Can't make ADRs!

Came up at 7:45. Got everything I wanted. I’ll have to decide which one or two to cancel later- just wanted to get our top choices now before it opens up for the free dining people.

Came up at 7:45. Got everything I wanted. I’ll have to decide which one or two to cancel later- just wanted to get our top choices now before it opens up for the free dining people.

Okay, what am I missing?

I wanted a 1900 Park Fare Dinner - nothing prior to 7:40 available for 180+1.
I got the other restaurants on my list, but not in the order I had planned. I'm adjusting the order, but that 1900 Park Fare Dinner is important to me, and I'd like a BOG breakfast that morning. I got BOG the next day (180+2), so now we park hop.

I plan on using the TP reservation finder, but maybe I was a little too optimistic about getting the restaurants I wanted at the times too?

For the record, I wanted 1900 Park Fare, BOG breakfast or lunch, Tusker House ROL package, Garden Grill, and Chef Mickey's. We're going to do the Candlelight Processional with GG but I wanted to get a restaurant booked. I got all the restaurants I wanted, but the times are all wrong. I've got a toddler and a 7:40 pm dinner is going to be rough.

It drives me crazy how glitchy the Disney Dining reservation system is. I don’t think Disney worries about the problem because the popular restaurants will book, anyway!

UGH this is not what I want to read when my ADR's can be booked on Sunday! Glad it finally opened up for you all!!!

Okay, what am I missing?

I wanted a 1900 Park Fare Dinner - nothing prior to 7:40 available for 180+1.
I got the other restaurants on my list, but not in the order I had planned. I'm adjusting the order, but that 1900 Park Fare Dinner is important to me, and I'd like a BOG breakfast that morning. I got BOG the next day (180+2), so now we park hop.

I plan on using the TP reservation finder, but maybe I was a little too optimistic about getting the restaurants I wanted at the times too?

For the record, I wanted 1900 Park Fare, BOG breakfast or lunch, Tusker House ROL package, Garden Grill, and Chef Mickey's. We're going to do the Candlelight Processional with GG but I wanted to get a restaurant booked. I got all the restaurants I wanted, but the times are all wrong. I've got a toddler and a 7:40 pm dinner is going to be rough.

I got- Akershus lunch 180+2, BOG lunch 180+4, Coral Reef lunch 180+5, BOG ppo breakfast 180+6, Garden Grill lunch 180+6 and Trattoria al Forno Bon Voyage breakfast at 180+7. The further into your trip you look, the more availability you should see because that date has opened for fewer people, know what I mean? So you might need to shuffle days around or just keep checking back.

UGH this is not what I want to read when my ADR's can be booked on Sunday! Glad it finally opened up for you all!!!
Hopefully It will go smooth for you. This was the only year that I ever had an issue. I was told that they always do "enhancements" on the website from 4-6am & that it went unexpectedly longer. Go figure! Best wishes with some pixie dust!

Well, I am 13 days out from my trip and I have no issues getting dining...so, don't worry about getting things now for your trips 6 months away!

We typically book day-of or a few weeks out and have never had an issue...

Is anyone having difficulty booking today as well? I've been trying for the last 30 minutes and nothing will go through.

I'm staying on site for 10 days and whilst I can see available times for all 10 days it won't let me book anything. There's only so many times you can see 'Sorry for the "Paws" before you feel like throwing something at the computer screen!

Well, I am 13 days out from my trip and I have no issues getting dining...so, don't worry about getting things now for your trips 6 months away!

We typically book day-of or a few weeks out and have never had an issue...

The problem is, some of us booking ADR’s this month are booking for Christmas week. Typically, once a popular restaurant is gone, it’s really gone.

Seems like some people could get in because I sat there watching times disappear. I’m stuck doing a split stay cause pop was full wed, so now two mornings in a row I got to wake up early for the system not to work!

Side note, I can actually still make reservations in the app but the app is a bit unstable and I can’t actually view any of my plans without it crashing.

Last edited:
I could make (and cancel) reservations just a few minutes ago.

Do I expect Disney to be perfect? No. But they do have the resources to have a tech staff. This Dining System is their plan, not mine, and I'm frustrated that someone reported the system was offline on Thursday, remained offline until about 745 am Friday, and people are still reporting problems. This wasn't and isn't "magical maintenance". It isn't fair some people get to access it for their 180 day mark and others struggle with the technology and watch reservations disappear.

That's my minor rant. I'd rather the system stay offline until they know it works. At least with the phone calls we all have a fair shot at getting through.

I ended up getting what I wanted for my daughter's birthday the day after her birthday. I'm gonna keep that unless I can find through Touring Plans the reservations times I wanted on her birthday. Her birthday is a Party day, which may be a problem.

The problem is, some of us booking ADR’s this month are booking for Christmas week. Typically, once a popular restaurant is gone, it’s really gone.

Oops - my math was off... was thinking first few weeks of December....which I have never had issues with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter