can you do both parks in 1 day

postalcop

Mouseketeer
we have been to wdw many, many times, next year we will be taking a trip to las vegas and wated to do a one day trip to disney land. just wated to know if it possible to hop to both parks i just one day. i'm not sure if the parks in california are smaller than the ones in fla. we will be going in april, june, or aug. we haven't decided on the dates yet, we are still planning. i'm sure i am leaving out alot of info, and i am sorry, just ask me and will try to help, so you can help me!!

thanks
~sue

Depends on your definition "do". If you want to hit the big rides, probably. If you want to really take in the parks, ride most of the rides and watch some shows, then NO. We typically feel like we need at least 3 days, more if possible. I went for 2 days, with just adults in May. We put in long days, did some shows and rode what we wanted to.

Size comparison to WDW is difficult. The parks are smaller as far as land mass is concerned, but offer a lot in a small amount of space. DL offers more rides and attractions then Magic Kingdom does.

Well, I suppose it's possible to do the "highlights" of each park in one day (only rides). Doubt you'd have time for any shows or such. If the parks are less crowded, it's easy.

You will be able to do some things but not everything in one day in each park. Depending on when you go if it's crowded/how long the park hours are will all depend on how much you can get done as well. I suggest you make a list of the must see rides/shows you want to do, then a list of the things you want to do but won't be bummed if you miss. Do all your must dos first then if you still have time work on the second list.

Usually we go for three days however this year we are going in January and are going for 4 or 5.

The parks are smaller but that just means everything is closer together so you don't have to walk far to do a ride/show. You will be amazed how close together everything is and still the amount of rides/shows that are there.

We do it. There are some things that we are not too interested in. We always are able to hit the big rides, see a parade and watch the fireworks. My son is older so we don't worry about waiting to see any characters.

In the six or so days I've been to DL (spent more time in Orlando, like you), I've always felt I saw everything every day. But I was usually either a single rider or there with somebody in a wheelchair, so I wasn't always on the regular lines.

If you don't mind being split up for rides, ther should be no problem. Plus there are a number of attracions you don't need to see 'cause they are much the same in both parks: ITTBAB, MuppetVision (which I still see any time I'm near it, but it's the same both places), AstroBlasters... And ToT is not worth seeing at DL if you've ridden it at WDW. The view from atop may be different, but the ride itself isn't nearly as spectacular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!