Can you take an outlet extender?

Princess Katelet

Mouseketeer
I don't know what these are called, but you plug it into the outlet and it has three outlets on it so you extend the one outlet into three. It's not a power strip or extension cord, which I think are forbidden. I'm worried there won't be enough outlets in the (basic, not suite, not fancy) room.

hdrolfe

DIS Veteran
I use one of these and have had no issues. Different cruise lines and ships.

• starvenger

DIS Veteran
    Yeah those will work. Although so much stuff is charged by USB nowadays that I’ve found that a multi-port charger (like the Anker one) is actually more useful.

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
    Yeah those will work. Although so much stuff is charged by USB nowadays that I’ve found that a multi-port charger (like the Anker one) is actually more useful.
    We take that too, but my toothbrush needs charging, DH has a CPAP machine, so our outlets can fill fast.

starvenger

DIS Veteran
    Fair enough. Although I’m sure the day will come that a CPAP can be charged via USB. Not anytime soon, I imagine, but one day.

Denise W

Disney Veteran
    RCCL recently announced that you cannot take anything with a power surge protector. People have reported on Cruise Critic that their regular extension cords without surge protectors were taken. So be careful about what you take on board.
    Denise

• 3monkeys4me

DIS Veteran
    We travel in either 2 or 3 rooms so we don't generally have an issue with enough outlets but I do bring a USB (with multiple ports) European adaptor and/or a simple plug adaptor so that we can use the 220 outlet for some stuff as well.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates