Can't decide POFQ or ASMu

PIRATEGIRL007

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab
I made reservations with best rate program for ASMu a few weeks ago. We are going Dec 5-14. I really wanted to stay at POFQ, but there were no rooms available when I booked. Since getting the new 60 day timeframe for Best Rate, there are now rooms available at POFQ. Can I change my reservations to POFQ and not be penalized and how would I do this? and is it worth it? The difference is going to be about $220. The only value resort I have stayed at is Pop Century, and I have stayed at Carribbean Beach. Of the 2 I really enjoyed CB much more, less noise and less kids (2 adults only on trip). I was also thinking that POFQ would be more decorated for Christmas, than ASMu. Can anyone offer any advice on the POFQ resort and would it be better to switch?

Thanks in advance

Tabitha

Sept 2002- Carribbean Beach
Sept 2004 - Pop Century
Dec 2005- All Star Music or Port Oreans Frech Quarter

I have not stayed at POFQ but I have read some very nice threads on it.
I have however stayed at All Stars 4 times.
Here is some info:
The rooms at POP and at the ALL stars are both 260 square feet. They are also laid out the same.

The PC rooms seem smaller because the bed is closer to the door with a bigger gap being between the bathroom wall and the far bed. At All-Stars this gap is quite a bit wider.

http://allearsnet.com/acc/asmv59.jpg
http://allearsnet.com/acc/popcent56.jpg

You will notice in PC pic the bed is closer to the door by looking at how close the headboard is while at Movies you have a little more room.
The beds at POP are Bolted to the floor so you can't move them.
You can move the beds at All Stars so if you want to you could push one the beds against the wall so you will have more usuable floor space.

All Stars is my favorite resort.

I am 55 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe resorts do not have anything special for me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

All Star Music is my favorite.It is quieter because more couples stay there. I love staying at the Clypso building. It is closer to the pool,food court and bus stop.

Here is a site with a map of All Star Sports and All Star Music.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmap.htm
Scroll down.All Star Music is at the bottom of the page.
The Calypso buildings at All Star Music are #1 and #10 are nearest to the food court and bus stop.
They are the preferred buildings and cost about $12 extra per night.
The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

Here is the map of All Movies.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmovie.JPG
The Fantasia Buildings are the preferred buildings.
The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.
It is a great place to stay .
Preschoolers love it.
It is like being in the middle of a Disney Movie Fantasyland.

The buses are wonderful.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---CSR buses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----15 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----15 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------10 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------35 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot,MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

The All Star resorts have 1960 rooms each.
Pop has 2,880rooms.
That means more people in the pools,food court and in line waiting for the bus at POP.
When phase 2 of POP is built it will be 2 bus stops at POP and the 2 POPs will have the same # of rooms as the 3 All Stars.

Also All Star is closer to the main road to get to parks and thats why bus rides are shorter from there than from POP.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING:

It is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes its all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

I love the All Star Resorts --they can't be beat. I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new. I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theaming is pure Disney.
My last 4 visits have been at The All Stars and this fall when we take dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 we are staying at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit.
Where else can one find Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse at the pool?
Have a great time at Disney!
Linda ::MinnieMo

If I had to choose.....I would stay at the POFQ. I have stayed at both and the POFQ is my all time favorite. It is absolutely beautiful and I can only imagine how it would look at Christmas. Spend the extra money....it is well worth it.

I've stayed at both POFQ and AsSp, and I'd say stay at thhe AS if you don't plan to stay in the room much. If you're mostly going to go commando, *** is definatly the better choice.

Due to finances, and the desire for a LONGER trip (when 10 days at a Value = 4 at a Deluxe, we'll take the former) we will be staying at ASMu for the first time in Oct. Apparently those 7 nights at the Dolphin in the heat of Spring Break this past March really broke the bank!! :rolleyes1 LOL But SOOO worth it. I have to admit, we were dissapointed at first because both POP and ASMo were N/A with free dining for our dates and we got stuck with ASMu. But now we're getting kind of excited about it. After reading about the resort, we've learned that it's very different, very cute, and generally the most quiet of the AS's. Don't get me wrong, we LOVE POP, but it will be nice to stay at a new resort and see the difference!! Although, to be honest, if I could get DBF to shell our the extra cash for 10 days at a MOD, I'd probably do that... ;)

I did it. I just called and asked to cxl my ASMu reservation. The CM told me to book the new room first wait for the confirmation and then cxl the old room. So I know have officially booked a room at POFQ. Thanks for all you help in deciding.

Tabitha

Sept 2004- Pop Century
Dec 2005- PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PIRATEGIRL007 said:
I did it. I just called and asked to cxl my ASMu reservation. The CM told me to book the new room first wait for the confirmation and then cxl the old room. So I know have officially booked a room at POFQ. Thanks for all you help in deciding.

Tabitha

Sept 2004- Pop Century
Dec 2005- PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You won't regret it! Went to POR in june and loved it so much that we are going back in January to celabrate New Year and our twin girls 6th B-Day!!!
POFQ is VERY ROMANTIC! Have a wonderfull trip!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Tabitha -

You won't regret your choice. We stayed at Caribbean Beach in Feb 04 and enjoyed it. We stayed at POFQ this past Feb and LOVED IT.......

We are going again Feb 2006 and we have included extended family this time.

You made the right choice....enjoy your stay.

Ahhhh

Warm Beignets in the morning.

Enuf said.....POFQ is the only way to go!!!!

My vote is definitely for the French Quarter. That is my absolute FAVORITE moderate resort. I love that it's small and compact, so it's easy to get everywhere. I loved getting up early and just strolling around the property, listening to the soft music playing in the background and looking at the quaint little fountains.

I liked the Music, but would definitely spend the extra $200 for the FQ. Also, I did not find it with as many kids as the values.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter