Candy Cane Inn Review with Pictures

Anyone stayed here recently? Any updated reviews?

I stayed march 12-17 2013 & stayed last April (2012).
Both time I was super happy with it. My last visit I upgraded to a premium room and had our breakfast delivered to us- that was well worth it :)

We are presently staying at the CCI. We are really enjoying it! We have a premium room and love that we can order our breakfast to be delivered to our room. It is fairly quiet at the back of the hotel and are my girls(4.5 and 7) really enjoy the pools although the main pool is a bit too cold! We had a nice complimentary basket of granola bars, popcorn and treats. We also get two complimentary water bottles in our room daily. We walk easily( I'm 20 weeks pregnant) and its about 10 minutes to the gate(we walk fast through!). All in all its been great and I will definitely book here again!

OP here. I stayed here most recently this past November and booked another stay for this July. Ever since I posted that first review, we have returned to CCI for our DLR tirps. We always get two discounts- AAA and the return customer discount. Now that our boys are in college and we travel without them, we have been staying in the standard room and have found it a good size for two people. Or if you have smaller children.

We've been having better luck with our wi-fi so maybe that's improved, or maybe we've just had good locations. Coffee is still yucky to me, but DH drinks it. I have a cup from our own Keurig in the room before going down to breakfast. Every trip the staff has been wonderful and friendly.

Oh, last summer we were on the first floor and either the people above us were especially noisy (it sounded like they were having a suitcase tossing contest) or we were under a creaky spot. Or both! Never had that happen before, but now we call a few days before our trip and request a second floor room.

Oh, if anyone has pics of the premium room, feel free to post them in the thread and I will mention it on the first page. I know we'll never stay in that one so I won't have pics to post of it.

Seriously considering CCI for a Spring Break 2014 trip. We'd get a premium room, but we'd also need a roll away (dh & I and our kids will be 19, 18 and 14). Anyone done a rollaway in a premium or deluxe room?

Also... places to eat nearby? We're also considering Disney hotels but we're concerned because in 2009 we really disliked the food choices at DL in particular. If we stay at a Disney hotel, we're pretty much limited to Disney food. Last trip we stayed at HoJo and ate Mimi's quite a bit. What's close to CCI?

Seriously considering CCI for a Spring Break 2014 trip. We'd get a premium room, but we'd also need a roll away (dh & I and our kids will be 19, 18 and 14). Anyone done a rollaway in a premium or deluxe room?

Also... places to eat nearby? We're also considering Disney hotels but we're concerned because in 2009 we really disliked the food choices at DL in particular. If we stay at a Disney hotel, we're pretty much limited to Disney food. Last trip we stayed at HoJo and ate Mimi's quite a bit. What's close to CCI?
We do a roll away in the premium room. Works out fine.

As for food, it is the one negative. Closest is probably Tony Romas.

The Garden Walk is within easy walking distance. Restaurants there include California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump's, McCormick & Schmick, and P F Chang's.

I would say with some certainty that the food at DLR is almost completely different from 2009. Honestly, about two years ago, I vetoed almost every single restaurant on property as "totally gross". We just visited last week (2013) and they have a ton of new choices. I can't say I had a bad meal anywhere. It was all good.

I would say with some certainty that the food at DLR is almost completely different from 2009. Honestly, about two years ago, I vetoed almost every single restaurant on property as "totally gross". We just visited last week (2013) and they have a ton of new choices. I can't say I had a bad meal anywhere. It was all good.

I agree! They have done some some big overhauling of menus over the past few years. Places I would never eat before are now on my favorites list. And you have some new places in DCA that weren't there before at all- Flo's, Carthay Circle...

One day we walked to Bubba Gumps from CCI and enjoyed that. I'm also thinking I saw a sandwhich place across the street (Subway? ) But who would go there with new, very reasonably priced Earl of Sandwhich now open in DTD?

My last visit I upgraded to a premium room and had our breakfast delivered to us- that was well worth it :)

We have a premium room and love that we can order our breakfast to be delivered to our room.
Glad to hear you think it was worth it - we've booked premium rooms because one of my DDs is terrible at getting going in the morning and I thought if breakfast is delivered it may speed her up a bit!
Oh, if anyone has pics of the premium room, feel free to post them in the thread and I will mention it on the first page. I know we'll never stay in that one so I won't have pics to post of it.

We are going in August so if no one posts any in the meantime I'll post mine on our return. :goodvibes

Glad to hear you think it was worth it - we've booked premium rooms because one of my DDs is terrible at getting going in the morning and I thought if breakfast is delivered it may speed her up a bit!

We are going in August so if no one posts any in the meantime I'll post mine on our return. :goodvibes

Great! Thanks!

I've just booked the CCI again for this summer and realised that I'd never posted any photos of the premium room ..... will rectify this later today, apologies for the delay :blush:

I've just booked the CCI again for this summer and realised that I'd never posted any photos of the premium room ..... will rectify this later today, apologies for the delay :blush:
It's never too late! I just checked and glad to see the links for the pictures made the transfer to the new boards! I understand now we can post pics directly but I haven't tried it yet.
We went to WDW last summer so I haven't been to CCI since 2013. I"ll update things if needed after my July trip. Unless someone else wants to post some more recent pics if anything has changed.

I am so appreciative of the reviews - thanks to everyone who has contributed! I have been on the fence between CCI and Hojo's, but this reassures me CCI is a good choice. We had to book an accessible premium room because that was all that was available, but I really hate being on the first floor...one person mentioned noise above them, has anyone else noticed noisy floors above them? I would really not like that!

We only had that happen to us once. And I haven't heard anyone else say anything about it so maybe it was an odd thing. One good thing I like about the first floor is you can usually park right in front of your room.

We had a first floor room last summer and it was great. No noise, parked right outside and loved not having stairs with our strollers. We were at one of the far corners so that secret entrance into DCA would have been awesome! ;)

Have a great trip!

Here goes then, photos of a premium room (was a connecting room hence the door next to the beds) taken August 2013P1010145 (600 x 450).jpg P1010152 (600 x 450).jpg P1010158 (600 x 450).jpg P1010146 (600 x 450).jpg P1010148 (600 x 450).jpg P1010149 (600 x 450).jpg

Photos showing Carsland behind the premium rooms - we loved being able to hear the ride when we were leaving our room but couldn't hear anything inside it, it was very quiet.

P1010508 (600 x 450).jpg P1010509 (600 x 450).jpg P1010510 (600 x 450).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter