Can we purchase the DDP for just one night?

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
Can we do the dining plan for just one night? and can we purchase it while staying off property?

you can purchase dining plan for one night if you have a ONE night reservation. You can not purchase the dining plan while on site. I believe it has to be 48 hours in advance.

you can purchase dining plan for one night if you have a ONE night reservation. You can not purchase the dining plan while on site. I believe it has to be 48 hours in advance.
So we have to be on Disney property to purchase the DDP?

To explain, we are driving into Orlando for two nights from our HHI vacation. We are going to Discovery Cove for one day and the second day we are going to the Disney waterparks and dinner in Disney Springs. We will be staying off property for the two nights. I was thinking we would use the DDP for the one day at the waterparks and our dinner that night.

So we have to be on Disney property to purchase the DDP?

yes. you can ONLY purchase the dining plan if you have a Disney Resort reservation. Now, whether you stay there or not is totally up to you. I mean if you want to book a room at a value resort and buy the Deluxe dining plan for one night for a ticketless "package". then that is up to you.

Do you know what I mean about the above post?

Yes, you have to stay in a WDW resort to purchase the dining plan. Before making any decisions about this, really look at how much the plan costs versus how much you would spend on meals. Many years ago, the DDP was a good deal, but now I find I save money paying out of pocket instead of buying the DDP.

This is only partially correct---you can book for one night, it has to be part of a package, but you cannot book a ticketless package---you have to buy park tickets through your reservation. I just tried it myself, in fact. Have to buy the tickets.

This is only partially correct---you can book for one night, it has to be part of a package, but you cannot book a ticketless package---you have to buy park tickets through your reservation. I just tried it myself, in fact. Have to buy the tickets.

You can book it, but you have to call
I do it all of the time

Unless something changed overnight, you can get the dining plan without tickets, but it has to be done on the phone. If you get a CM that says you can't or doesn't know how, politely ask for a manager or hang up and call back. Ticketless packages have been a thing for many years and hundreds of DISers have been buying them for all those years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!