can you ever go back to a studio??

We can't fit in a studio anymore with a 3yr old and her 2 teen sisters! And honestly, I wouldn't want to try. We'll be cramped even in the 1BR we have next week at BCV because there will be teenage stuff everywhere all the time and the mini-me will have her stash of stuff as well.

And one of my girls is a "thrasher". Her sister has a real hard time staying in the bed when they sleep together and/or not getting black and blue from the slaps, punches and kicks. We really need the separate beds/pull outs in the 2BR!!!

We've gone back and forth. But we only stay in a studio for short trips. 4 nights or less. We don't mind it, because we are at Disney! (Yeah!!)

Can't wait until my Sept trip. I am staying at the Swan because we ran out of points.

Cindy in NY

I wouldn't have any problem staying in a studio if it was just me, me and DH or me and DGD8. I think that if it was the three of us, I would go with the 1br. At the most stay two nights in a studio to save the weekend points and then switch. We have no problem with moving during the week.

When we go with our friends, we split the points on a 2br always. With the four adults, the 1br is too small.

We go back and forth. For shorter stays, we do studios in any place but OKW because it doesn't have the sofa, which makes for more comfortable stay. For longer vacations, we tend to choose OKW.

It has always been just DH and I.... that said

we don't have trouble going from 1 bdrm to studio. Our first trip was in a studio at VWL, second trip was for longer and we got a 1 bdrm at BCV, last trip was a studio at VWL again. Loved our 1 bdrm and loved our last studio.

As many others have stated, if it is no trip or studio, I'll take the studio.

Of course you can stay in a studio. It's better than the normal hotel room, that you'd stay at somewhere else. It's a great option to save points during a high point season. Beats staying home or offsite. Enjoy.

I do both studios and 1 brs, it all depends on how many people there are. I have only had 3 people in a studio once, every other time it has been 1 or 2 people so it is plenty of space, I have never been in a 1 br with more than 3 people. We are always under the occupancy limit by at least 1 to 3 people. I enjoy the studios very much when it is only 1-2 people. I never cook on vacation so the full kitchen is of no interest to me, I do not use the jacuzzi in the room nor will I use a bathtub anywhere but at home. Call me wierd, but it just grosses me out thinking of all those naked strangers and their body fluids in the tub/jacuzzi doing god only knows what and I just can not bring myself to use them. I tried the jacuzzi the very first time we stayed in a DVC unit but I was in the tub maybe 3 minutes and I just had to get out, I was too uncomfortable and certainly not enjoying myself. I do miss the w/d in the studios though. As several others have said, I also will not stay in a OKW studio, to me they are like being in a regular hotel room with a small kitchenette of which I only use the refrig. I like the set up of a queen bed and sofa much better, it makes the room feel much larger and it actually feels like a studio apt vs a hotel room. I also prefer the sinks seperate from the tub/shower and toilet. I love the size of the OKW 1 br but do not like the location of the resort or lack of amenities at all, so unless push comes to shove, they are out for me also.

As with most everything else where DCV is concerned personal preferrence and individual circumstances seem to dictate peoples choices. Our children are raised so we don't always have someone going with us to WDW. This gives us more flexibility when considering a studio. This year we've been in a one bedroom, a two bedroom and we will be in a studio in the fall. Our goal so far has been to stay in a one bedroom most of the time but if necessary we will do a studio just so we can have another vacation. We try to use all of our points each year and do very little borrowing or banking. We tend to stay in the off seaons and avoid weekends too.

Do we prefer a one bedroom, you bet but studios still outshine regular rooms.

Well, I'll have to defer my answer until we go in October. We'll be in a studio and in some ways, I'm already dreading it. I'm thinking we won't have that spread out, homey feel. But, we looked it as October is usually still nicer weather and we'll be out and about. If our plans come through for February, we'll definately be in a bigger unit as I suspect we'll be spending more time indoors.

I realy think everyone needs to keep thinking that the studios are just too small and not adequate enough. That way I can certainly have more choices when booking my trips. :teeth:

Since DS is currently working at WDW, it is just hubby and I that need accommodations and the studios, at any location, are just perfect for the 2 of us. We love OKW for the huge bathroom, and we love the other studios to have a sofa to enjoy television when we are in our room.

So, you guys keep spending the points for the 1 bedrooms and leave the studios for me, please and thank you very much. :) :) :)

We go down about 4 times a year and always stay in a 1 bedroom for our December stay, its our treat for the holidays! Then in January thru March we stay in the studio, there our only the two of us so it is not cramped, I can see where it would be a bit crowed with 4 people, but for the two of us it is fine, besides we don't spend that much time in the room anyway! We would rather be able to spend more time at WDW and using the studios allows us the extra points, we really don't need the 1 bedroom everytime!!

