Cancel-able reservations in Disney Springs?

ClapYourHands

DIS Veteran
In addition to the Disney trip I promised her this fall, I am considering APs, and taking DD a couple of times for quick trips (her last year of preschool, so by fall 2020 we will be tied to school calendar), but it's going to have to be when the stars align (time off approved, cheap flights, and cheap rates). I feel like the easiest piece of the puzzle is to book something refundable a while out, and then work on the flights and PTO requests, but I'd like to have some choice in where we stay.

We are probably going in September, so last night I went ahead and booked the Best Western. When I was looking, it was the only DS hotel that didn't have much higher rates if I wanted to book a refundable option. For those of you who are DS vets, are there other DS hotels that sometimes have refundable bookings at lower rates? I realize for non-Disney hotels, rates fluctuate all the time, so is it just a fluke with my current search or are the lower rates at the others basically never refundable?

I have booked at the Doubletree in Disney Springs. I went directly through the Hilton App since I am an honors member and wanted to accumulate the points towards future stays. We ended up renting a condo instead so I cancelled and it was no problem. I am pretty sure I could cancel at least 3-5 days before the reservation without penalty and the nightly rate was reasonable.

The Disney Springs Hotels do operate a little different in terms of discounting when compared to Disney Resorts. While Disney sets discounts many months in advance, the Disney Springs Hotels does the opposite. They tend to wait and only offer discounts for the current and sometimes next "season."

Currently, there is a Summer Fun Sale that is good through August 28, 2019. At some point in the next couple of weeks, a fall special will be released. You'll see if posted at the Disney Springs Hotels' marketing website.

https://disneyspringshotels.com/
Now, aside from that type of discount, each of the hotels may participate in chain-wide discounts. More often than not, these types of discounts are pretty good but they are also non-refundable/non-changeable. For example, some Hilton-branded hotels (including Hilton and DoubleTree) run the "Another Day in Paradise" promotion which is a stay 3 nights and get a 4th night free. The big catch is that it is doesn't allow changes or cancelations.

So my best guess is that your trip dates are too far out to see anything except those non-flexible discounts.

One suggestion would be to check out affiliation rates like AAA. In lots of cases, AAA rates have more reasonable cancelation periods without being drastically more expensive.

Hilton brand properties are generally refundable unless you go for the very lowest rate. They usually have a 48 hour cancellation rate, a four day cancellation rate, and a no cancellation rate. They also have AAA rates, which have always fallen under the 48 hour policy any time I have used them. If you join Hilton Honors, they offer discounts on the 48 hour and four day cancellation rates.

Disney springs best western had a refundable rate as long as it was booked 30 days out I think

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter