Can we break our PTR curse?...update 2/27 Wed and thurs plans and more count down

I love your MK goals... I like to go into a park with goals rather than a specific touring plan - it makes it easier to be successful. :goodvibes

Thanks for the reminder to put Crystal Palace breakfast on my ADR list! :thumbsup2

I had a pre-park opening ADR for our trip last year, but we ended up skipping it when our MK plans got juggled around. We'll have to pay more for Alex this year since he'll be 10, but I've always dreamed of walking up an almost empty Main Street. :cloud9:

I love your MK goals... I like to go into a park with goals rather than a specific touring plan - it makes it easier to be successful. :goodvibes

Thanks for the reminder to put Crystal Palace breakfast on my ADR list! :thumbsup2

I had a pre-park opening ADR for our trip last year, but we ended up skipping it when our MK plans got juggled around. We'll have to pay more for Alex this year since he'll be 10, but I've always dreamed of walking up an almost empty Main Street. :cloud9:

Exactly, and the odds of having a successful touring plan are against me (large party, easily stressed out boys, everything new for them as well, and staying off property adds some extra travel time back and forth), so I figured having 10 must do's each day would be the best plan for us, to at least give me something to suggest to everyone. I know on MK day the first ride absolutely will be Dumbo, but after that we'll see where the day takes us to each of our top 10 destinations.

That will be exciting for you all then. That is the only breakfast I have planned for us outside the house, just for that very purpose of walking down an almost empty mainstreet. :cloud9:

That really sounds cool!!!!:cool2:

Your top 10 sounds great! I'm so sad It's a Small World will be closed when we go:guilty:

Thanks, the boys are really looking forward to it. I hope to not disappoint. We'll stay in Koa type places, and my Dad is going to teach me all spring on how to put up and take down the tent. We already have sleeping bags. I'm excited to just take our time and see whats between TN and CA before visiting with family that I haven't seen in at three years (once we see them again).

Small World is going to be closed? I know we won't get to see Star Tours, that will still be down when we go. But I didn't know Small World was closing for a period. I still have to make my way to your PTR, that is on my list for this week. I promise:)

Great planning with the top 10 list. How much of Fantasyland is being affected by the expansion? :confused3

Lego, candy and the Fabulous Five -- perfect! :rotfl: Your boys will be in heaven!

I'd love an empty Main Street. Almost makes me want to think about getting up early...... almost. ;)

Looking good!! Lots of fun attractions there on your list :)

It was hard for me too, waiting for the park hours to come out too! And even then, you never know...:rolleyes1:sad2:

How did I not notice you had a PTR.:confused3 And why didn't you let me know you had one.

First off, three times the charm, right?

The vacation home looks great! And so far your plans look great.

I was just reading a TR where they had breakfast at CP at 8:00am, and were waiting by the castle at 8:45am for rope drop, first on Dumbo. I want to try this sometime (hint, as they did, ask for ticket to pay first time you see the CM waiter).

How did I not notice you had a PTR.:confused3 And why didn't you let me know you had one.

First off, three times the charm, right?

The vacation home looks great! And so far your plans look great.

I was just reading a TR where they had breakfast at CP at 8:00am, and were waiting by the castle at 8:45am for rope drop, first on Dumbo. I want to try this sometime (hint, as they did, ask for ticket to pay first time you see the CM waiter).

Hey, yeah, third times the charm :goodvibes It's gonna happen, I'm determined and the timing works out great. So DH is on board 100% this time.

I think we must have read the same TR, because someone told me that exact same thing. They told me to pay at the beginning so we could just leave and get to Dumbo right away, which is our plan of course. ;)

In Life news, I have a lot to share...first today was Jack's first day of school. I guess you can call it Kindergarten, but he isn't officially in a kindergarten class yet, he is in a special class for children that are all on different parts of the autism spectrum. He'll get moved into a regular class sometime during the school year though, at least that is what they foresee happening.

Paint a BIG L on my forehead though, because I have no pictures to share :scared1: I took a camera, it just wasn't a charged one:confused3

My other son and I got to enjoy an outing to the zoo together. It's the first time we got to have such a fun outing together alone. I took lots of pictures, on a disposable camera, so will get that developed and share some with you all.

I have been offered a job at the autism center here, and calling tomorrow to get more information. I'm very excited about it. Finally going to do something I feel passionate about. I'll give you all more info when I get more info tomorrow, but keep your fingers crossed that this works out, because I would really love to be working with children on the spectrum, I would feel like my job would have meaning and purpose, rather than just making people happy with food. Like I said previously though, I might keep my current job too though, at least part time.

Congratulations on your new job! :flower3:

Yay for the first day of school!! :banana:

Double yay about the job!! :banana::banana: It sounds perfect!

Thanks :) I'm super excited, but won't know everything until tomorrow. There are some things that need to fall in to place.

But I'll let you all know as soon as I know for sure.

and p.s. facebook friends, don't say anything on fb :ssst: I don't want my coworkers to know until I iron out the details and talk to my current manager.

...first today was Jack's first day of school.

Argh, I hate getting behind on my subscriptions and missing exiting news like yours..... first day of school! :banana:

My other son and I got to enjoy an outing to the zoo together. It's the first time we got to have such a fun outing together alone. I took lots of pictures, on a disposable camera, so will get that developed and share some with you all.

:goodvibes Some one on one time is nice. Can't wait to see your pictures!

I have been offered a job at the autism center here, and calling tomorrow to get more information. I'm very excited about it. Finally going to do something I feel passionate about. I'll give you all more info when I get more info tomorrow, but keep your fingers crossed that this works out, because I would really love to be working with children on the spectrum, I would feel like my job would have meaning and purpose, rather than just making people happy with food. Like I said previously though, I might keep my current job too though, at least part time.

That's so great!!! That calls for some pixiedust for luck!

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I go in tomorrow for a second interview, so should know more about the job tomorrow.

Here are pictures I managed to get from digital camera 1. before it died last week, and 2. today for Joey's first day of school.

Leaving for school on the first day 8/12
Firstdayofschool001.jpg

Joey on 8/12 (our special day together)
Firstdayofschool002.jpg

our view for about 10 min of our ride
Firstdayofschool004.jpg

Today on the way to school
Firstdayofschool007.jpg
Firstdayofschool006.jpg

In their classrooms:
Firstdayofschool008.jpg
Firstdayofschool009.jpg

Wish me luck for tomorrow. It's going to be a long night. I also have to remember to talk to her about our trip in March. TTYS with an update on our trip, I've been working on our top ten lists for each park.

I love your top 10 list at MK! So many great attractions on your list!! Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh are two of my favorites!:lovestruc

On our first trip we did an early morning breakfast at Crystal Palace so we could see Main Street empty and then we did the opening show on the opposite day as well. We loved doing both but enjoyed the opening show so much that now we plan it in for every trip!! It's a great way to start the day at MK!:cloud9:

Yay for the first day of school!:yay:

Good Luck on your job interview tomorrow!:goodvibes

Good luck with the job!!!!!

Let us know how you make out (like you weren't going to or something!) :lmao::lmao:

Sorry guys, I had to work a double at work today because someone else quit.

I got the job, I go in tomorrow to observe, and I put in my notice at work, so next week will be my last week at the deli and I'll start my new job the week after. And they were fine with my plans to take a week off in March to see Mickey. :)

Thanks for all the good thoughts ...probably won't get a trip update in until this weekend, I work another double Friday night. Tomorrow I need to get caught up on house chores after we get home, and bills :scared1:

Congrats on getting the JOB!!!!! :banana::banana: :yay::yay: :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm sure you will be super busy now (like you weren't before right?) :lmao::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter