Can you take an outlet extender?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean' started by Princess Katelet, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Princess Katelet

Princess Katelet Mouseketeer

I don't know what these are called, but you plug it into the outlet and it has three outlets on it so you extend the one outlet into three. It's not a power strip or extension cord, which I think are forbidden. I'm worried there won't be enough outlets in the (basic, not suite, not fancy) room.

2. hdrolfe

hdrolfe DIS Veteran

I use one of these and have had no issues. Different cruise lines and ships.
    [​IMG]

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Meriweather

Meriweather Being a Nana is my superpower

Yes, we take one all the time

5. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

Yeah those will work. Although so much stuff is charged by USB nowadays that I’ve found that a multi-port charger (like the Anker one) is actually more useful.

6. Meriweather

Meriweather Being a Nana is my superpower

We take that too, but my toothbrush needs charging, DH has a CPAP machine, so our outlets can fill fast.

starvenger likes this.
  7. starvenger

starvenger DIS Veteran

Fair enough. Although I’m sure the day will come that a CPAP can be charged via USB. Not anytime soon, I imagine, but one day.

8. Denise W

Denise W Disney Veteran

RCCL recently announced that you cannot take anything with a power surge protector. People have reported on Cruise Critic that their regular extension cords without surge protectors were taken. So be careful about what you take on board.
    Denise

3monkeys4me, SteveH and msjprincess like this.
  9. msjprincess

msjprincess DIS Veteran

3monkeys4me and Denise W like this.
  10. Denise W

Denise W Disney Veteran

I purchased that in June after seeing the link on Cruise Critic. I have used it on two cruises since then and had no problems bringing it onboard. I had it in my carryon bag, not checked luggage.
    Denise

11. 3monkeys4me

3monkeys4me Mouseketeer

We travel in either 2 or 3 rooms so we don't generally have an issue with enough outlets but I do bring a USB (with multiple ports) European adaptor and/or a simple plug adaptor so that we can use the 220 outlet for some stuff as well.