Can you smell the campfire in the Full hook up loops?

seasalt81

Mouseketeer
This is an odd question, I know, but I have asthma and am sensitive to wood smoke. We have surprisingly been really lucky with this elsewhere, but we're staying at Ft. Wilderness for the first time and since we've never been there, I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how far away the full hookup loops are from the Chip n Dale campfire and whether we'll be able to smell the smoke. Has anyone noticed?

You'll have more risk with your neighbor's burning wood in a firepit there than the outdoor movie campfire. You are pretty far away, I don't believe the actual campfire at the movie will be an issue to you.

There are grills at every site that campers use for cooking and "campfires". It all depends upon your neighbors. Also, Disney does hand out a sheet with approved firepits on it. Here's a quote, "If you choose to enjoy a campfire at Disney's Fort Wilderness, you MUST have a Disney-approved fire pit. Your fire pit MUST have a solid metal top design that prevents exposed flames and prevents the release of embers or sparks." Chances are pretty high especially if your trip is during the fall/wnter season you will be exposed to campfire smoke.

Chances are pretty high especially if your trip is during the fall/wnter season you will be exposed to campfire smoke.

Thanks so much for the info. Maybe we should try to change our plans. I wonder if the cabins have the same issue?

The cabins also have "charcoal grills" but you may not have as much of an issue since you will be inside a cabin and be away from the "camping" loops where campfires are more prevalent. May be a better option for you. Wood smoke sensitivity is a hard thing to deal with and still enjoy camping. The Fort is a wonderful campground and well worth a visit. I wouldn't cancel your plans but you may have to move to the cabins to decrease your exposure to wood smoke.

Thanks so much for the info. Maybe we should try to change our plans. I wonder if the cabins have the same issue?

The cabins are further removed from the campsites and thus less chance of smoke exposure. I hate your asthma is causing you to consider changes, but as a medical professional of over 20 years of emergency medicine, asthma attacks are no joke.

Are you taking a cmper or tent? In other words driving in? A box fan is pretty good at moving smoke away from you.

There are cabins very close to the 2000 loop which is usually for tents and pop-ups. Having driven the golf cart through and noticing campfires, my, suggestion would be to request a cabin away from that loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter