Candlelight Processional?? Thoughts...

lobsterkmd

Mouseketeer
So I originally booked the Candlelight Processional a couple months ago. Whoopi Goldberg was scheduled to speak and I was able to get La Hacienda for a decent time.

Now, Whoopi cancelled and will be replaced with Geena Davis (which is great as well), but with a pretty full schedule I am not really sure if it's worth it to go. Has anyone been to it and have any recommendations for me traveling with my 9 year old daughter??

If it's something you shouldn't miss then I will definitely do it- but if it is just so/so... I may cancel.

Thanks!

Kristin

I will preface my statement with the fact that a.) I am a huge music lover. Music is the way into my soul, lol. So anything that involves such wonderful music arrangements is just amazing to me. And b.) I am a huge Christmas fanatic. I love Christmas, everything about it. The music, the Christmas story, the feeling in the air....blah blah blah....

Those two things being said, I personally love Candlelight, and do not miss it if I am there. I make sure I have a dining package so I am set with a seat. I recommend it to anyone! It is not so/so! I love it!

I really thought this would be fun and we already have an ADR @ Les Chefs de France on one of the evenings they're doing the processional. We're on the dining plan, so do we still have to pay the set price, or is there some sort of discount/different pricing if you use the DxDP to pay for your dinner?

CP packages are a separate inventory for restaurant seating and can't be added to a normal ADR, the amount of packages is limited by the show seating. You can always check that a CP package is available with your chosen restaurant and make that reservation, then cancel your normal ADR.

With the dining plans all CP packages are 2 credits per person, even at normally 1 credit restaurants, and include your meal and seating. Not reserved seats, but reserved areas and the package holders are let in first. If you're late you are not guaranteed a seat even with the package. There is a separate line for CP package reservations, and another for standby seating.

Without a CP package seating is free, but you have to wait in the standby section and wait to see what seating is left. It's not uncommon to wait through an entire show to get standby seating for the next one, depending on your date and narrator.

Thanks Tinka Belle - that was really helpful. (and thanks lobsterkmd for asking in the first place - it's helped me, too!) :thumbsup2

So, is the cp something that young kids might like, or is this more for the older crowd?

I think it just depends on the kid. Because I know that I would have loved it as a kid with all the Christmas music, and the huge choir....some kids couldn't care less about music! The nice thing is that it's not super long, and it's constantly flowing. And there are certain elements that would definitely catch kids interest.....though how long it would be held, again, is up to the individual child.

That probably doesn't help much. :rotfl: Sorry.

My DS8 was interested in it for about half the show. I had to give him the "momma look" and he refocused to finish with no problems.. I found it to be a very engaging program and didn't notice many kids getting too impatient. It was totally worth it for all of us to do it once. We all liked it. However, I don't know that I could get DS to do it again though.

I think a 9 year old girl would be old enough to appreciate it.

Thank you all for your help! Turns out I will have to cancel it anyway, because my mother is joining us last minute... Ohh the fun! So unless we can schedule it another night- I think we are going to have to pass this year!

I think it just depends on the kid. Because I know that I would have loved it as a kid with all the Christmas music, and the huge choir....some kids couldn't care less about music! The nice thing is that it's not super long, and it's constantly flowing. And there are certain elements that would definitely catch kids interest.....though how long it would be held, again, is up to the individual child.

That probably doesn't help much. :rotfl: Sorry.

My DS8 was interested in it for about half the show. I had to give him the "momma look" and he refocused to finish with no problems.. I found it to be a very engaging program and didn't notice many kids getting too impatient. It was totally worth it for all of us to do it once. We all liked it. However, I don't know that I could get DS to do it again though.

I think a 9 year old girl would be old enough to appreciate it.

Thanks! This helps me out a lot, actually. :lovestruc

OP -- FYI, you don't have to have a restaurant reservation or even a seat in the viewing area to watch and/or listen to CP. You can just be walking by and stand and watch and listen to some or all of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter