Can you use a Fire Stick at resorts

See my post above - get an extension cable that allows you to move the stick around a bit. Sometimes the area behind the TV is bad if the signal is already not the greatest to begin with.
The problem at CCV was the limited wifi connection throughout the room, not just behind the TV. It was a problem on phones, w/ laptop, everything.

If you have unlimited data on your cell phone you can always give the fire stick a hotspot.
Cell signal was too weak too - 1-2 bars throughout the room. Don't know if it's resort-wide, or just further out on the wing (one of the last rooms), or a problem within the building vs. outside, etc. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm hoping it's better on our trip coming up in 3 weeks (unlikely they've improved anything on Disney's end since August, but maybe we'll be luckier with a different room) since we intend to have the kids keep up on their school work as they are in hybrid learning and do half their week online as well as a weekly Zoom lesson.

Cell signal was too weak too - 1-2 bars throughout the room. Don't know if it's resort-wide, or just further out on the wing (one of the last rooms), or a problem within the building vs. outside, etc. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm hoping it's better on our trip coming up in 3 weeks (unlikely they've improved anything on Disney's end since August, but maybe we'll be luckier with a different room) since we intend to have the kids keep up on their school work as they are in hybrid learning and do half their week online as well as a weekly Zoom lesson.
🤞 you get better signal then it’s definitely frustrating since we are so dependent on an internet connection and computers for everyday life.

Ill let you know, ill be at CCV starting next weekend in a studio and one bedroom and use the internet 100% for my work (Although I have my phone hotspot as a backup if its bad). If I have a problem I will complain since they need to know that there are issues and they need to resolve them resort wide. Its sad when the hotel WiFi is better then the room WiFi.

We have done this for years and last week at GFV specifically to your question. Had a fire stick in both the master and the family room (were in a 1BR). No issues ever. The outlet is right behind the tv which pulls out easily on the wall mount bracket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter