***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

Good luck on getting your ressie! Even if you dont get it tomorrow I am sure if you stalk it for the next two months you will get it.
We have 3 planned HS days. Hopefully we will get a ROTR boarding group one of those days, and if not, ToT is one of my husbands favorite rides at all of WDW, so he would be happy with that. I figure, if we dont get it this trip,I have more ammunition to plan yet another trip.
BOG dinner isn’t as hard to get as it used to be since it went to a fixed price ($62 per adult I think) and there is currently no dining plan.

Sending pixie dust!!
I logged on exactly at 6am this morning and couldn’t get BOG for dinner. Most days didn’t have any times open. And the couple of times that we listed were early, like 4pm and wouldn’t load if I clicked on it. I’ll keep trying and maybe get lucky later.
:)

I logged on exactly at 6am this morning and couldn’t get BOG for dinner. Most days didn’t have any times open. And the couple of times that we listed were early, like 4pm and wouldn’t load if I clicked on it. I’ll keep trying and maybe get lucky later.
:)
You sound like you have been a lot, like us, so you probably already know all the angles, but wondering (if its just the 2 of you) if you tried looking for tables of 3 or 4 also.

We do go several times a year. :) I haven’t tried looking for a different size table but I have had some luck using the reservation finder from Turning Plans. :)
You might try it and see what it yields. They dont have many 2 people tables so if i cant find what i want at the time i want it, i put in for 3 and usually a bunch of times pop up. Then i will try to modify everyday but if i cant, i just tell them on arrival that there are only 2 of us and they could care less.
heck, they usually end up seating us at a table for 4 even when i do book for only 2.

You might try it and see what it yields. They dont have many 2 people tables so if i cant find what i want at the time i want it, i put in for 3 and usually a bunch of times pop up. Then i will try to modify everyday but if i cant, i just tell them on arrival that there are only 2 of us and they could care less.
heck, they usually end up seating us at a table for 4 even when i do book for only 2.

I’ve had to do this pre Covid for when I go solo sometimes. Sci-Fi in particular is hard to get for under a party of 4.

I’ve had to do this pre Covid for when I go solo sometimes. Sci-Fi in particular is hard to get for under a party of 4.
Yes! My brother and some of my hubbys co-workers have to do that also when they go solo.
Everyone I know has been told by CM’s that as long as one person shows up, they don't care.

Dining window opened this morning for us and I was able to get what we wanted - Homecomin brunch on Mother's day, Sci-Fi on the 4th, Beaches & Cream for my niece's birthday. Via Napoli and Skipper's.

Got Boathouse for arrival but not 100% sold on it since we have kids that might enjoy something more "fun" for our first night. Might do RFC or TRex (I have a Landry's card) or was thinking of Splittsville if they are open for bowling.

Yes! My brother and some of my hubbys co-workers have to do that also when they go solo.
Everyone I know has been told by CM’s that as long as one person shows up, they don't care.

This has been my experience as well. All my trips are either solo or at most one other person (my partner). There just aren’t many 2 seater tables at the really popular restaurants on property. I tend to try more for 4 people when I don’t have luck and modify but if I can’t they really don’t care as long as at least 1 person shows.

Hello!
My friends and I are planning a last minute trip for the first week of May since we had to cancel our Nov 2020 plans.
I've never been during this time - how's the weather?
I've been in January and Sept - so have experienced very cold and very hot/muggy.

Hello!
My friends and I are planning a last minute trip for the first week of May since we had to cancel our Nov 2020 plans.
I've never been during this time - how's the weather?
I've been in January and Sept - so have experienced very cold and very hot/muggy.
May is our favorite time to go. Normally the crowds during the early part of May are low (who knows this year) and the weather is warm and sunny. And you will get the Flower & Garden Festival!

Dining window opened this morning for us and I was able to get what we wanted - Homecomin brunch on Mother's day, Sci-Fi on the 4th, Beaches & Cream for my niece's birthday. Via Napoli and Skipper's.

Got Boathouse for arrival but not 100% sold on it since we have kids that might enjoy something more "fun" for our first night. Might do RFC or TRex (I have a Landry's card) or was thinking of Splittsville if they are open for bowling.
I'm glad you got what you wanted, those are many I want for May 7th. I've been searching and most seem to be booked at 6am, but I do have a party of 8, so this could be very difficult. I think Sci Fi and Beaches and Cream will be my most difficult.

I'm glad you got what you wanted, those are many I want for May 7th. I've been searching and most seem to be booked at 6am, but I do have a party of 8, so this could be very difficult. I think Sci Fi and Beaches and Cream will be my most difficult.
I think I read something about Disney not having tables bigger than 6 available to book. We are 6 so I was pretty worried about availability with all the restrictions and limited seating.

Was very surprised that I was able to get what I got - the 4th at DHS Is May the Fourth, and last Mother's Day the Homecomin brunch was a bear to get.

For 8ppl I would look for 2 tables of 4 and hope they can sit you together. Or maybe try calling, I know there is a number for big parties - I would think 8 would be considered big at this time.

I have seen tables of 8 at Beaches and Cream but I think there were only 2 of them.

SciFi would be harder since the majority of the cars hold six people. There are some cars that hold four people, too.

My husband and I got our first doses yesterday! So we are officially, official for our May trip! We are doing a split stay between Dolphin (first time!) and Contemporary. I didn't even realize our trip fell over Mother's Day when I made our reservations. Decided breakfast at Topolino's was in order. I've heard such great things. That is our resort switch day so we are going to do that and then take the kids over to AOA to see the Cars. The weather is finally warming up here in the midwest. I can literally feel the brighter days ahead. 😊

We’re officially booked for a May trip (5/5 - 5/15). We had originally planned on going to Jamaica in May but they just came out with a mandatory COVID test before coming back and we can’t risk being stuck out of the country.

Still, I’m pretty darn excited I get to go back to my favorite place...Disney! It’s a heck of a lot better than when we all lost our May trips last year (Damn you, COVID!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter