Can you change Southwest flights?

MinnieForMe

DIS Veteran
We are traveling in April. I've never booked this far in advance but it is school vacation week. I found a decent price for a flight but it has a change of planes in Philly. Can I book it and modify it by changing to a nonstop flight if one becomes open? So far the nonstops are still full price.

Yes you can switch SW flights. You just do it online. You cancel the first, then use your cancellation code as the ticketless funds code to pay for your new reservation. I would highly recommend using two browser windows and getting each page as far as you can go, so that you cancel, snag the code, plop it into the pay part of the other window and go.

The only time you would have to cancel and book a new reservation is to get a ding fare. Otherwise you can just modify.

Southwest makes it so easy. Last year I was able to change 3 times. I never changed the date or the flight but by using change itinerary option on SW home page, I was able to save each time. You keep the same confirmation number. Southwest also made it so you can change just one leg of a round trip too.
It's true about dings you should open 2 tabs get all the info ready on the ding flight then cancel your original and apply it on the payment tab on the ding flight. It's really easy.

Once you start changing and getting those SW credits and seeing how darn easy they make it to change, you'll sneeze at the rest of teh airlines that charge a $150 fee to change from now on... plus no luggage fees. I LUV Southwest.

Go under Travel Tools then click change reservation. Follow the prompts...it is so easy. I love SW. :goodvibes

Southwest knows what they are doing!

It starts with that innocent $130 credit from finding a better fare. Then you get a DING! and see that you can get to WDW again for only $59 each way so you plop down an additional $200+ for three more tickets for a long weekend trip BEFORE the original trip even begins!

That's why we buy annual passes.

Southwest knows what they are doing!

It starts with that innocent $130 credit from finding a better fare. Then you get a DING! and see that you can get to WDW again for only $59 each way so you plop down an additional $200+ for three more tickets for a long weekend trip BEFORE the original trip even begins!

That's why we buy annual passes.

That's for sure...we got a Ding last year for $36 to MCO. Then in August we bought AP's and we are going in Dec, Feb & Aug 2010. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter