Can we break our PTR curse?...update 2/27 Wed and thurs plans and more count down

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes, congratulations and good thoughts you have sent my way this past week. The last two days were so stressfull at my current job. Friday I was scheduled a double, so after I dropped my son Jack at school I went to the bank to take care of things with regards to his tuition, but all morning my money did not post. So I transferred a little from my other account and went into work. Turns out my direct deposit was not going to post because they messed up and had nothing for me, not even a paper check:scared1: I was freaking out, because my sons first tuition payment was to come out. Well by the time I left work they had a check for me, but I left work 25 minutes late, and picked Jack up 15 minutes late:sad1: I was mortified, the teacher was fine, and said I wasn't that late. A little girl got picked up the same time as I got him. I'm that Mom that is always 5 minutes early...he seemed ok, but was hot, so I took him to get a drink and a small toy before heading to pick up my DH. On the way home Jack threw up :sick:, so I know he was stressed and probably still hot. :sad2: And I didn't even get to stay home and comfort him, I had to jump back in the car and head back to work. So Saturday I spent all day taking care of banking and errands...LONG day.

Going back a day though, on Thursday I got to observe at my new job, and it's going to be GREAT!!!

And to make up for all my work drama, I had a little bit of luck come my way. Actually it had been in the works prior, but Friday night my DH said yes. I'm super excited about this news....

I will have the pleasure of accompanying a group of moms who all have children on the autism spectrum and we are meeting in WDW to discuss a book one of our own fellow DISers is writing. I think most of you know her, but I'll let you read about her and the other Fabulous moms I get to travel with on the group ptr: Spectrum Moms take on the World I hope you will pop over and check it out, though a couple of you are actually traveling with me :banana::cool1:

So now I get two trips in 2011, and am on :cloud9:

And I did promise an update on my March trip, but I'll have to try and do that tonight...I have a new Moms Tea at Jacks school today

I'm just getting caught up here. Congrats on the new job....can't wait to hear what you will be doing there with the kids!

Congratulations on your new job! :cool1:

I hope Jack is feeling better now.
It never fails, once a year my son Levi always throws up at school. It's always been after recess. From running, playing too hard & getting overheated I think. He is always better after a couple of hours.

Sounds like the job switch will be very good for you...

Oh, and I'm that mom who's always running 5 minutes late! :rolleyes1

Kathy

I'm just getting caught up here. Congrats on the new job....can't wait to hear what you will be doing there with the kids!

I'm going to be a neurofeedback technician. I'm very excited, the center deals with all ages from little to adult, and all parts of the spectrum from very mild to severe. So I'm looking forward to learning and growing. Thanks for coming over. Looking forward to meeting you.

popcorn:: subbing in looking forward to getting to know you and your family more

J~

Thanks for coming over, I stopped by yours too, yours will take me slightly longer to catch up, but can't wait to meet you.

Congratulations on your new job! :cool1:

I hope Jack is feeling better now.
It never fails, once a year my son Levi always throws up at school. It's always been after recess. From running, playing too hard & getting overheated I think. He is always better after a couple of hours.

Thanks, he is better now, I came to find out today that my suspicions were correct, Jack also ate some things last week that he shouldn't have. So his body was defending against the bad things he ate, with the heat, and his stress.

So glad you are joining us for the January Spectrum Moms trip!! :banana:

I'm so excited :cool1: Now we get to meet after all :)

Sounds like the job switch will be very good for you...

Oh, and I'm that mom who's always running 5 minutes late! :rolleyes1

Kathy

I'm very much looking forward to my new job, even more now, for reasons I can not say at the moment. But will share when I am allowed. I got to work with three clients last week, one teen, one adult, and one child. The child was more severe, very limited language, but such a sweatheart. I loved it.

I'm also going to be teaching religion to Jacks class at his school, waiting to get more details on that.

Today we were 30 minutes early for school :scared1: Both my kids got very ansy having to sit in the very loud cafeteria. I will need to have Jacks headphones ready for him in the future if he ever gets dropped off early once he switches to full time kindergarten.

update coming up next...

Here is our DHS top ten, tentative date for this park is Wednesday the 16th, it all depends on park hours...

1. TSM
toystorymania.jpg

2. Fantasmic
Disfantasmic.jpg

3. Playhouse Disney Live
displayhouselive.jpg

4. R n' R
RocknRollerCoaster.jpg

5. Studio Backlot Tour
backlottour.jpg

6. Lights, Motors, Action
stuntshow.jpg

7. Honey I shrunk the Kids Play area
honeyishrunkthekidsplayground.jpg

8. Pictures in front of Sorcerer Mickey hat
Dissorcererhat.jpg

9. Character greets at Animation area
disneyanimation.jpg

10. Pictures with Woody and Buzz
meetwoodyandbuzz.jpg

That's all I have for now, waiting on park hours and our adr window to open so we can start making our ADR's

Jessica- I'm emailing you the link to the March hours....didn't realize you didn't have them.

Jessica- I'm emailing you the link to the March hours....didn't realize you didn't have them.

Thank you so much, got it, working on my changes now. I have to see what my family wants to do now, because most of our park days are now changing :rotfl2: (I think it's funny, but I think my Mom won't cause she just asked me for the park days yesterday) But now I can properly plan, so thank you :thumbsup2

Hi Jessica!

Followed the link in your siggy! Late to the party as always, but not on Dis quite so much lately so have been missing all the developments!

Will read through and catch up with all your plan!

Di x

Hi Jessica!

Followed the link in your siggy! Late to the party as always, but not on Dis quite so much lately so have been missing all the developments!

Will read through and catch up with all your plan!

Di x

Thanks for joining...sorry didn't respond sooner. Glad you're here again, to follow my planning again, lol. This time it's really gonna happen :):goodvibes

Well I'm finally approaching that mark, my friends outside the DIS world think I'm crazy. They don't understand booking/planning meals 180 days away. :lmao:

But at least you all do :) So I'm 7 days away from making my first ADR, or being able to make an ADR. So that will be my focus this week, I need to once and for all decide where/when we will be eating that would require an ADR. And gently harass my travel companions to see who will be joining my family of 4 for which meals. I will probably end up needing to make several ADR's for different amts of people.

The extra challenging part of this....we aren't staying on property :scared1: so this means I need to call each day or pop online and make reservations appropriately.

In other news... next weekend we have a mini trip to Nashville. Where we will get to practice matching shirt wearing, meal planning ahead for Jack, and traveling for more than 30 minutes in our car. We are participating in the Walk for Autism, I have been planning this for almost a year. I know it will be an emotional, uplifting, and great family day. Will tell you all about it when we get back.

In the meantime... I'm off to plan my ADR's...

Happy ADR planning! When I plan ADRs for large groups, I often make two separate reservations for the same time. You're often told you will be at two tables anyways so by making it two separate ADRs, you have the flexibility to cancel one and keep the other.

Congratulations on making it to walk day!! You guys will have a blast. We've done the Autism Speaks walk several times... though not for a few years now... It's always emotional but very fun & so worth it!

Happy ADR planning! When I plan ADRs for large groups, I often make two separate reservations for the same time. You're often told you will be at two tables anyways so by making it two separate ADRs, you have the flexibility to cancel one and keep the other.

Congratulations on making it to walk day!! You guys will have a blast. We've done the Autism Speaks walk several times... though not for a few years now... It's always emotional but very fun & so worth it!

Thanks, I already get teary eyed just thinking about going now that it is less than a week away.:)

I can't wait to see where you decided for ADR's.

I also can't wait to see your Nashville pics & walking for Autism pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter