER should have been out on 1000.oo for the Last allegations in the long listed history :(. .. including running someone down. Its own posts, words videos and Actions are abhorrent yet we don’t hear about that on the medias never ending loop of ..Outrage … why is that??

RIP to all those lost and the countless family members and friends Suffering, along with All the Injureds, and the witnesses to this Sickening Incident as again, imho… Not an Accident . I’m Tired of Excuses and I never thought I’d change my mind.. but I’m ready for Ridding Society …thru the legal system. Enough is Enough.

Something really bad has to be wrong with a person who lashes out and hurts strangers.

I can understand -- that is, I can get my head around the idea -- of being so angry with a person that you want to hurt them. Wrong, of course, but the idea is rational. But hurting people you don't even know? The mind boggles.

Something really bad has to be wrong with a person who lashes out and hurts strangers.

I can understand -- that is, I can get my head around the idea -- of being so angry with a person that you want to hurt them. Wrong, of course, but the idea is rational. But hurting people you don't even know? The mind boggles.
Imho… :( Women and children.. and elderly … the videos were very horrifying, listening to the ranting.
insidious Anger

The other thing you're missing is that this happened and was charged in less than 72 hours. Not a whole lot of time to find evidence of intention, many times these charges are amended many times between initial charging and when a trial actually happens.
Sure I get it now, I was being dramatic, the event wasn't a good enough reason for a rush, like lives are at stake or anything. Just another woman getting punched in the face and run over, BAU, no reason for alarm. Is this the thing you mean I was missing?

Sure I get it now, I was being dramatic, the event wasn't a good enough reason for a rush, like lives are at stake or anything. Just another woman getting punched in the face and run over, BAU, no reason for alarm. Is this the thing you mean I was missing?
I don't think that's what @EACarlson meant.

I'm having a very tough time understanding what anyone means who is defending the mistakes that took place, it is indefensible. This wasn't a case where someone suddenly changed out of the blue.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10234383/Darrell-Brooks-shot-nephew-fight-cell-phone.html
I'm sorry. I feel your pain and anger. I share them. I don't think anyone can defend this. I think everyone is trying to make sense of the craziness. And being normal, sane people... we just can't.

I'm having a very tough time understanding what anyone means who is defending the mistakes that took place, it is indefensible. This wasn't a case where someone suddenly changed out of the blue.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10234383/Darrell-Brooks-shot-nephew-fight-cell-phone.html
Charges change, sometimes drastically, between what is in the original charging document and what actually goes before a judge at trial. We are going to see this in the next couple months as the charges for other victims get added. Why the Milwaukee County DA and the Judge agreed to let him out for $1,000 I have no idea. Here is an article laying out what the DA told his underlings after being elected in 2007 about his low bail program. https://t.co/RoI3dmpO9w?amp=1 Unfortunately we here in WI have seen, especially in the last two years, what happens with this program, the number of felons that are committing other crimes while out on bail or probation for violent crimes is astonishing.
I heard yesterday he's had a warrant out of NV for the last 4 years for probation violations relating to the rape of a 15 year old. But since NV wouldn't pay to extradite, it was never executed any of the times he's been arrested in WI.

It’s really hard not to think of this as a domestic terrorist attack. He has posted hateful messages based on his ideology on social media, which of course has been deleted.
I also read that witnesses said he was zig zagging through the crowd in order to hit people.
If this isn’t an example of domestic terrorism I don’t know what is.

Last edited:
Im somewhat surprised that domestic terrorism doesn't apply here.
From law.cornell.com

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that— (A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State; (B) appear to be intended— (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States

More charges could be added once they study his social media, electronics and such, however, I though I heard one of the police officials saying that domestic terrorism charges do not apply in this case. I’m not sure how he/they came to that conclusion so quickly. Maybe someone can explain.

It’s really hard not to think of this as a domestic terrorist attack. He has posted hateful messages based on his ideology on social media, which of course has been deleted.
I also read that witnesses said he was zig zagging through the crowd in order to hit people.
If this isn’t an example
If this isn’t an example of domestic terrorism I don’t know what is.

From the videos I've seen it actually looked like he was swerving to avoid hitting people and other obstacles at times. Going for an open lane to speed through rather than just trying to hit everything he could.

From the videos I've seen it actually looked like he was swerving to avoid hitting people and other obstacles at times. Going for an open lane to speed through rather than just trying to hit everything he could.

Maybe, it’s possible the witnesses who said that are just traumatized. They were there, they saw everything though not just a clip of what the media decides to put out there.
Still he had a choice not to plow through a parade of people with his car. He chose to continue through killing and injuring.
If we label school shooters domestic terrorists surely this act qualifies, at least it should in the opinions of those in the media and on social media talking about who our greatest threat is.

Whether it fits the legal definition who knows, but IMO it should. Any act inciting fear in a large group is terrorism. That is how it should be.

Here is an article laying out what the DA told his underlings after being elected in 2007 about his low bail program. https://t.co/RoI3dmpO9w?amp=1 Unfortunately we here in WI have seen, especially in the last two years, what happens with this program, the number of felons that are committing other crimes while out on bail or probation for violent crimes is astonishing.
"Restorative justice" at work. This pro-offender philosophy seeks to keep bail low, jail sentences short, and take away the rights of victims to make victim-impact statements at sentencing.

I feel like normally when domestic terrorism is applied there's a certain intent, a specific intent. Have they said if they have any sort of idea what his intent was?

In terms of talking about shooting you go to a synagogue and you were there because you were trying to take out those you viewed a threat. That is more domestic terrorism than if you just went to say an outdoor space and started shooting people.

It's horrific regardless but that's sorta what I've seen with domestic terrorism. Not all vehicles that have been used in crowd situations have been considered domestic terrorism just by the act of using a vehicle into a crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter