Can you take an outlet extender?

Princess Katelet

Mouseketeer
I don't know what these are called, but you plug it into the outlet and it has three outlets on it so you extend the one outlet into three. It's not a power strip or extension cord, which I think are forbidden. I'm worried there won't be enough outlets in the (basic, not suite, not fancy) room.

I use one of these and have had no issues. Different cruise lines and ships.
615t7%2B2m8vL._SX355_.jpg

Yeah those will work. Although so much stuff is charged by USB nowadays that I’ve found that a multi-port charger (like the Anker one) is actually more useful.

Yeah those will work. Although so much stuff is charged by USB nowadays that I’ve found that a multi-port charger (like the Anker one) is actually more useful.

We take that too, but my toothbrush needs charging, DH has a CPAP machine, so our outlets can fill fast.

Fair enough. Although I’m sure the day will come that a CPAP can be charged via USB. Not anytime soon, I imagine, but one day.

RCCL recently announced that you cannot take anything with a power surge protector. People have reported on Cruise Critic that their regular extension cords without surge protectors were taken. So be careful about what you take on board.
Denise

We travel in either 2 or 3 rooms so we don't generally have an issue with enough outlets but I do bring a USB (with multiple ports) European adaptor and/or a simple plug adaptor so that we can use the 220 outlet for some stuff as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!