Captain Hooks Pirate Crew

caliope

DIS Veteran
Our 6 year old did Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew at the Beach Club last night and LOVED it. From 4:30-8:30, he hunted for treasure, met Captain Hook, had dinner, and went on a boat cruise. He’d previously enjoyed Lilo’s Playhouse and the Sandcastle Club, before they closed, and he rated the Pirate Crew as even more fun. The CM at check in said they’d been running for a few weeks. Their capacity is 30 children but last night there were 7. We’d recommend it for anyone like looking for an evening “kids only” activity.

Our 6 year old did Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew at the Beach Club last night and LOVED it. From 4:30-8:30, he hunted for treasure, met Captain Hook, had dinner, and went on a boat cruise. He’d previously enjoyed Lilo’s Playhouse and the Sandcastle Club, before they closed, and he rated the Pirate Crew as even more fun. The CM at check in said they’d been running for a few weeks. Their capacity is 30 children but last night there were 7. We’d recommend it for anyone like looking for an evening “kids only” activity.

Thanks for posting this! I'm glad he had fun! We've got this booked for mid-June. We've used the kids clubs before and my 7-year-old always loved them. I was hoping to try the Pixar Play Zone so I could take my oldest daughter and her BFF out for a special 16th birthday dinner, so I was disappointed to hear it closed. I think my daughter will like the pirate crew, too, but it's always good to see a review!

Thank you for posting! I didn't realized they were serving dinner!

Thanks for posting this! I'm glad he had fun! We've got this booked for mid-June. We've used the kids clubs before and my 7-year-old always loved them. I was hoping to try the Pixar Play Zone so I could take my oldest daughter and her BFF out for a special 16th birthday dinner, so I was disappointed to hear it closed. I think my daughter will like the pirate crew, too, but it's always good to see a review!

They redecorated the former Sandcastle Club space to match the pirate motif and I think that also enhanced the experience. It was well-themed, in my opinion. All the children adopted pirate names, got a certificate signed by Captain Hook, and drew a treasure map. Though the hours were not as long as the former kids club hours, they packed in a lot of fun and my son was disappointed to leave. They did offer an extension to 9:30 for an additional $15 for families who needed that.

They redecorated the former Sandcastle Club space to match the pirate motif and I think that also enhanced the experience. It was well-themed, in my opinion. All the children adopted pirate names, got a certificate signed by Captain Hook, and drew a treasure map. Though the hours were not as long as the former kids club hours, they packed in a lot of fun and my son was disappointed to leave. They did offer an extension to 9:30 for an additional $15 for families who needed that.

Oh that extension is clutch - we were looking forward to Pixar Play Zone because the hours were more conducive to our date night plan and because it was so nicely themed. My son LOVES anything Pixar - but this looks like a great alternative. Now that I know they offer the extension in time that's perfect.

Oh that extension is clutch - we were looking forward to Pixar Play Zone because the hours were more conducive to our date night plan and because it was so nicely themed. My son LOVES anything Pixar - but this looks like a great alternative. Now that I know they offer the extension in time that's perfect.

We didn’t use the extension but the family checking in ahead of us did.

When you say it’s running for a few weeks, does that mean it’s a temporary thing? I was thinking of doing this for our trip in a January.

When you say it’s running for a few weeks, does that mean it’s a temporary thing? I was thinking of doing this for our trip in a January.

They’d “been running” for a few weeks...meaning they’d just opened. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. I’m hoping it sticks around too!

You mentioned “kids only.” Does this apply to dinner too? DGS has several severe food allergies that make that a bad idea for him.

You mentioned “kids only.” Does this apply to dinner too? DGS has several severe food allergies that make that a bad idea for him.
I would call and ask about the dinner before booking. Disney is pretty accommodating when it comes to food allergies.

@caliope Thanks for posting! I will definitely book a night out with dh!

Really glad to hear a good review for this!! We're staying at YC in a couple weeks and I have been debating whether to book this. My DD 7 was a little nervous about this so being able to tell her other kids have tried and loved it will definitely help.

Has anyone done this with a 4 year old? (My DS will have just turned 4.) Thanks!!

I was thinking of booking this for my 5 year old! Nice to hear some good reviews! Does anyone else have any feedback I would love to hear it!

I am thinking about adding it to our trip in August. The kids did the old pirate adventure that was in the AM last summer and had the best time. I am just curious about the food options - what did they offer for dinner and snacks?

I am thinking about adding it to our trip in August. The kids did the old pirate adventure that was in the AM last summer and had the best time. I am just curious about the food options - what did they offer for dinner and snacks?

There were several dinner options...I want to say Mac and cheese, chicken fingers, and maybe a few others also? Snacks were goldfish. Dessert had two choices but my son picked cupcake. It was a good sized cupcake too, not a miniature one. When you check in, you get a menu to make your selections. My son didn’t leave hungry. He actually didn’t finish his cupcake and they’d boxed it for him to take with him.

Thanks for posting this! We have my 5 yo and 4 yo booked for it in October. They did the 2 hr AM pirate cruise this past March and loved it.

Thanks for the review. We have this booked for the end of Aug. Great to hear your kid enjoyed it and the extension is great news!

Thanks so much for the review. We have this booked for a total of 10 kids ages 6-12 in the end of Aug. Is the extension $15 per kid or family? I'm assuming kid, but I want to make sure to pass the correct info along to everyone. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!