When you get low on points you do what you've gotta do to stay at WDW.....sometimes that means getting a studio....sometimes it means skipping weekends...sometimes it means getting a room with cash. If the money's there....it means getting an add on!

Studios aren't my favorite...I was just complaining to my dh when we checked in at OKW this past weekend that they really could have fit a whirlpool tub in the bathroom of our studio (a small one...) But they're still nicer than regular hotel rooms. More room...plus having a fridge and microwave (and counter space and a kitchenette sink) is nice.

The biggest convenience of the one bedrooms over the studios IMO is the laundry facilities. But that's with having young messy kids....and if you're big pool goers, there's always the laundry room by the pool if you're in a studio. So, even though I prefer the one bedroom accomodations, I'll take a studio if its either that or not go at all!

We go between the two also. We go every year for 3-4 weeks. Every other year we meet up with 2-3 other families. On those years we do studios since we're mostly out touring and doing group things. On the opposite years we tend to be more laid back so we do the 1 bedroom. The one rule we have made is that when we do a 1 bedroom we only book at OKW. The size of the OKW unit is just amazing compared to the other resorts. We prefer the studios at the BWV or VWL over OKW. I like having the sitting area available and on the studio years we do alot more park hopping so the BWV is really convenient. Any of the units are certainly a step up from a regular hotel room.

We have yet to rent a studio, our dilemma is can we squeeze into a 1 bedroom to save points after having 2 bedrooms.

We are now a 5 person famly, so in 2 years 10 months we will have to be get a 2 bedroom, but now we could use a 1 bedroom, with the baby in the PnP, until then, but I doubt we will. Fewer trips, larger rooms makes for a better overall vacation.

In re-reading this thread, it occured to me that many of you stay in studios with 4 people or 4 plus a baby. I would definately find that cramped. We don't like to use the hide-a-bed in a one bedroom if we don't have to, so often we will get a 2 bedroom for 4 people. I think what I am trying to point out is that " different strokes for different folks". It really doesn't matter where you stay if your only goal is to stay in WDW. Bear in mind, that I always think of a studio and 1,2,or3 bedroom from the standpoint of OKW. I think that might color how some of us think of this issue too. As to watching TV from the bed in the OKW studio. I usually sit on one of the two chairs provided at the small table. It never occured to me that a sofa would be better. For sure a sofa bed would NOT be better if you needed it for people to sleep on.

We stay in them all solely based on what we're doing and who's going. Just got back from 5 days with DW, DD7, DS6, DD4, and MIL in a 2BR BCV. Trip in Oct is for F&W and it'll be just DW and I, in the room very little so we are in a studio...

I'd rather stay in a studio at Disney than not go at all.:D

My wife and I have always stayed in a 1 bedroom or larger. We love the separate rooms, laundry, bathroom, etc. On our last stay, we did end with one night in a studio and I must say it was not that bad, definitely better than a regular room. I don't think we could spend an extended vacation there - would miss the items above - but it is fine to finish a vacation with.

Originally posted by mb168

I'd rather stay in a studio at Disney than not go at all.:D [/B]

I feel the same way. However, I think this may be why different people feel differently. I'm a true Disney lover. However, DH is different. He tolerates Disney, spends little time at the theme parks, but loves our vacations at OKW and at HH. However, his attitude is "Are we getting a 1 BR? If not, I'm not sure I want to go." He has a high stress job, and really looks forward to the vacation, restfulness of a 1 BR. To him, the focus is on vacation, not where we are. Me, I just love WDW, 1 BR or studio or park bench!

In all my nights, there has been one in a studio and that was just me and my daughter.

We bought DVC for one reason and one reason only to be comfortable. That "Home Away From Home" sales pitch worked. When we saw the one and two bedroom units, we were sold. The double first year allotment forced us to get a GV, we just couldn't turn back.

DW, DD and I have stayed in a one bedroom twice, 3 and 4 night trips. Some may find it interesting to know that the only one bedroom I have ever stayed in was BWV. It the walk and the GV point cost that will keep our BWV point usage to a minimum.

We have spent some points on concierge stays, the consierge service goes a long way toward making up for the studio and a couple three days at a time, I will do it again.

Anything longer than a few days, its the OKW GV.

I enjoy our times in a studio as much as a 1 /2 bedroom.

Scott

I don't feel as any less of an owner staying in a studio either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter